• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hot and Cool

Mole

Permabanned
A hot medium requires firefighters to control the flaming.

While a cool medium requires no firefighters at all.

Typology Central is a hot medium and so we have firefighters, called moderators, on duty at all times.

But when I speak to you on the telephone, there is not one moderator present. Yes, the telephone is a cool medium that needs no firefighters at all.

And yes, in popular culture 'hot' means 'sexy' and 'cool' means 'good'.

So in popular terms, Typology Central is sexy and the telephone is good.

And there is no point asking whether you are good or sexy, for almost everyone here is sexy - we can barely resist flaming one another.

But without the flamers there would be no moderators. They feed off each other like prey and predator in nature.

It's called Systems Theory or Cybernetics where everything is related to everything else, just like the flamers and the moderators.

G

Ginkgo

hotness ~ sexy ~ psychosexual desires ~ redirected by flaming ~ hotness

coldness ~ sexually neutral ~ stoicism ~ sober moderation ~ coldness

Two parts of the same whole.

There isn't really a point. Just translating I guess.

bcvcdc

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTx
The way you write is hot, Victor. Shall we call in the firefighters or do you think maybe you could try your hand at writing a cooler post.

Mole

Permabanned
Cool

The way you write is hot, Victor. Shall we call in the firefighters or do you think maybe you could try your hand at writing a cooler post.

I beg you to talk to me on the telephone for I enjoy a nice cool conversation with you.

Talking on the telephone is like diving into a cool pool and finding we are both in there together. We splash about a little. We dive under. We even swim a few laps and play water ball. And when we have finished we emerge dripping and happy, relaxed and refreshed.

That's why I can't resist talking with you.

G

Ginkgo

I beg you to talk to me on the telephone for I enjoy a nice cool conversation with you.

Talking on the telephone is like diving into a cool pool and finding we are both in there together. We splash about a little. We dive under. We even swim a few laps and play water ball. And when we have finished we emerge dripping and happy, relaxed and refreshed.

That's why I can't resist talking with you.

No no, that sounds pretty *hot*.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
SO.... do you need me to put out a fire or... I'm lost...JK :hug:

Mole

Permabanned
SO.... do you need me to put out a fire or... I'm lost...JK :hug:

In, "Understanding Media", Marshall McLuhan, the patron saint of the internet, gave us the concept of hot and cool media.

And coincidentally, popular culture has given us hot, meaning sexy, and cool, meaning good.

However hot and cool media have nothing to do with hot and cool in popular culture. And even though they both use the same words, they have different meanings.

So I have woven the hot and cool of the media with the hot and cool of popular culture into a braid.

So no wonder you are lost. To find yourself, you would need to untangle the two threads of the braid.

Or you could stay lost and say, "What a lovely braid".

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
In, "Understanding Media", Marshall McLuhan, the patron saint of the internet, gave us the concept of hot and cool media.

And coincidentally, popular culture has given us hot, meaning sexy, and cool, meaning good.

However hot and cool media have nothing to do with hot and cool in popular culture. And even though they both use the same words, they have different meanings.

So I have woven the hot and cool of the media with the hot and cool of popular culture into a braid.

So no wonder you are lost. To find yourself, you would need to untangle the two threads of the braid.

Or you could stay lost and say, "What a lovely braid".

I just said that because I'm a firefighter lol, I got ya ;)