• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Night Owls Are More Intelligent

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
but the deal here is that you said that being smart leads to good education. this is only a fact when you look at statistics that are based on average..

Yes. That's how such "facts" are commonly used. It's not an epistemologically correct procedure, as Hume has shown, yet as humans we can't do much better yet, when it comes to anything that has to do with analyizing our own large-scale behavior.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes. That's how such "facts" are commonly used. It's not an epistemologically correct procedure, as Hume has shown, yet as humans we can't do much better yet, when it comes to anything that has to do with analyizing our own large-scale behavior.

who says that such facts are commonly used like that? imo you are using statistics the wrong way if you make a statement that smart people have/get high education based purely on statistics about average. people dont commonly do that kind of stuff..

correct way of interpreting that kind of statistics would be that smart people more often get higher education

just admit your defeat! :D

TacEight

MBTI Type
INTP
I'd suggest this is what personality typing does: it helps categorized types of people and their thought processes to better assess various groups' behavior. In this instance, you have I's: those who are generally going to be more energized by being by themselves, generally more probable in night-time situations, N's: those whose mind cannot sit still and focus, but rather stay awake by their wandering thoughts, and lastly a slightly heavier dose of T's, whom also tend to "think past their bedtime."

Of course that's all speculation, but I'd wager a pattern could be found there. Putting all that together, INT's also have a stronger compilation of "higher IQ" persons, for whatever reason one wishes to argue. (Although I am an INT, I find no grounds for elitism anymore in my own intelligence, and value F-type logic as much as my own T--even if I cannot grasp it most of the time.)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
correct way of interpreting that kind of statistics would be that smart people more often get higher education

That's what I've been saying all along :shock: wasn't it obvious? Is there any other possible way to interpret those statistics? (Answer: no)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's what I've been saying all along :shock: wasn't it obvious? Is there any other possible way to interpret those statistics? (Answer: no)

no u didnt, you said this:

Smarter -> better education

and it makes it a totally different thing, even tho you are just adding two words to it..

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
But in college- everybody stays up late.. no matter how smart you are. ;)