• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Extroverts..how much alone time do you need?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I often hear extroverts say that they need alone time but I wonder just how much do you need?

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
A day, or just a few hours. Depends. But generally, I'd say I need more we-time than me-time.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
.1377 seconds then I am recharged :D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It depends on how much I have going on, and how I am feeling.

If I am consumed by personal projects of my own, I can spend a few days by myself working on them, and then at some point I'll get hungry and go to the local bar & grill, get a sandwich, watch sports on the TV with strangers, get a Long island Iced Tea, and then go back to my music lab. :party2:

When I am not feeling well, e.g. virus, migraine/sinus headache, etc., I enjoy time to myself, as it is only then I can rest.

Otherwise, bring the party on. :happy:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really need alone time, but I like alone time. A couple/few hours a day is nice. If I don't get that, then whatever. I've gone days with very little alone time besides to sleep/do housework and I never was bothered by it. A day of alone time is the maximum. Two days and I'm thoroughly depressed.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It depends on how much I have going on, and how I am feeling.

If I am consumed by personal projects of my own, I can spend a few days by myself working on them, and then at some point I'll get hungry and go to the local bar & grill, get a sandwich, watch sports on the TV with strangers, get a Long island Iced Tea, and then go back to my music lab. :party2:

When I am not feeling well, e.g. virus, migraine/sinus headache, etc., I enjoy time to myself, as it is only then I can rest.

Otherwise, bring the party on. :happy:

I'm the same way, if I'm alone with no friends or family around and am doing my own thing, then I will tend to go to a bar or restaurant and chat with the locals

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I need alone time. I like a couple hours a day. If that doesn't happen then I need a half to whole day every week or so. If I don't get enough time alone I get irritated, and if I get too much time alone I get bored.:D I'm working on it.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I need at least an hour of alone time every three days. More if I'm around people who are just draining and painful to be around.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I need alone time a couple of times a year, but for a very significant amount of time. Like, I hate being alone generally except once every like 6 months i'll want to take an entire week alone to refocus or something

G

Glycerine

I want like 5-10 hours of alone time every 1-2 days but spread out or 1-2 days filled w/ activity and 1 day of rest.. I'm most definitely an introverted extrovert. I start freaking out if I'm non-stop busy for 3+ days or if I spend more than a day alone and if there's way too much noise (sensory overload). My mind likes to pay attention all the conversations going on around me.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't need alone time per se, but i need time away from negative humanoids, to be around people in a relaxed setting, or simply be around the correct people. The second two are a bit difficult to acquire, which is why alone time comes into play. :yes:

Liesl

A couple of hours a day unless I really like the people that I'm with, in which case I can go longer without needing time alone. When I'm under a lot of stress or don't like the people around me, I spend more time alone.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
My SO falls asleep within 5 minutes if she stops moving and is alone. I've really never seen anything like it.

Liesl

That is so funny. I have a cousin who told me a similar thing, "I fall asleep after the lights are turned off and my glasses are off because I can't see anything." I wish that would happen to me. My mind is just whirring while I try to sleep. I have to read something incredibly boring and convince myself that I've exhausted all interesting thoughts for the day before I can fall asleep.

T

ThatGirl

I need alone time everyday. I can stay extroverted for a few weeks at a time but only if my daily needs are met. I usually "caccoon" for about a solid week monthly (no it has nothing to do with being a female).

Two days of solid company in a row and I get cranky, stop talking.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm alone a lot. I really only hang out with my housemate until the weekend. He is an INTP and we'll hang out on the couch for a couple hours a day with our laptops or we'll get breakfast and argue about some petty intellectual bullshit. If I say X, he is sure to say Y and vice versa. Some people joke that we're like a married couple. He's definitely my bro.

On the weekends, I go a bit nuts. I end up totally overcommitting to various events.

I get pretty worn out from socializing and recover during the week. I end up making too many commitments and feeling too close to people to feel comfortable. I prefer being social in a very limited and superficial way, which is why I seem to leave parties early sometimes or bounce from event to event. I hate awkward silences. I would rather leave.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fascinating, truly fascinating. *ponders the responses*

Indeed. *rubs nonexistent beard*

A day, or just a few hours. Depends. But generally, I'd say I need more we-time than me-time.

A day of alone time is the maximum. Two days and I'm thoroughly depressed.

Me too, it didn't used to be that way though. I think I am changing.

I need alone time a couple of times a year, but for a very significant amount of time. Like, I hate being alone generally except once every like 6 months i'll want to take an entire week alone to refocus or something

when you take the week, do you turn off your phone, etc?

I don't need alone time per se, but i need time away from negative humanoids, to be around people in a relaxed setting, or simply be around the correct people. The second two are a bit difficult to acquire, which is why alone time comes into play. :yes:

I think you have just nailed what it is that I feel. Thanks! I could spend an infinite amount of time around the right person and in the right setting. The right setting seems to vary from being at home hanging out with just one person to being out somewhere in public around large groups of people.

My SO falls asleep within 5 minutes if she stops moving and is alone. I've really never seen anything like it.

lol that is hilarious. She must be super busy.

I'm alone a lot. I really only hang out with my housemate until the weekend. He is an INTP and we'll hang out on the couch for a couple hours a day with our laptops or we'll get breakfast and argue about some petty intellectual bullshit. If I say X, he is sure to say Y and vice versa. Some people joke that we're like a married couple. He's definitely my bro.

On the weekends, I go a bit nuts. I end up totally overcommitting to various events.

I get pretty worn out from socializing and recover during the week. I end up making too many commitments and feeling too close to people to feel comfortable. I prefer being social in a very limited and superficial way, which is why I seem to leave parties early sometimes or bounce from event to event. I hate awkward silences. I would rather leave.

A few questions...

Do you prefer living with introverts or extroverts? If you've ever lived with extroverts what was that like for you?

That's funny that you recover during the week. lol A lot of people use the weekend to recover from the work week, but you do the opposite. Do you still feel too close to people even with overcommitting and "blazing" through? Do you think you just get bored quickly? I think that's fairly normal and for that reason I can't stand being stuck in one social event for the entire day/night but it happens all-too-often.