• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

how do you take this?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
"The woman's evil, she told me she hates me"

I take it as the person saying that as insecure and because the woman doesn't like said person has automatically catagorized the woman as a bad person because their personalities clash. and a really immature thing to say.

wolfy

awsm
I take it as an emotional response. Hate is a pretty strong word to use also. Both seem pretty emotionally driven, neither are really in the clear as far as I am concerned.

If it was up to me I'd send them both to their room.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
well basically my mom's threaten a divorce from my dad because he's friends with this woman nothing more. and their personalities clash. the other part is the woman's husband just died who my dad was also good friends with and my dad's helping with some funeral stuff. it's complicated i don't fully understand it. I don't know if the woman said she hated my mom or if my mom took something she said the wrong way and assumed that's what was meant (something my mom often does)

wolfy

awsm
Difficult situation. I suppose you could check to see if there was a miscommunication. That is all I can see that you can do.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
sorry I just didn't think a divorce would bother me after I was moved out.

wolfy

awsm
It always bothers you. I was twenty when my parents got divorced. But having said that talking is not the same as doing and people will say lots of things in the heat of the moment.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
no my mom seems serious this time. she's never said "i'm more than likely going to divorce your dad." it's always been "i should threaten divorce but i don't think i can follow through."

wolfy

awsm
Yeah, all you can really do is see if there is a miscommunication. I don't know what else, I hope it works out.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
well, if your dad is just helping with funeral stuff, hopefully those duties will end soon. one would imagine he is doing it out of respect/appreciation for his deceased friend as much as for the woman. i think it's important that funeral rites are attended to and it's a favor for someone you liked in life. even if my significant other did not like the person, i would feel a desire to help with the funeral stuff. but i can also see how it would be frustrating to be that significant other and see your loved one spending lots of time with someone you don't like and who shows animosity towards you, especially with her being alone and needy. that would be upsetting.

what i mean by all of this, is that it sounds like he is fulfilling the duties of a friend and hopefully once the funeral period is over your parents' relationship can get back to normal.

but if she has been thinking about divorce for a long time then maybe this event will push her one way or the other.