• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reframing

Mole

Permabanned
I seem to have a nervous tick and it's called reframing.

When I see a picture, I can't help putting it in a new frame.

Of course I think this is clever but I can't help feeling I am having myself on.

This feeling is exacerbated by being told I am off-topic every time I reframe.

It's no good telling them that I am just looking at the topic from a new angle, no, they tell me I am off-topic.

Of course I would like to be topical, but I can't seem to help myself. It's as though I have an itch I need to scratch.

And I confess I would like to be coddled. I would like to be coddled like an egg. Either indulge my nervous tick or help me overcome it.

Surely there is a coddler out there. Someone who will help me hatch. Who knows what is inside the egg. I don't. I keep pecking at the shell with my nervous tick. Surely you can hear me. Yes, rescue me, coddle me. Help me discover my true self. I can't stay locked in this egg forever. Can I?

You're big and strong and powerful - or would you reframe it another way?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
The process of reframing always leads you back to the same topic...

This can be called an agenda.

Mole

Permabanned
The Topic on the Agenda

The process of reframing always leads you back to the same topic...

This can be called an agenda.

Ah, thank you Nebbykoo - I have an agenda.

I've been trying, I've been trying to get my topic on the agenda so finally I will be able to see what my topic is.

I suspect you know what my topic is Nebbykoo. Would you be kind enough to tell us too?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Consider reframing yourself to someone who does not derail...On the other hand don't do that...I am reframing myself and getting used to the old Victor and don't want to go through the fitting process of getting the picture into the new frame. This is because sometimes the corners of the picture get ripped or dogeared and I don't wanna put dog ears on Victor.

In general I love the power of being able to reframe and the mantra "The map is not the world"

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As far as breakfast goes, I prefer my eggs either scrambled with cheese, or sunny-side up for dipping toast.

I also like crispy bacon on the side and a large chewy, crunchy cranberry-orange muffin with large irregular flakes of sugar melted to the top.

Would you like to eat breakfast with me someday soon?

^^^
(This has been my attempt to emulate a reframing of the thread.)

Mole

Permabanned
As far as breakfast goes, I prefer my eggs either scrambled with cheese, or sunny-side up for dipping toast.

I also like crispy bacon on the side and a large chewy, crunchy cranberry-orange muffin with large irregular flakes of sugar melted to the top.

Would you like to eat breakfast with me someday soon?

Ah, you are completely irresistible Jennifer.

I have tried to resist you for so long but I can't resist you for breakfast.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And just wait until the waffles with strawberry puree, large puffs of fresh whipped cream, and powdered sugar sprinkled about...!

Steaming dark coffee with crisply ground beans.
And if I'd share my java, then serious I'd be.

We could look at a book in the nook, if that's what it took.
(I hope you are hooked.)

And you could reframe to heart's content,
with words and breakfast warmly spent.

Is this a reframe,
or just more of the same?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
repetition is boring... predictability is dull... following the same damned pattern every time is a drag

obvious conclusion being that you hate us... otherwise you'd drop it :sleeping: