• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Black eyeliner = depression?

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
I love eyeliner, it really brings out my eyes!

then some base, blush, and even some lipstick if I'm feeling feisty ;)

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
no, edahn. there's no connection.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

*TSK*! You drama queen! *snaps Gucci nailed fingers around head*

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
What if the eyeliner is applied, say, around the nostrils? :D

I'm sure that may be useful if you are trying to convince someone that you're a coked out whore. :nice:

(the whole cocaine makes nostrils bigger legend, )

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP

heh, that could point to any number of things. things that might cause the person to eventually be depressed, but depression itself? nah.

now, if the eyeliner pencil is jammed into the temple, then we've got something to work with!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

but no mascara? *gasp* with that blonde hair you'd positively NEED mascara! :horor:

I'm sure that may be useful if you are trying to convince someone that you're a coked out whore.

:cry: and coked out whore's aren't happy?!? but that was what I was aspiring to in live! *whatever now heads off to the career center in hopes of finding a happier job, like becoming a pimp! ;) *

now, if the eyeliner pencil is jammed into the temple, then we've got something to work with!

or in the ear! :shock:

or like purple suggested, in the eye might just lead to a depression that may cause one to kill oneself! :laugh: :emot-emo:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
:cry: and coked out whore's aren't happy?!? but that was what I was aspiring to in live! *whatever now heads off to the career center in hopes of finding a happier job, like becoming a pimp! ;) *

:
I didn't say that, I meant people who weren't coked out whores but pretending to be are lame. but I can't be a whore I'm too picky sadly :( so I have to be a pimp

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
well... if you'll be a nice pimp and give me a good cut of the money I might consider staying with my ambition of becoming a coked out whore... ;)

no pimp slapping me though! :laugh:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pimps = more discerning in their career paths + lots of eyeliner around the nostrils.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
but but but that's my favorite part of being a pimp :cry:

one of the best things about slapping someone is that it doesn't require the other person's permission.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I have this theory that girls who wear black eyeliner on the top and bottom of their eyes either have struggled with depression with their past (and have what I call residual depression) or are currently suffering from depression. There's something tragic that the eyeliner signifies that I think the person identifies with or wants to communicate to others. I'm looking to test my hypothesis.

Do you agree with the generalization made above? If not, is there a tendency towards depression?

Is the generalization too narrow? Does the black eyeliner stand for something else? Attention-seeking? Histrionics? Intensity?

Here's a perfect example from an ex:

View attachment 1152
It is tempting to think that, isn't it? They look emo to me!
The gals and guys who dress all Goth with their eyes all outlined in black certainly LOOK as though they have emotional problems, but no doubt some of them just want us to think that.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It is tempting to think that, isn't it? They look emo to me!
The gals and guys who dress all Goth with their eyes all outlined in black certainly LOOK as though they have emotional problems, but no doubt some of them just want us to think that.

... and then they go home, and pop some " Tiffany" into the cd player, and dance around with their NKOTB posters until their mother calls them for dinner. :D

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
... and then they go home, and pop some " Tiffany" into the cd player, and dance around with their NKOTB posters until their mother calls them for dinner. :D

i'd take that as more of a sign of depression than black anything.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Nose-liner?

trashy.jpg

Notice the eyeliner!!!

Edit: I just noticed they're snorting clothing. Oh well. To each her own.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i'd take that as more of a sign of depression than black anything.

Yeah, I though suppose that if they were really in dire straits, they would be playing Alvin and the Chipmunks over and over. :D

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, I though suppose that if they were really in dire straits, they would be playing Alvin and the Chipmunks over and over. :D

ha!

yeah, really. playing that over and over is clearly a sign of a person in denial about their depression.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Nose-liner?

trashy.jpg

Notice the eyeliner!!!

Edit: I just noticed they're snorting clothing. Oh well. To each her own.

Drawgs == depression also?

I dunno Edahn. I think it might be correlated. I think it's just a cultural commonality. Perhaps people who're prone to depression (or those who think they are) herd. Then all the other things are shared like a needle in a heroin house. Oh... heh... pun.