• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what's your sleeping pattern?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Like is it consistent or does it change?

How many hours do you sleep a night on average?

Do feel you get enough sleep?

Mine is
not consistent

for a month or so I'll sleep 13 plus hours and still feel like I need more rest, and if I force myself to only sleep 8 I feel like a total zombie, but if I sleep 13-15 hours during this period I feel more rested, than suddenly I'll sleep 3-4 hours a night and feel absolutley rested. it's weird.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Pattern? There is absolutely no pattern. 13 hours one day, 3 hours the next, allnighter the next.....

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Usually Im used to sleeping in parts (4-5 hours) and (3-4 hours) per day, however these days I sleep quite early at about right after the sun goes down until about 2 hours before the sun rises.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I sleep about 4-5 hours during the night over the work week; and if I'm not driving in the carpool, I'll get an extra hour or so in the car; and sometimes I'll take a 2 hour nap when I get home if I can't stay awake.

On the weekend, I'll sleep anywhere from 7-10 hours a night. About a month ago, I was so tired, I got home on a Friday night, fell asleep on the sofa at 6:30pm, crawled into bed at 9pm, and didn't wake up until about 10am the next day.

No, I don't get enough sleep. My ideal would be 8-9 hours a night, probably; it sucks being a night owl who has to get up at 5am to make the work commute. I had one bad afternoon a few weeks ago where I kept zoning out during a meeting no matter how hard I fought to focus (and drinking coffee), and when I'd struggle back to awareness and open my mouth to say something, I realized that it would be gibberish (since I was kinda in a dream state)... so I'd shut my mouth again. That was the worst period of sleep-deprivation I think I've had.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm fairly consistent in my habits... I tend to go to bed anywhere from 11:30 PM to 12:30 AM through the week, and wake up around 6 AM. After work I tend to pass out for an hour or so on the couch if I'm lucky... And on the weekends I tend to go to bed around midnight and wake up around 8 or 9 AM... Sometimes 10 AM if I don't have anything going on that day.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm very lucky to have a pretty flexible work schedule, so I can usually get up at my preferred time (8am) which means I go to bed around 11:30-12:30. I try to get 8 hours a night but sometimes it's closer to 7. On the weekends I don't usually stay up much later and sleep until I wake up, typically 8-9am but occasionally earlier or later.

I dread having a "real job" where I have to get up before 7, because it's really hard to go to bed before 11 and I get really grumpy with less than 7 hours of sleep.

edit: I should add that 1) I feel like compared to a lot of people, I do well for sleep, but I'd prefer to have a bit more some days. Sometimes 7h is enough but sometimes even 8.5 is too little. and 2) I naturally want to get up earlier in summer and much later in winter. On weekends I'd wake up at maybe 9-10 in winter compared to ~8 in summer.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
this is a lot more fascinating than i thought. Not that I'd thought it be boring, but I didn't know I could get this much joy out of reading about other people's sleeping patterns, I was more interesting and see if their was a pattern with the members of the board. But actually reading each individual one I find interesting. Maybe I'm just weird, but I find it fascinating.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
Well I can sleep all the time..

I want to be in bed at 10pm and I get up around 6.30am. Sometimes I go to bed at 11:30pm or so. I love when I can go to bed at 8pm :i

F

figsfiggyfigs

I sleep at least 5 hours a night. sometimes less though

No , I usually try to work an hour nap in during the day if i can.

Mine is NOT consistent at all, Last month, I didnt go to bed till 6 am, EVERYDAY for 30 days, then school started so that had to change.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm very lucky to have a pretty flexible work schedule, so I can usually get up at my preferred time (8am) which means I go to bed around 11:30-12:30. I try to get 8 hours a night but sometimes it's closer to 7. On the weekends I don't usually stay up much later and sleep until I wake up, typically 8-9am but occasionally earlier or later.

I dread having a "real job" where I have to get up before 7, because it's really hard to go to bed before 11 and I get really grumpy with less than 7 hours of sleep.

Yeah... I always told a former boss that I'd never have an 8-5 because I hate mornings... Now I'm working a 7-4 job! I hate getting up early...but getting off when the sun is still up regardless of time of the year is nice.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

On avg, I get about 7h of sleep a ''night,'' albeit my nights are often during the day. The hours are, for the most part, within a consistent time frame. If I've skipped sleep/been stressed, I can sleep over 24h, without any medicinal aids.. that's not healthy, & I never feel particularly rested after bouts like that. When I get between 5-7h of sleep, I feel most rested.

Mine is
not consistent

for a month or so I'll sleep 13 plus hours and still feel like I need more rest, and if I force myself to only sleep 8 I feel like a total zombie, but if I sleep 13-15 hours during this period I feel more rested, than suddenly I'll sleep 3-4 hours a night and feel absolutley rested. it's weird.

:thinking: The reason you might not feel rested, chickens, when you get upwards of 13h of sleep, might be due to the cyclical element of our sleep phases - I can't recall the specifics offhand, but imagine these stages as a series of hills; peaks/valleys - the peaks being closer to a more alert/wakeful state, and the valleys existing as deeper/less alert, more ''restorative,'' so to speak, sleep. These phases occur cyclically throughout the night, with more peaks/more shallow valleys the closer we get to waking up for the day [ordinarily within the 6-8h timeframe]. If you sleep about 4h, you might have gone through one phase of deeper sleep, & are creeping up towards a more wakeful state, which is why you might ''feel'' more rested/alert, than if you happen to wake later on & happen to wake while coasting back down into one of those valleys again.

..If that makes sense..

on that note.. Lex got 3h of sleep, & requires a nap. :yes:

*pulls shade*

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The ideal for me is about 8 hrs/night, and if I don't have much of anything going on in my life, socially, that's what it ends up being.

When I'm busier, and depending on what I have going on, I then might have a night with just 3-5 hrs, then a couple of 6-7 hr nights, and then I'll be really tired and after 2-3 nights without much sleep will then on that 4th night go to bed at like 8 or 8:30pm and sleep for almost 12 hours, then I'm feeling good again.

But yeah.. generally I can go 2-4 nights with less sleep than is optimal, but I have a strong need to then get a 12-hr night in to 'catch up' and feel healthy once again.

wolfy

awsm
I usually curl up on my right side. Seven hours is just about right, with a few short ten minute time outs during the day. I usually get this, but the time I go to sleep and wake up varies a bit.

That is pretty ideal for me.

Zukram.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I have a fairly scheduled sleep pattern, but the schedule is dependent on what I need to do during the day. I don't work, so during the summer when I'm also out of school I tend to stay up all night for pretty much no reason, waking up in the middle of the day sometimes. During the school year it's completely different, though. I have to be up insanely early and it's like no amount of sleep is enough.

The only thing that can really keep me from my sleep is probably something that really interferes with my thought process.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I average about 7.5 hours a night. Anything less than 6 and I start feeling like a zombie if I don't have caffiene. I don't have a set time I go to bed, just whenever I feel tired. I guess on average its around midnight. But I've noticed that I usually wake up around the same time regardless of when I go to bed. Usually I wake up before the alarm goes off.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
4-6 hours a night. Go to sleep from 11-2, depending. I feel like I get enough sleep.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I sleep six hours per day. Despite I go to bed at different times during weekends.

I don't know why, but I can't get to sleep more than that. I know that the healthy amount is eight hours. I have been missing two for a long time.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
4-6 hours most nights. i feel weird and sluggish if i sleep too long

P

Phantonym

My sleeping pattern changes from time to time. Since I don't have a set schedule, I can afford to have flexible hours. Usually I get like 7-9 hours a day on average. I can go on for months with fairly consistent hours, from midnight to 7-8 am. I wake up without using the alarm. Then all of that changes, I might get by for weeks with 5 hours a day, or I can go over 10.

I never used to take naps during the day...but I guess I'm getting old or something...because occasionally I do now. But I also work out a few hours a day mostly every day, so that contributes to those as well.

I do think that I get enough sleep. I'm not deprived, that's for sure and I can change the pattern myself, if I see that it starts to have a negative effect on me. I've never really had significant difficulties with sleeping for very long periods of time.