• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Woman Discovers Location of Corpse In Her Dream

E

Epiphany

What do you think about this? In her dream, she saw the location of a dead girl's body. When the police investigated the area, they found the corpse of a different woman. How is it that the woman received this revelation? Does the fact that the victim was not the one in her dream invalidate the possibility that she has some psychic ability? Do you think she had some involvement or prior knowledge of the incident which left the victim in this location?

[YOUTUBE="YDhw25yOs4k"]Australia psychic finds lost body[/YOUTUBE]

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most people will think that she had some involvement. I think she is psychic. Revelations often have the details mixed up. That's what leads the skeptics to think there's nothing to it.

E

Epiphany

Most people will think that she had some involvement. I think she is psychic. Revelations often have the details mixed up. That's what leads the skeptics to think there's nothing to it.

Yeah, like Nostrodamus' Hister (Hitler) prophecy.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP

Agreed. The first reaction is to think she knows who committed the murder...

My mother has done this sort of thing several times. She once had a dream in which her father said 'Joyce, come here, I need you'. When she called, he had just been admitted to the hospital. My sister had a dream where my father told her 'Don't worry, everything will be alright'. He died suddenly the next day.
I can't put these events in the catagory of random chance. There is something going on here that cannot be rationally explained.

E

Epiphany

Considering that science acknowledges that human beings generally only use a portion of their overall brain capacity, I think it is narrowminded to assume that psychic abilities and other such phenomena are not feasible.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
That's weird...

However, I highly doubt she has super special powers and it was probably planned and everything.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
dream dimension overlaying the material one?

Very strange coincidence?

Ni?

Reptilians?

E

Epiphany

That's weird...

However, I highly doubt she has super special powers and it was probably planned and everything.

Interesting. If it was planned, what did she gain by going to the police and possibly incriminating herself? If it was for publicity, why would she get the victim wrong?

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Interesting. If it was planned, what did she gain by going to the police and possibly incriminating herself? If it was for publicity, why would she get the victim wrong?

maybe she's really good at her p-p-poker face and conjured up a decent argument along with just enough inconsistencies to make it believable enough because she's really smart and bored?

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

For attention... to be famous and all...

E

Epiphany

maybe she's really good at her p-p-poker face and conjured up a decent argument along with just enough inconsistencies to make it believable enough because she's really smart and bored?

Well...it certainly won't make her rich or convince the skeptics.

For attention... to be famous and all...

I doubt you will hear her name again after this incident.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, like Nostrodamus' Hister (Hitler) prophecy.

Hister is Latin for the Danube river. It has nothing to do with Hitler.

So far that lady is way ahead of Nostradamus with her psychic abilities.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
or maybe there was nothing at tv and she couldn't decide between going to the bingo and watch a movie, so she decided "Hey! Why not make the whole world think I'm psychic? :D"

E

Epiphany

I think I already posted this video in the forum, but it's worth posting again because it's just that AMAZING!!!

[YOUTUBE="mlRK-DtcqC0"]Psychic Detective[/YOUTUBE]

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Considering that science acknowledges that human beings generally only use a portion of their overall brain capacity, I think it is narrowminded to assume that psychic abilities and other such phenomena are not feasible.

Humans use only a portion of their brain at any given time. However it is fully utilized during the course of our lives. Its one of those scientific statements that have been misconstrued by laymen to mean something completely different from its original meaning.

KDude

I had a dream months before 9/11 where I saw an airliner flying low overhead, while walking in the streets of an urban/skyrise area (that resembled NYC). I remember images of others in the dream who were kind of as shocked as I was, looking up as it went by.

Of course, there's probably a million people who have said that, and I should be disbelieved. I would not believe me. My usual, conscious manner of behavior is skeptical...and there's no reason why some random person like myself should have that dream. Especially since I didn't have the means to do anything about it, and barely remembered it. You'd think the powers-that-be that would show things like that in advance would have given the duty to someone more responsible.

I did hear one interesting suggestion by another person with a similar dream (and she said there were others who experienced it).. she suggested that the event caused such a ripple in time that the future echoed back into the present, and that those with even a slight awareness/clairvoyance would have sensed it :huh:

Anyways, as for the woman in the original post, I don't know. Maybe the same weird rippling effect is at work even in small events..and that some very attuned, psychic people are sensitive to those. I don't even know what to think about the things I experience myself, so I'm not a good judge.. I got in trouble before for speaking about my experiences (besides the stuff I mentioned above), so I've disciplined myself with skepticism now. I kind of want to be as grounded as possible, and shoot things down these days. :p

I think I already posted this video in the forum, but it's worth posting again because it's just that AMAZING!!!

Funny how much he tries to kill their enthusiasm.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Email requesting winning lottery numbers dispatched.

Countdown until someone misuses the word quantum in this thread.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I agree with you, she's open to receiving and processing stimuli that other people deny exists. This does not seem beyond possibility to me at all. There is alot of energy in this world that most people are oblivious to, because they are too fixated on their Blackberries, iPod's, DCroid phones, and other crap.

Considering the small amount of understanding the medical community has regarding the overall functionality of the human brain, I'd venture to say there's quite a few things we're completely unaware of.

Also, it seems like most people think psychic ability is this "on all the time" ability. Isn't it possible that it could be situational? Maybe the right things happened at the right time to allow this woman to perceive the meaning of the energy she was exposed to, and make sense of it as she did?

Also, different people experience things in different ways. I'm a bit schizotypal, and although I am a Sensor, and a hard and fast rabid observer of facts in my environment, once I lock onto them they start getting put together in strange ways. I also have very sensitive hearing. I hear things most others don't. Alot of times I ask people "What is that sound? That frequency? Do you hear it?" Maybe psychic phenomena are dependent on not only being able to "perceive" these stimuli, but also being able to put them together and make meaning of them. Without both abilities you only get half the picture, and thus none of the effect...

Interesting stuff.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Countdown until someone misuses the word quantum in this thread.

I'll nip that in the bud! :nerd:

Quantum | Define Quantum at Dictionary.com

quan·tum
/ˈkwɒntəm/ Show Spelled [kwon-tuhm] Show IPA noun, plural -ta  /-tə/ Show Spelled[-tuh] Show IPA, adjective

–noun
1. quantity or amount: the least quantum of evidence.
2. a particular amount.
3. a share or portion.
4. a large quantity; bulk.
5. Physics .
a. the smallest quantity of radiant energy, equal to Planck's constant times the frequency of the associated radiation.
b. the fundamental unit of a quantized physical magnitude, as angular momentum.

–adjective
6. sudden and significant: a quantum increase in productivity.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The difference in opinions will count for the differences of those who believe in the metaphysical and those who disbelieve in it. Each will come with his own theory of how this would have happened.
One must dwell into deeper knowledge to realise truth.