• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Revenge isn't always bad, right?

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What do you guys think? I feel that sometimes revenge can teach people a lesson.

I remember seeing a guy on the other side of the road driving crazy, running through red lights, so I honked at and gave him a dirty look. He flipped around and caught up with me 3 blocks later, rolled his window down and called me a stupid f*cking gook, and hawked a loogie towards my car. He looked like a crazy dude high on meth. It freaked me out! It definitely taught me a lesson...dont mess with people on the road, they could be psycho! Havnt done anything like that since.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
There is a proverb that says:

If you go on the journey of revenge. Dig two graves.

Revenge might feel good.. but if you have a conscience it will destroy your soul.

Instead forgive them and kill them with kindness and compassion.
Not always easy, but I have seen it work.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I think that's really more of a natural consequence of poorly thought out actions than actual revenge. ::muse:: You got a natural reaction from a crazy dude. (I don't blame you for feeling so frustrated, for sure)

Revenge, I think, is usually reserved for something really insidious or cruel or life-altering, and it's fairly calculated, I think. I think revenge is about hurting the other person back to gain some peace for yourself.

If you're the one acted upon, I'm sure you can learn from it; people can chose to learn from just about anything. There's always a lesson, if you look for it.

If you're the one acting out of revenge with the supposed purpose of teaching someone a lesson, you can be sure that if they can't be calmly reasoned with in a way that irons things out, they're likely not going to learn much from violence, either. Nine times out of ten, I think returning violence with violence just serves to escalate foolishness.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I don't believe in revenge. I believe in moral highground and building peace one peace gesture at a time.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I don't necessarily believe in revenge...

But I do believe that there is a balance in the universe. Karma is a bitch and she will definitely get back at those who have done people wrong. If someone does an action against me, I will repay them if the opportunity presents, but I won't go out of my way to do so.