• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Night Owls Are More Intelligent

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Why Night Owls Are More Intelligent than Morning Larks
More intelligent people wake up late and stay up late

Net of a large number of social and demographic factors, more intelligent children grow up to be more nocturnal as adults than less intelligent children. Compared to their less intelligent counterparts, more intelligent individuals go to bed later on weeknights (when they have to get up at a certain time the next day) and on weekends (when they don’t), and they wake up later on weekdays (but not on weekends, for which the positive effect of childhood intelligence on adult nocturnality is not statistically significant).

Weekday%20night_0.jpg

Weekend%20night.jpg

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I have been vaguely aware of this for a while now..

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is it not too small a time range?

Chloe

whats causing what ? because if we are more smart the more we are up at night, i guess government should put kids on nights program.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So if you stay up later you'll get smarter. Makes perfect sense. :thinking:

Chloe

you'll probably read more, so of course you'll be smarter. what else can you do at night ? :shrug: except having sex. (also i live in apartment so i need to be quiet, so reading is only option)

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you'll probably read more, so of course you'll be smarter. what else can you do at night ? :shrug: except having sex. (also i live in apartment so i need to be quiet, so reading is only option)

I guess this is assuming you still get a decent amount of sleep, then?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hooray! I is smart person! :D

Perhaps this can be used as evidence for why school needs to be started later in the day.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Rock 'n roll.

I need to send this to my mom. Told her as much 20 years ago.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

:doh:

maybe its the smart people who usually stay up later rather than people who stay up late are getting smarter?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Of course we are.

We're smart enough to avoid the societal pattern set by others.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What if you stay up very late, and wake up very early? Does that make a difference?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
that sounds very unhealthy

Haha, it probably is, but that's how I've functioned since I was 14. I also sleep twice. My schedule in high school was get up at 4:30 am, get to practice by 5:15, go to school, schedule a class where I could take a quick nap, go home around 4:00 pm, sleep from then until 10 at night, do homework until 2 am, and then take another nap.

Today I get much more sleep, probably I get up at 7 am usually, go through the day, take a long nap from 1 pm until 4 or 5, and then go to bed around 2 am.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
What if you stay up very late, and wake up very early? Does that make a difference?

That's a sure fire way to know if I'm happy. It means I have a job and thus have to wake up early, and it means I stay up late because I go out with friends all the time.

I call it bombie (bomb + zombie) high.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I have a simple theory on why this is: a more active brain takes longer to shut down, and often doesn't want to.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I was always the little kid who didn't want to go to sleep. I was up way later than was common/appropriate for young kids. Between college and intoxicants, I've come to appreciate sleep a lot more the past few years. Melatonin has helped me become a normal bedtime-type and a normal-to-late riser. I have Fridays off this trimester, and I slept a total of 10 hours last night. On days when I have 8 a.m. class, it's usually more like 1:00 to 5:30.