• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe: Another AWESOME Theory!

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Wow!

There are so many theories going around about Fe these days. :) For example:

No one is born with functioning Fe - cultural ideas about socially appropriate behaviour have to be internalised over time.

I totally disagree with it.

What do YOU think about it?

Last edited by a moderator:

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Is any of the functions functioning when you are born? Or maybe the functions might be working already but don't have parameters to work with. I don't think that Fe is unique in this sense...

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Fe is not a function but F is and you are born with it according to theory. It's just another way of coming to a rational decision simply based on different parameters to logic and no it doesn't necessarily include making people happy or in fact any reference to social expectations.

You ever notice that a T will have more knowledge generally of principles and an F similarly with values. It's learned imho.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
Wow!

There are so many theories going around about Fe these days. :) For example:

I totally disagree with it.

What do YOU think about it?

Can you please this time make a sufficient argument so people take this thread serious?

It so easy to just make a 5 line thread and let others do the thinking for you. Put some effort in to it. This is what the forum is about, typology, so please make a sufficient thread so people can figure out if this is just baiting or a serious thread.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Can you please this time make a sufficient argument so people take this thread serious?

It so easy to just make a 5 line thread and let others do the thinking for you. Put some effort in to it. This is what the forum is about, typology, so please make a sufficient thread so people can figure out if this is just baiting or a serious thread.
You know some people let the listener do some work to understand the point right? In some countries it's par for the course.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
You know some people let the listener do some work to understand the point right? In some countries it's par for the course.

The problem here is that theres nothing to work with. Or am I missing something?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
The problem here is that theres nothing to work with. Or am I missing something?
Well it's an extrovert asking your opinion. Possibly means they're looking for feedback and a discussion of the various aspects. Maybe even just for fun. It could be Wonka hasn't actually made a firm decision on the subject matter and wants to see how others react to it as some kind of test. Perhaps he's bored and just found it interesting? Perhaps he does want to provoke people to get more interesting discussions cause the dry stuff which many Ts fire off is too boring and prevalent here? Perhaps it's a mistake and he's not willing to take it back cause of pride? Perhaps he's just a complete wonka and should be ignored?

Who wants certainty? It only leads you to complacence and incompetence. Join the melee!!!!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...So that guy thinks that Fe is an inborn sociological knowledge? That's not what Fe is at all. The "socially appropriate" thing I think is just having F and J preferences. F- being sensitive to other's feelings when it's funneled toward, well, people. J- planning ahead, mentally preparing before doing. So combine those two and viola! You have stereotypical Fe.

The F functions basically judge stuff based on importance to the individual. Fi is subjective, while Fe is the objective version of this. Fi is personalized; and with Ne or Se feeding it you get a personal value system that you judge things by based on experience and introspection (essentially). With Fe, they have Ni or Si with it. So they cover all of the (known) bases when making ethical decisions and judgments of importance; and apply this to all of the people involved. This could be seen as "society's rules" because they may see that this involves many, many people and not just the ones in the discussions.

That's how I see it at least. The people on this forum make me laugh sometimes. :)

redacted

Is any of the functions functioning when you are born? Or maybe the functions might be working already but don't have parameters to work with. I don't think that Fe is unique in this sense...

The bolded is the answer.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, I think it's highly unethical that a Mod took it upon herself to rewrite my original fucking post!

But ....well, it's not really that surprising. :shrug:

The INTP bias is incredible here.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

Don't be so lame and mean slowriot :eek:uch:

Anyways, I agree with the sentence that Evan highlighted (I believe nolla posted it?) entirely.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I think it's highly unethical that a Mod took it upon herself to rewrite my original fucking post!

I just removed the flames and left the content.
There wasn't much of it there.
Next time, I'll try a different approach, but you'll like it even less.

But ....well, it's not really that surprising. :shrug:
The INTP bias is incredible here.

Bias for or against?

So what's your beef with the statement you bothered to quote here? Is Fe defined incorrectly, leading to false conclusions, or what exactly?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
What about my awesome theory that the extraverted judging functions were created by Satan to defeat Jesus?

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
What about my awesome theory that the extraverted judging functions were created by Satan to defeat Jesus?

Well, first Fe was "fake", then it was the source of all LYING, so we might as well take it that next little step and call it the "Satanic function." ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What the hell do you think?

I have no clue, since you (an INTP) were moderated by another INTP.

Ne belongs to Satan? Damn. That must be why it's so much fun to use.