• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

do you "speak" inside of your head?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i was wondering if this is IXXP or P type related. personally i do this, my infp friend does this and i know other intp who also does this, but my intj friend doesent do it(he says its not efficient thinking :D). i havent asked other people, so i decided ill ask you guys.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yes often but if you would translate head to real world 1:1 it would be more a huge mixture of words, pictures, sounds and numbers in my head for me.

That's why I have difficulties speaking in general and I am always mixing words and things up. Only intense focus on the words I want to say, meaning formulating the sentences in your head in advance, or taking time before you answer does help me to speak clearly.

Nevertheless conveying to others what I think about certain things, never really works 100%. I like to let my work speak for itself.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Nope. But I sometimes talk out loud to myself.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't speak to myself inside my head. I visualise more.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
i was wondering if this is IXXP or P type related. personally i do this, my infp friend does this and i know other intp who also does this, but my intj friend doesent do it(he says its not efficient thinking :D). i havent asked other people, so i decided ill ask you guys.

can you describe it? is it slow or fast? are the thoughts easily interupted by outside noise? etc.
i heard an enlgish teacher say how he thinks at least 1000 words a second or minute or something. that's probably a very typical type of thinking for an enlgish teacher, you know, verbal and auditory. those guys never do shut up.

i think in vivid unsequenced movies, kinda. very, very visual, unstructured and wholisitic. i sense mathematical relationships between things. i don't use words. i struggle to turn my thoughts into words. it's a very slow kind of thinking that is interupted by talking and other noises.

i wouldn't say it's type related at all. i don't see the connection.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Yes, I speak to myself heaps, both internally and externally.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
No, I don't

Yes, you do!

Really?

I agree with the first voice :yes:

Ingrid in grids

I don't. It's all too fast and fluid for any running commentary! I think if I had to pick some kind of 'medium' for my thoughts... it would be something with figures, movements and waves of emotions. That's the best that I can do to describe it...

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I babble in my head, and there are lots of abstract shapes and textures floating around there. I speak in my head when I'm actually trying to focus my thoughts.

G

Glycerine

It's a combination of that and speaking out loud. I usually say something in my head and verbalize tidbits out loud.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Lately I speak inside my head a lot more, as I've been analyzing my thought processes. My mind is filled with lots of things and usually has a few 'trains of thought' going at a time. Some are random words and sounds, some are more complete thoughts and sentences, and some conversations. I have images going though my brain during this also. Many times this is all at once, but other times I control the flow of thoughts to focus or because I need some quiet etc.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes. I'd estimate at least 90% of my conscious thought processes occur this way.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
I am the only one I can have a real conversation with, so of course I do!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Constantly.
I wish I could make the fucker shut up.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't talk to myself..I'm just talking normal style in my head the same as I would outloud it sounds exactly the same..except I don't talk outloud a whole lot but inside there it's constant chatter.