• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Heuristics and Biases:The Psychology of Intuitive Judgment

ygolo

My termites win
Heuristics and Biases:The Psychology of Intuitive Judgment

Anyone ever heard of this book?

What about the book called Blink:The Power of Thinking Without Thinking?

The basic idea, is that human intuition is sometimes better, sometimes worse, than explicit methods of forming judgments.

Blink showed some stark examples of when experts were better than the use of explicit methods, and some stark failures.

I am hoping Heuristics and Biases will do the same. However, considering the economics/psychology background of the researchers, I am guessing the authors will decidedly reveal many more failings than successes of human judgment (the researchers in these fields are biased :D that way).

What do people think about the use of intuition? I am using "intuition" in the broader sense of the word, not Ni or Ne per say. I am sure there are many SP's that will rightly believe themselves to be more "intuitive" than many NT's.