• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Te users....

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you ever feel like you speak more than you should?

Not usually but sometimes, I go on too much. I don't think it is Te exactly that's the culpritl

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I actually don't think I speak enough. I hold a lot in because I want to be nice/polite and I want to be on good terms with people. I like talking a lot/rambling, and generally my friends are entertained by it too. What I hate is when I feel like I'm not allowed to talk, or when I can't allow myself to talk. (cough enneagram 1 cough.) If I didn't have as much of a filter, I'd be happier, I think.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
EJCC, that's usually why I refrain from making a lot of comments. I think first about the impact it will have on my reputation with the person. Usually when I do speak, it involves giving commands, explaining something or criticizing someone. Heh.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I actually don't think I speak enough. I hold a lot in because I want to be nice/polite and I want to be on good terms with people. I like talking a lot/rambling, and generally my friends are entertained by it too. What I hate is when I feel like I'm not allowed to talk, or when I can't allow myself to talk. (cough enneagram 1 cough.) If I didn't have as much of a filter, I'd be happier, I think.
Introverted perception is censureship.
It does not curtail energy as such. It is a system of check. A control mechanism.

ESTJs are the people who have got the highest energy level of the types.
Consequently they are endowed with the highest control level of the types, to match the energy. It brings about elasticity.
ESTJ = Te > Si.
ISTJ = Si > Te.

ESTJs have got a higher control level than the even ISTJs, in general.
Your energy level is still higher. A valid point.
The ISTJs have a lower control level; only the energy level is even lower than the control.

The ESTJs have it better. And therefore you achieve much more in your life. :)

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
ThatGirl said:

I´m not a talkative person.

I speak only when I have to. That is, when the topic of the conversation is interesting to me, and I know that I can add something relevant to a discussion. Or when someone makes a question about something that I know well enough.

Sometimes, when anger starts taking over me because of being in situations in which people around me are engaged in uninteresting or stupid conversations; I abstain from saying a word because I know that I could cause an outrage because of my trademark bluntness. In the meantime, I take my mind somewhere else, to extinguish my anger (Type 1 here) and not appear disrespectful.

You should have asked this.

Do you ever feel that you are more forceful than you should be ?

Now, this a good question. Yes, I do, and I think that´s why I´ve earned my reputation as a blunt among my friends and colleagues. But I can´t be the other way, because sugar-coated judgements or white lies are not my thing. I describe things as I see them.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
It does not curtail energy as such. It is a system of check. A control mechanism.

Consequently they are endowed with the highest control level of the types, to match the energy. It brings about elasticity.
ESTJ = Te > Si.
ISTJ = Si > Te.

The ISTJs have a lower control level; only the energy level is even lower than the control.

This is a really good post. Wildcat's brilliance never fails to impress.

And to answer the OP - yes. I speak a great deal.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz

ESTJ = Te > Si.
ISTJ = Si > Te.

Which is why ISTJs focus more on professions and duties that involve maintenance and knowledge, areas that invoke Si rather than Te. I don't desire a higher level of control as part of my life, it's only to see how far control can go and to maintain a higher end lifestyle.

T

ThatGirl

I was referencing more of the, tell other people exactly where I am going with something and why.

I developed this habit in order to be met with less resistance by eliminating doubt. What I find it actually does is make people paranoid that you are not trustworthy. People think, if she is capable of working this situation in her favor, why not ones that involve myself?

Take for example Jaguar's being sure I was pulling one over on the forum by changing my type to ENTJ. This was based on a thread I had made a year earlier stating I was going to perform a social experiment. What it didn't take into account was that was only for that time. I changed my type to INFP and wrote a couple of emo posts. This lasted for one day.

But take this dynamic and apply it to everything. Every step I take in life. I think I have a history of giving people too much information.

If that isn't Te would it be some other function?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

ESTJ = Te > Si.
ISTJ = Si > Te.

You're absolutely right. Interesting how a type can have so much energy and not seem energetic at all. My ENFJ friend, at first glance, seems five times more energetic and five times more extraverted than me, but there are still times when he needs to recharge and I'm still fine, and surprised that he would even consider recharging. My ENTP friend has called me "the energizer bunny" before, because of that... :laugh:

But from my experience with ISTJs, I'd say that they're more in control than ESTJs. What makes you say otherwise?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sometimes, but my fuckups are almost always Ne-related. :blush:

Now, as for coming on more forcefully than I should (which is the real Te problem), I sometimes do as well.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
You're absolutely right. Interesting how a type can have so much energy and not seem energetic at all. My ENFJ friend, at first glance, seems five times more energetic and five times more extraverted than me, but there are still times when he needs to recharge and I'm still fine, and surprised that he would even consider recharging. My ENTP friend has called me "the energizer bunny" before, because of that... :laugh:

But from my experience with ISTJs, I'd say that they're more in control than ESTJs. What makes you say otherwise?
I did not say otherwise. You are perfectly right. The ISTJs are more in control.
As you say.
Si is about control. The ESTJs have usually more control, but they are less in control.
The energy of the ESTJ is subject to control only as much as their Te is quantitatively matched by their Si. What is unmatched is beyond the confine of control.
The energy (Te) of the ISTJ is subject to control (Si) altogether.
Quality is not bound by quantity per se, but by axiom. In this case by function order.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was referencing more of the, tell other people exactly where I am going with something and why.

I developed this habit in order to be met with less resistance by eliminating doubt. What I find it actually does is make people paranoid that you are not trustworthy. People think, if she is capable of working this situation in her favor, why not ones that involve myself?

Take for example Jaguar's being sure I was pulling one over on the forum by changing my type to ENTJ. This was based on a thread I had made a year earlier stating I was going to perform a social experiment. What it didn't take into account was that was only for that time. I changed my type to INFP and wrote a couple of emo posts. This lasted for one day.

But take this dynamic and apply it to everything. Every step I take in life. I think I have a history of giving people too much information.

If that isn't Te would it be some other function?

I wonder if the example you're providing might be Ni gone awry - and I'm not talking about you. For example on occasion my imagination runs away with me. When I find myself slipping into perceiving these negative things, I make a very conscious effort to trust. It helps to alleviate some of this counterproductive thinking about others.

T

ThatGirl

To the person who reped me...

That could be a reasonable explanation. I could also see a cluster fuck going on by trying to deal with tertiary Fi in a Te manner.

Thank you.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
No. My problem is that I don't speak enough. I'm too focused on phrasing everything perfectly with no excessive words that I typically end up not elaborating enough and then people misunderstand what I'm saying. I also cant talk if I know people are tuning out because it feels like a total waste of effort so I tend to keep it very short.