• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

interesting life vs interesting mind in others

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
An interesting mind is more important. If you're open to doing things, if you've got a sense of humor, if your mind is sharp.. but you live a basic, routine life, that's fine, because we have a world of things to experience together.

What gives an interesting life appeal is whether of not you're in good company. I know people that have the opportunity, due to finances, to lead seemingly interesting lives on paper (or nowadays, on Facebook), but they're just not that interesting themselves.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
I need to look at your question differently, otherwise I can't answer it.

I'm drawn to a person's charisma, and that makes me curious about
their past experiences. It is the only reason why I would ever dig into
someone's past. I do it because I want to understand why and how
they came to possess their present charisma, to further understand and
evolve myself. Because I cannot grow by only reflecting on my own past.

G

Glycerine

When you find both in one person... it can be orgasmic. haha

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Mind, definitely. If someone has done interesting things, he or she might have interesting thoughts about them. But even in that case, I`d be more interested in their thoughts and ideas and insights, and how the experiences affected who they are and how they think, than in the details of the experiences themselves.

I assume most people are more interested in things that have happened in your life than in your thoughts, so most of my talk tends to be about that. I haven`t had good reactions in the past talking about my ideas.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Definitely the mind, although having common interests usually falls under mind category for me also.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
An interesting mind could make a trip to the grocery store fascinating whereas just an interesting life does not amount to great/intriguing speaker/motivator/conversation piece. Life is what happens to you, your mind is what you create yourself. :D And self-creation is sexy.

Mind.

Knowing another's experience is only good to me to the extent that it helps me deeper understand the mind. Otherwise, I couldn't care less. Interesting experience (at least what I consider interesting) will produce an interesting mind anyway. Couldn't care less if the person spends hours a day watching paint dry - like Rebe said, interesting mind will make it interesting.

PotatoPeeler68

MBTI Type
INFP
Of course, similar interests/interesting mind is much more important. However, the experiences
people have had can shape your relationship sometimes, but it doesn't have to be "interesting",
just helps to shape.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What a person chooses for their life is a reflection of their mind. This cannot be completely separated.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting life. Most minds have little to offer.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't believe that you can have one without the other.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A person believes they have an interesting mind if they think like them. :dry:

Although someone who does interesting things is someone who has developed further than the mind to go beyond the mundane.

So a person doing interesting things.

So different that I begun page 4. :cool:

[MENTION=7595]INTP[/MENTION] you've been waiting for my answer huh? :blush:

If people need an interesting minded person to boost their life, doesn't that tell something about themselves?

Where as one with the well developed and grown mind can learn much more from observing the interesting man or woman who does what is incredible and can analyze and interpret and come to understand.

Where is new information obtained? From those who approach things differently.

People thinking: Forever why are you such a dick?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Bit of column A & B *hand wave*? :shrug:

I see no exclusivity here (common observation annoyance incoming...)