• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How are you eccentric?

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suppose I am kind of nerdy and a little awkward and rough around the edges. I think the way I move, or my lack of coordination (frequent bumping into things), can make me seem eccentric. I think the way I say things sounds a bit weird too... then again, I get a little self-conscious, so I think that has a lot to do with it.

Perhaps some of the music I am into might be considered eccentric. Maybe my sense of humor can be that way too. I can have a pretty warped and dry sense of humor.

awwsha

MBTI Type
ESFP
People tell me I am weird a lot.

I have learned to distinguish the difference between the "oh..wow..you're weird" and the affectionate "you're weird".

I dress eccentrically. I have to constantly be told this. I make it work for me though I guess. I cant wear a t-shirt and jeans if I try.

I also say some really randomly odd things sometimes. I just tend to get this kind of look ----> :shock:

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
I've been called quirky, almost eccentric, but not quite. This has been phasing lately as people have become more accepting/less focused on social lives and more on their futures (in other words more mature).

Still, that just means I need to start pushing it :p

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
OK, I really like the sound puppies make when you kick them. And I think most mental illnesses shouldn't be cured.

Those are probably the two most eccentric things about me.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Somebody called me 'touched' the other day... THAT made me feel bad and seemed so much worse than 'eccentric' and I don't even know what I did to get the label.. however, I come on here and feel in good company so... thanks :D

Mole

Permabanned
Somebody called me 'touched' the other day... THAT made me feel bad and seemed so much worse than 'eccentric' and I don't even know what I did to get the label.. however, I come on here and feel in good company so... thanks :D

'Touched' means touched by God as it was thought that mental illness was a sign from God. And God touched the person, and this made them holy, and most important, gave them some protection.

Today we protect the mentally ill with a diagnosis from a psychiatrist, while then they protected the mentally ill with a touch from God, hence they were 'touched'.

And being 'touched' they were receiving haptic protection from God. Those suffering mental illness received protection from the Hand of God

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
People have been calling me eccentric, however people seem to find me more normal now that I'm in college. So now I'm trying to be even more eccentric, so people won't think I'm normal. There are enough normal people in this world.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Everyone I know calls me eccentric, especially those closest to me. They find my eccentricities endearing and interesting, for some unknown reason. I do things that are extremely odd to most people -- but, I do it in a way were I poke fun at myself.

I must always be on the left of everything I do -- not a compulsion, just more of a person preference. I tend to make random connections in conversations, so it can be difficult to follow at times. I say or do things that the people I'm closest to find "funny"...but not in a ha, ha, ha sense more of O__________o

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't have to be, I'm just eclectic.