User Tag List

First 567

Thread: Te users....

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Sure - I can see the lashing out from inf Fi, but worrying that they have given offense seems uncharacteristic. The ENTJs I know at least would be more worried that they have sabotaged their own plans somehow by ticking off the wrong person.
    Ahhhh...the part i put after the part you bolded and yes i agree with that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by poki
    hence doesnt go down well and bites them in the ass.
    Most have put together "societal values" reactions even if not labeled or even defined as that. Its a cause and affect...they will attempt to avoid it as with any TJ really who gets tired of not being able to express themselves. I can tell you the key to fix that...avoid that which causes negative societal which you must supress and head towards those which causes positive societal reactions. Basically control direction and self prior as opposed to fighting the world. While ETJs are good at venting and redirecting they need to find out how to avoid that venting and not through control of self(as in suppression) or others, but through controlling their environment. There are aspects of us we cant completely control directly, but we can cut it off and redirect it in the manner we want. For an EJ that is through Fi and avoidance of those triggers...there is more then one path to get where you want to go. Find the path that aligns with you and head that way.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    How about inferior Fe? How do they lash out differently than inferior Fi types?
    From what I have seen (married to INTP), in Fe lashes out by attacking someone for not following a social norm, not being polite/respectful. In this context, following the rules are seen as a good in and of themselves, and not simply as a means to get what you want, as a TJ using tert/inf Fi would see it. I read somewhere that adherence to professional courtesies and conventions is a common way this manifests in INTPs in academic environments. They will be sticklers for who should be included as an author on a paper, or given an acknowledgment; critical of someone who withdraws a presentation without giving proper notice, etc.
    They are quite gentle, really, but people avoid them because they are a bit . . . different.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    From what I have seen (married to INTP), in Fe lashes out by attacking someone for not following a social norm, not being polite/respectful. In this context, following the rules are seen as a good in and of themselves, and not simply as a means to get what you want, as a TJ using tert/inf Fi would see it. I read somewhere that adherence to professional courtesies and conventions is a common way this manifests in INTPs in academic environments. They will be sticklers for who should be included as an author on a paper, or given an acknowledgment; critical of someone who withdraws a presentation without giving proper notice, etc.
    We lash out when our head goes wrong and we go down the wrong path mentally. Basically our internal thoughts combine with our internal perception and we take the wrong path. We then turn towards societal norms...not exactly a "certain" society, as every norm belongs in some society for a reason. So we can turn to pretty much anything and its done for effect. Thats the key difference. As opposed to inferior Fi which verbalizes their opinion, we inferior Fe are not limited to our opinion. Basically the better we know you the better we can pinpoint the societal piece that gets the effect we want. Te with inferior Fi is like an ogre swinging a bat, Ti with Fe is like a ninja choosing which weapon works best for the situation....sadly enough. Not at our best "morally" at that point.

Know an INTP who changed the screen of his wifes phone to read "i am a fucking idiot" because he knew she didnt know how to change it. Being an idiot is something she valued dearly...as every value can be tied to a "societal" value. We can use that for good or for evil

So my ex would be like "atleast now i know how you feel" when i lashed out because she was assuming TeFi. But she really had no clue how i felt. I actually told her how i felt before lashing out. She would just judge my feelings unless i was pushed to lash out instead of just hearing them.

We actually get along much better these days.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Know an INTP who changed the screen of his wifes phone to read "i am a fucking idiot" because he knew she didnt know how to change it. Being an idiot is something she valued dearly...as every value can be tied to a "societal" value. We can use that for good or for evil
    This is consistent with many INTP's on this forum and ones I know personally. Yet if you tell them they are a ball lick for doing it - ATTACK MY POSITION!!! NOT ME PERSONALLY!! No dick, you are a worthless cunt for doing that to your wife, and I say that as personally as possible.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    This is consistent with many INTP's on this forum and ones I know personally. Yet if you tell them they are a ball lick for doing it - ATTACK MY POSITION!!! NOT ME PERSONALLY!! No dick, you are a worthless cunt and I say that as personally as possible.
    Yeah, like i said...its not our best at all. We actually try to work through the truths prior to reaching that point. If the person is not listening or just fights it we are like fuck it...throw out shit for effect. It is our negative/unhealthy side.
    Im out, its been fun

This is consistent with many INTP's on this forum and ones I know personally. Yet if you tell them they are a ball lick for doing it - ATTACK MY POSITION!!! NOT ME PERSONALLY!! No dick, you are a worthless cunt for doing that to your wife, and I say that as personally as possible.
    As long as you don't attack me with that red whip/rope thingy in your avatar.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    As long as you don't attack me with that red whip/rope thingy in your avatar.
    Only if you change your wife's home screen to - I'm an idiot.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Only if you change your wife's home screen to - I'm an idiot.
    I'm not that mean to her

MBTI
    INTJ

Sometimes, when I talk about things that I'm curious about.
    Also, most of the time I want to be understood 100%, so I include lots of clarifications that are often unwelcome (the "I'm not dumb" trigger).