• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What on earth is going on with Mel Gibson?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He's ranting AGAIN??

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fe! The devil! Fi! The devil!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The "third rant". This is sort of becoming like scripture.

Anyway, say all the bad things about him you want, he absolutely must be given a film role as a dastardly villain.

mel-gibson.jpg

mel-gibson-with-evil-mustache.jpg

I'm tempted to think he's been possessed, or swayed by the ring of power, or something....

KDude

Well, I could only listen a quarter of a way.

He sounds like a gazillion pissed off boyfriends, but it's disturbing if you take his past in account. I think he used to be a lowkey Catholic family man... and had a good sense of humor. He wasn't one of those people you expected to see so much instability from. And despite his flair for violence or action movies, I think he's a legitimate artist, and made a few good movies (I mean, as a director. Apocalypto, Braveheart.. even the Passion, controversial as it is, is meticulously done). So it's weird that a guy who has that history could sound like that. Yet, it sounds like he's not simply pissed so much as he is in pain.. that's why I couldn't listen. There's more to his losses than this Oksana woman. He's probably cut off from his past family too. The only problem is he consistently acts like he's a "victim" or something.. We'll probably hear more rants if he keeps thinking that. Yay

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I just can't get to the end of these things. They drain me

He is emotionally disturbed .

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I heard he was running around in a fake nose and ridiculous bushy mustache.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Dang, you broke him. He was fine when he left here.

Is he married? Maybe he's trying to be as big an asshole as possible to drive her away, thus shaving a few million off his divorce payout.

(he says, like he knows anything at all about American divorce legislature)

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I can't help thinking about Britney Spears.

Was she insane and the press just happened to catch it?
Or was the press always there probing into her personal life at every turn and thus making her insane?.

When something like this goes down.. Do any of us have an idea of what it feels like to have the whole world watching and laughing?

Despite him being a raving lunatic, I feel kind of bad for him. He is an obvious emotional wreck and I can empathize at least with that aspect.

KDude

I can't help thinking about Britney Spears.

Was she insane and the press just happened to catch it?
Or was the press always there probing into her personal life at every turn and thus making her insane..

When something like this goes down.. Do any of us have an idea of what it feels like to have the whole world watching and laughing?

Despite him being raving lunatic, I feel kind of bad for him. He is an obvious emotional wreck and I can empathize at least with that aspect.

Reminds me of a story where someone I knew was in an office building (in southern Texas), standing in the elevator next to a fairly inconspicuous older man.. and he looked twice, and it was Anthony Hopkins. So he asked him what he was doing there.. He said he just liked the city or something casual like that.

That's just funny to me though. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but my point is, I bet being famous kind of sucks - that's not a normal outlet for escape. To just fly to a completely lame city like mine and ride in elevators in random office buildings. :holy: Of course, I'm reading a lot into it. Maybe he was visiting someone. But I like to think of it this way. It's funnier.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In a lot of his film roles, you have the feeling of someone who is a bit on the verge of going over the edge - it is part of the appeal to his character - Mad Max, Lethal Weapon, The Patriot and Braveheart. The difference in the movies is that it's in a good way or at least in a way that entertains us.

The recording somehow reminded me of the healthy and unhealthy extremes of the Enneagram when I heard it.

KDude

Typology wise, it's strange that some sites typed him as an INFJ. When what he sounds like is a drunk, paranoid inferior Ni. :thinking:

I've gotten mad in relationships, but not like that. It actually sounds like Oksana is the IF, if anything. I wonder if his ex-wife was the same, and somehow balanced his behavior at one point where he came off as an INFJ in some way (I can't recall any time that he ever did, but I wasn't exactly paying attention either). In Socionics, that's what duals do at least.

Anyways, I don't actually like analyzing celebrities.. It's not like we can help them (I can't at least). :blush:

E

Epiphany

[YOUTUBE="p9ge02eybjY"]Christian Bale vs Mel Gibson[/YOUTUBE]

Cheshire Grin

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
^that's hilarious :D

I agree with KDude and Arclight on this one. Something else must be going down. Absolutely loved some of his movies though, there's this kind of rawness and broken strength to his acting (like a man who's been broken apart and stuck back together and all the sharp edges are sticking out and you can see the wounds). The emotion in his phonecalls made me think of theatre productions...he'd also be great in a radio drama.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh Mel, not again.

Mel Gibson Rage Recording in Costa Rica (Audio)

What is happening to him? Are we watching this man fall apart at the seams? I don't get it...???

My suspicion is that he must've always had some degree of instability, and that it's possibly worsened over time without consistent treatment.
Other guesses friends have made are that he's always been unstable, he's just caring less about his outbursts over time because he's rich, famous, and already fucked enough. Similar to a few other odd celebrities in that age bracket.

Who knows.

Actually this rant is similar to my mother's unstable outbursts, though she attempts to subdue them when certain people are present. He has a lot more freedom, in that environment, in the moment, maybe. (unless someone tapes him, ofc)

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's starting to remind me of Charlie Sheen.

Mole

Permabanned
We live in the Attention Economy. And celebrities are rich in attention. But it is our fault because we pay them attention, when we should be paying attention to one another.

But we don't know how to pay attention to one another. We only know how to worship celebrities and give them our most valuable possession, our attention.