• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Controling people with my mind

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Is that actually possible. Ok let's just start from here: I know I'm quiet unhealthy person atm. But I get the feeling sometimes that I can sometimes purposely but most of the time unpurposely control people with my mind. Sometimes when I think of something, people around me seem to be picking up on that subject even if I never said anything. For example I can think of a friend far away, and when I check my mobile I've got a message that says something that I was actually thinking about (not the exact words I used in my head) and It was sent at the same time I was thinking about it. Is that simple coincidence or is it the fact that people I meet seem to understand how I function right away and can predict my every move? Do I have a telepathic connection to people without even knowing it?

Well I know that some ENFP's seem to have this to INFJ's and I kind of understood that. But this has just got out of my hands, and its not cute anymore. It's a bit painful that people seem to understand u so easily and u try to understand how they could have understood you.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
It's self-delusion.

You can't manipulate external events with your mind; you're simply configuring internal interpretation.

That is to say, it's all in your head, bud. You're confusing connection with coincidence. If this becomes invasive or difficult to put aside, you might want to consider professional treatment.

Best of luck.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
and I shall agree with TG and Night... no es posible :cheese:

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Even if you had psychic powers, they wouldn't be controlling people. You wouldn't actually control people, just anticipate their responses and reactions.

Hey, maybe you could tell me what my questions will be on tomorrow's exam?

P.S. The answer to your question: no.

Last edited:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Deja vu on repeat.

The arrogance/ignorance on some people lolz

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
For you it might be a matter of body language.

I've had the feeling that I've influenced events by thinking at them hard enough, especially when it came to things being cancelled due to random unfortunate events, and have had the feeling that I killed famous people by mentioning them disparagingly...

You've just got to stop thinking it. Even if it doesn't get you sent to a crazy house, it does end up making you very superstitious.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is that actually possible. Ok let's just start from here: I know I'm quiet unhealthy person atm. But I get the feeling sometimes that I can sometimes purposely but most of the time unpurposely control people with my mind. Sometimes when I think of something, people around me seem to be picking up on that subject even if I never said anything. For example I can think of a friend far away, and when I check my mobile I've got a message that says something that I was actually thinking about (not the exact words I used in my head) and It was sent at the same time I was thinking about it. Is that simple coincidence or is it the fact that people I meet seem to understand how I function right away and can predict my every move? Do I have a telepathic connection to people without even knowing it?

Well I know that some ENFP's seem to have this to INFJ's and I kind of understood that. But this has just got out of my hands, and its not cute anymore. It's a bit painful that people seem to understand u so easily and u try to understand how they could have understood you.

Sorry, that's just me controlling you into thinking you control other people.

PS: I agree with what's been said by other posters. :p

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
You can "control" people with your mind to a tiny degree but not in the manner you're speaking of. What you think effects your behavior and there is a pattern to the reactions this gets from others to the extent that one learns to think/do certain things for certain outcomes, including other people. This is known as emotional manipulation and it's so widespread that most of the time it goes unnoticed.

The composition of thought (cause) and desired outcome (effect) is your persona which also follows a pattern (we often try to reduce this down to simpler preferences like MBTI but it really cannot be simplified). Over time the pattern of your persona will result in a pattern of results which becomes familiar to you (expectations)

So to answer your question, the reason you believe you can control what happens is because you recognize the patterned result of your own behavior and falsely attribute this to your expectations. Although self-awareness and self-control are good things, it's healthy to realize that you and your mind are a part of reality rather than in control of any of it, you are dictated by truth and not the dictator thereof.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Make an experiment for yourself:

Try to sway a conversation or a person's actions by thinking about something. Count every success AND every failure.
I think you'll be surprised with the results if you're honest.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Make an experiment for yourself:

Try to sway a conversation or a person's actions by thinking about something. Count every success AND every failure.
I think you'll be surprised with the results if you're honest.

yeah do this. it sounds like fun...try to think something random like popsicle and try to get the person you're talking with to say it. :smile:

i have had that weird crazy coincendence where i've been thinking of someone all day...like my mother...thinking i need to call her because it's been awhile and get home from work and she calls me...sometimes with friends too...is that similar to what you're talking about?

Mole

Permabanned
If you can control people with your mind, then your mind can be controlled by other people.

On this path madness lies.

G

Ginkgo

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2B6SjMh_w"]Crazy[/YOUTUBE]

G

Ginkgo

If you aren't doing it on purpose, then how is it control? It is out of your control. The only control you have is pattern perception, but perceiving a pattern does not mean you are causing it to happen. It's like if I won the lotto twice in a row - that doesn't mean I'm 'lucky' or 'special', it means that I got the right number twice, and it also means that there was a series of events that led up to me winning the lotto twice.

Plus, coincidences tend to be perceived readily because people are often on the same "wave length". If you are in the same situation with someone, like seeing a movie or riding in a car, you'll probably be thinking similar thoughts about your environment.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:rofl1:

Man, I love NFJs.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I think what you are talking about is probability. Like for instance tomorrow I know my mom will call me to ask me what Im doing before 4pm, because thats when the soccer game starts tomorrow. Plus I know it will probably be either at around 11am - 12 or at 2pm, because thats when shes going from work. So it is probability. On other times I have known when she calls within 5 minutes aswell but I attribute it to probability not because of some psychic connection.

Cheshire Grin

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
And here I was expecting a thread about manipulating people with words :alttongue:.

Possibilities:

1. No this cannot happen and what you described is simply coincidence.
2. Yes, your mind is actually influencing them in some way.
3. Have you ever considered the possibility that it's not you who is influencing them, but the other way round? Like, for somebody who believes in psychics, they might say that you're simply perceiving events that will happen in the future so it's the future event that influences your thoughts, and then after you think them, they happen?

Could you give us a few more examples?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're not controlling people with your mind, that's for sure, but it's highly possible that you're telepathic with certain inviduals. It does happen sometimes between people who are close, and it happens to a lot of people. They've done research on this sort of thing at Duke University in their Parapsychology Lab, so don't listen to the haters.

I mean, it's healthy to be skeptical of course, and again, YOU'RE DEFINITELY NOT CONTROLLING PEOPLE WITH YOUR MIND but you could be empathetically connected with certain loved ones.