• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Worst Age To Have Been (For You)

What has been the worst age to be alive for you (so far)?

• Total voters

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
6th grade--being called fat and ugly to my face over and over, and having a girl pull a handful of my hair out. And my only two friends were always fighting with each other of ditching me.

This makes my heart hurt. :cry: (((hugs)))

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
None of the options really fit, my life has been up and down so much I don't think its possible for me to even pick a best year, or a worst year.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
My whole life has been a blur of disappointment so far. I'm only 24 now but I voted 71-80 because that's when it's all going to hit home.

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Golly, I haven't experienced much of life either, but so far I'd go with 14. I was really bitter then. It started a little before that actually, when I had just graduated from junior high, but it continued for the rest of the year.

After 6th grade, I went to a different school for 7th and 8th. I was a shy kid. But I graduated as the class Valedictorian, and developed a bit more self-confidence, self-esteem, and got rid of some of the shyness (not even close to where I am now, but it started things for me.) I even gave a speech at the graduation ceremony, but it wasn't too bad, because there were only a couple hundred people there. There were jokes, and people paid attention to what I was saying. I saw myself doing things I never knew I could that year, getting involved in all sorts of school things. That night was great.

After the graduation ceremony, friends were getting together to have pictures taken. Some of my family members got into a huge shouting match after a while, and I had to leave abruptly. My step-grandfather, an asshole, dismantled the cable for my uncle's room so that he could not go on the Internet or watch TV. The three of us, along with my grandma, have been living together for a little over a decade, but those two never got along.

Well, I shared my uncle's room. I was on the receiving end of someone else's rage. I had been on Cloud Nine that night, everything was going right, I looked at the past two years and I knew I had become a different person then...but I couldn't get over the fact that I had been wronged.

And what I hated more than anything, was that I just had to take it. Maybe I was born with something of a defiant spirit (not trying to be grandiose or anything), but I know for sure that I always questioned and challenged things. At the time, I hadn't yet learned to accept some parts of reality and life. I learned principles well, and this made me rational, yet also a tad judgmental, idealistic, and naive.

I spent the year fighting the world in my mind, wondering why the world was the way it was. It wasn't clicking with my vision of things, where jerks get the girls, people get away with crime, everything I thought I could trust was fake (schools and their PR thing, as an example.) I hit a terrible emotional low, but it was then I trained myself to get insight into other people and things, and I finally comprehended that some members of my family are abusive, that my mom is controlling and uses men for money, teachers turned out to incompetent...there was this one time where my sensei for Japanese class said she would give me an A on a homework assignment if I told her I lied about turning it on time, among other teachers who tried to get away with passive aggressive things. Corrupt politicians/people in power, people abusing children and animals, cliques and narrow-minded/intolerant people inside and outside of school, people taking advantage of others and the "system," realizing my Bible teacher at my previous school had been teaching me ridiculous/evil principles and I had bought it, and there are millions of things wrong, I could go on and on.

I hadn't let go of my own being wronged, so I turned to EVERYTHING that was wrong. I couldn't handle that either. Arguing with my step-grandfather was pointless; he didn't listen, tried to coax me into believing that I was making a big fuss over nothing, even calling me delusional. He doesn't understand that you don't hurt someone else in a fit of rage, and I didn't appreciate that he instigated the fight during my graduation. I doubted that I could be a good person. Justice had been and has been failing, and all I could do was sit. It was the time I developed a voice for myself, and I couldn't do anything.

That's the gist of it. I had become a little more aware of the world around me. It wasn't until junior year at a different school that I left justice alone.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So far, its ages 11-15, for social/school-related reasons.

As much as I hate the idea of getting older as someone with a bit of a Peter Pan complex, my young adult years haven't been nearly as bad as middle/high school.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Worst
10-12. Oh my word, what a brat I was. I was still throwing tantrums in this age bracket. I made threats at my mom, I screamed when I didn't get what I want. I would go through indecisive spells that would suddenly ruin a perfect good time. My mom was also insulting me constantly and I hated it. I remember my mom wanted to go bowling one day, and I was very happy to go. The thing is, I wasn't very good at it, but it was still something I really liked to do. I wasn't having the best of luck in bowling that day, and because of this, my mom decided that I was purposely ruining a good day. When nope, it was all her. She'd also get mad when I didn't play Wii games after school right away(like Just Dance) cause I was a bit tired and my dad would have to vouch for me. She also didn't care at all about my fears, when I was feeling shy or when she lit a lighter in front of me and had an angry face and it was like fire shadowing a demon. Also her trying to release my cat into my wild, and her trying to take me from my dad to an unknown location in the middle of the night and me whining, "I'm tired.", so we could stay. She called her own child mean, which isn't even inaccurate for the time period but still kinda shocking. She was also homophobic, and I remember her pushing me on the ground and then saying I was faking it. Sometimes, I wonder if I was. I also had a bully at the time, who was kinda hilarious looking back but she'd disturb me during drama class and said I wasn't prissy enough and also that everyone hated me. My grades were slipping, and my best friend decided to ditch me one day because I called her a bitch when she spilled some paint on my skateboard. That was really surprising, I can see getting mad but to just ditch me for that one thing and to admit to wanting to hang out with another friend instead that you didn't like? Wow. Funny thing is too, the ditch was months after this incident happened, and I was perfectly nice to her after that. Wish I didn't act like that, I legit just felt like swearing that day. She eventually came back, but yeah. This ditch had me looking for friends, I did have a few people that I'd sit with but they weren't genuine. There was one girl that was like Heather Chandler/Regina George, I was always following her but we weren't actually friends(and like Cady, I could help with math). I think people just thought socially I was very, very dumb. Don't forget the half-assed attempt suicide attempt, too. There were some decent moments, I remember playing on my DSI all the time and watching goofy YouTube videos and getting into my fandoms and drawing/writing, but overall just a painful time. 16 is another one, my depression was at an all time peak. Normally my relationship with my dad and stepmom is very good, but I think I was more snappy with them because of this depression. My depression doesn't make me that hostile anymore, but it's probably cause I've matured. I also didn't take care of myself very good because of this depression, and my stepmom pointed this out and that embarrassed me a bit. I was struggling with school more than ever, which I think was cause of depression too, no concentration. I had been at my new school a year at this point, and I liked it the first year but the second year I was starting to feel more and more lonely. I had one friend, but they had a lot of other friends so it's not like I was first priority. Also, too many body issues. At least I saw a bloody therapist. What a ride.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I selected 21-30. My 20s were almost entirely awful. In retrospect it's amazing that I survived at all. At least things seem to be getting a little better now.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I voted 11-20, but realistically, also should've voted 71-80 like the one clever person on this thread. If I live that long, that period will likely not be great considering my families tendency for dementia. These days aren't always fantastic, but they're better than days I was rather deluded.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I'd rather be 71-80, at least I'd know that I would probably die soon.

Pikaqiu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Not really old enough to compare my older ages, but currently 21 is the worst year for me so far, not knowing whether I can get accepted for my uni, or should I get a job in the meantime. Not knowing what would I do in the future, is like navigating in a fog that will never end.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My preteen years were the worst in my life, and my life has only gotten better as time has gone on.