• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Te users....

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sure - I can see the lashing out from inf Fi, but worrying that they have given offense seems uncharacteristic. The ENTJs I know at least would be more worried that they have sabotaged their own plans somehow by ticking off the wrong person.

Ahhhh...the part i put after the part you bolded and yes i agree with that as well.

poki said:
hence doesnt go down well and bites them in the ass.

Most have put together "societal values" reactions even if not labeled or even defined as that. Its a cause and affect...they will attempt to avoid it as with any TJ really who gets tired of not being able to express themselves. I can tell you the key to fix that...avoid that which causes negative societal which you must supress and head towards those which causes positive societal reactions. Basically control direction and self prior as opposed to fighting the world. While ETJs are good at venting and redirecting they need to find out how to avoid that venting and not through control of self(as in suppression) or others, but through controlling their environment. There are aspects of us we cant completely control directly, but we can cut it off and redirect it in the manner we want. For an EJ that is through Fi and avoidance of those triggers...there is more then one path to get where you want to go. Find the path that aligns with you and head that way.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How about inferior Fe? How do they lash out differently than inferior Fi types?
From what I have seen (married to INTP), in Fe lashes out by attacking someone for not following a social norm, not being polite/respectful. In this context, following the rules are seen as a good in and of themselves, and not simply as a means to get what you want, as a TJ using tert/inf Fi would see it. I read somewhere that adherence to professional courtesies and conventions is a common way this manifests in INTPs in academic environments. They will be sticklers for who should be included as an author on a paper, or given an acknowledgment; critical of someone who withdraws a presentation without giving proper notice, etc.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From what I have seen (married to INTP), in Fe lashes out by attacking someone for not following a social norm, not being polite/respectful. In this context, following the rules are seen as a good in and of themselves, and not simply as a means to get what you want, as a TJ using tert/inf Fi would see it. I read somewhere that adherence to professional courtesies and conventions is a common way this manifests in INTPs in academic environments. They will be sticklers for who should be included as an author on a paper, or given an acknowledgment; critical of someone who withdraws a presentation without giving proper notice, etc.

We lash out when our head goes wrong and we go down the wrong path mentally. Basically our internal thoughts combine with our internal perception and we take the wrong path. We then turn towards societal norms...not exactly a "certain" society, as every norm belongs in some society for a reason. So we can turn to pretty much anything and its done for effect. Thats the key difference. As opposed to inferior Fi which verbalizes their opinion, we inferior Fe are not limited to our opinion. Basically the better we know you the better we can pinpoint the societal piece that gets the effect we want. Te with inferior Fi is like an ogre swinging a bat, Ti with Fe is like a ninja choosing which weapon works best for the situation....sadly enough. Not at our best "morally" at that point.

Know an INTP who changed the screen of his wifes phone to read "i am a fucking idiot" because he knew she didnt know how to change it. Being an idiot is something she valued dearly...as every value can be tied to a "societal" value. We can use that for good or for evil :(

So my ex would be like "atleast now i know how you feel" when i lashed out because she was assuming TeFi. But she really had no clue how i felt. I actually told her how i felt before lashing out. She would just judge my feelings unless i was pushed to lash out instead of just hearing them.

We actually get along much better these days.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Know an INTP who changed the screen of his wifes phone to read "i am a fucking idiot" because he knew she didnt know how to change it. Being an idiot is something she valued dearly...as every value can be tied to a "societal" value. We can use that for good or for evil :(

This is consistent with many INTP's on this forum and ones I know personally. Yet if you tell them they are a ball lick for doing it - ATTACK MY POSITION!!! NOT ME PERSONALLY!! No dick, you are a worthless cunt for doing that to your wife, and I say that as personally as possible.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is consistent with many INTP's on this forum and ones I know personally. Yet if you tell them they are a ball lick for doing it - ATTACK MY POSITION!!! NOT ME PERSONALLY!! No dick, you are a worthless cunt and I say that as personally as possible.

Yeah, like i said...its not our best at all. We actually try to work through the truths prior to reaching that point. If the person is not listening or just fights it we are like fuck it...throw out shit for effect. It is our negative/unhealthy side.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is consistent with many INTP's on this forum and ones I know personally. Yet if you tell them they are a ball lick for doing it - ATTACK MY POSITION!!! NOT ME PERSONALLY!! No dick, you are a worthless cunt for doing that to your wife, and I say that as personally as possible.

As long as you don't attack me with that red whip/rope thingy in your avatar.

Connoisseur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp
Sometimes, when I talk about things that I'm curious about.
Also, most of the time I want to be understood 100%, so I include lots of clarifications that are often unwelcome (the "I'm not dumb" trigger).