• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Te users....

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good points for sure.
For me, the point of it is simply to satisfy my obsessive thirst for knowledge. I love having a puzzle to work on and expand upon (Ne), and it's even better if it helps me understand myself better (Fi), or has a practical purpose (Te).

It's impossible to objectively look at yourself, but it's important to try so you know what you need to work on.

You seem to be crossing MBTI functions and this other objective personality. Basically with Te vs Ti is

T is reasons which may or may not be logic. Its why dom Ti has ALOT of reasons behind everything they do. Its not a simple I just wanna go against the grain...I will tell you exactly why I am going against the grain.

Ti: does this person identity about these reasons and are they using Fe to see if others like these reasons.
Te: Are they using these reasons to communicate with the tribe and look for tribe validation...(does the tribe like my reasons).

This is based on objective personality site, not so much "practical purpose" Te and Ti have a practical purpose.

Te vs Ti

Fe vs Fi

Ne vs Ni

Se vs Si

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It is more like: I speak too much in certain sitations, but I don't see it as a problem.

However there are people that are afraid of my judgement. Which evidently isn't made on the "benefit of the doubt" principle.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
You seem to be crossing MBTI functions and this other objective personality. Basically with Te vs Ti is

T is reasons which may or may not be logic. Its why dom Ti has ALOT of reasons behind everything they do. Its not a simple I just wanna go against the grain...I will tell you exactly why I am going against the grain.

Ti: does this person identity about these reasons and are they using Fe to see if others like these reasons.
Te: Are they using these reasons to communicate with the tribe and look for tribe validation...(does the tribe like my reasons).

This is based on objective personality site, not so much "practical purpose" Te and Ti have a practical purpose.

Te vs Ti

Fe vs Fi

Ne vs Ni

Se vs Si

I'm not confusing them, but I am working on unlearning the old way.

Ti/Fi are just self over tribe and deal with identity. I'm not sure why you'd assume I don't understand that.

Also, I've watched literally every video on that page. If this is gonna turn into a "you don't even get it and can't type yourself correctly", then I'm done here.

Yes, I may be jumping to conclusions a bit, but I am aware you're still hanging on to my INFJ typing and I don't really wanna go there right now.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not confusing them, but I am working on unlearning the old way.

Ti/Fi are just self over tribe and deal with identity. I'm not sure why you'd assume I don't understand that.

Also, I've watched literally every video on that page. If this is gonna turn into a "you don't even get it and can't type yourself correctly", then I'm done here.

Yes, I may be jumping to conclusions a bit, but I am aware you're still hanging on to my INFJ typing and I don't really wanna go there right now.

Actually it was based simply on what I quoted only.

Good points for sure.
For me, the point of it is simply to satisfy my obsessive thirst for knowledge. I love having a puzzle to work on and expand upon (Ne), and it's even better if it helps me understand myself better (Fi), or has a practical purpose (Te).

Basically what you are describing matches typical MBTI function descriptions and not so much the method you are converting to. Thanks for explaining that you are unlearning the old way. That explains what I am seeing, It had nothing to do with what type you think you are or I think you are. Its blunt objective disconnect between the 2 systems. I never went that extra step and my opinion of your type is very shallow and I am completely aware of that. You can disagree with me and explain how your descriptions of functions in quote matches those videos if you want, but if you are just learning and switching and such, really no need to explain as that is the explanation itself.

Jaguar

Fixed, you missed the whole point of my post.

Dodgeball. Unlike yourself, I dodge nothing.

If an ENTJ is shouting in your face "I burned my hand on the stove!" I don't expect you to repeatedly post "ENTJs can't burn their hand on stoves" unless something is seriously wrong with your brain. In the same vein - Nico, ceecee and myself have been repeatedly bitching about tribalism or directly at an individual (Disco) for his idiotic, tribe shit in the politics section for what - years? Now, use your skull. What do ceecee, Nico and myself have in common? We're all NTJs. But yet you want to claim Te looks for a tribe?

That's convenient ignoring observable facts to further a personal narrative. Wait, I think I know a guy who does that on a regular basis. He's in the WH.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

If an ENTJ is shouting in your face "I burned my hand on the stove!" I don't expect you to repeatedly post "ENTJs can't burn their hand on stoves" unless something is seriously wrong with your brain. In the same vein - Nico, ceecee and myself have been repeatedly bitching about tribalism or directly at an individual (Disco) for his idiotic, tribe shit in the politics section for what - years? Now, use your skull. What do ceecee, Nico and myself have in common? We're all NTJs. But yet you want to claim Te looks for a tribe?

That's convenient ignoring observable facts to further a personal narrative. Wait, I think I know a guy who does that on a regular basis. He's in the WH.

You think Disco is mistyped?

What is he, ESTP?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus

It's not that you're looking for a tribe, per say, it's that you want the tribe to agree with your knowledge. I think that seems like a fair assessment.

Further though, if it's your aux, you'd be more relaxed/indifferent about it, so it wouldn't be the primary source of imbalance.

Te wants to gather and project information (tribe), Ti wants to organize it internally (self).

The videos and site explain it better.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Unlike myself? What am I dodging?

My Ti/Te definition you fixed was VERBATIM from the videos that Peter Deadpan is learning. I actually kept going back to the video as I typed them to make sure it was VERBATIM to match the video.

Hence...you missed the point. I posted videos for reference on the system she is referencing and I did it verbatim.

Click on Te vs Ti video and go to 4:00 time and you will here him say...actually almost verbatim what I typed...I think I may have typed "a" instead of "an" or some piddly shit like that.. The rest of the video is all about screwed up MBTI terminology and understanding he says is misleading.

Jaguar

Unlike myself? What am I dodging?

My posts. You're still dodging them.

It's not that you're looking for a tribe, per say, it's that you want the tribe to agree with your knowledge.

I don't want any tribe to agree with anything I have to say. If you want to keep ignoring what I have been saying, no need to post back. You're an individual, not a tribe.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I don't want any tribe to agree with anything I have to say. If you want to keep ignoring what I have been saying, no need to post back. You're an individual, not a tribe.

So sensitive. There, there. *pats Jag on back*

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My posts. You're still dodging them.

You replaced Te with ESTP and copied and pasted what i put for Te. :shrug: its like here...let me replace this function with a type...now respond, but only how i want you to, anything else is dodging :shrug:

You sound troubled...its ok...disco is a bad bad boy and he wont ever bother you again

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You think Disco is mistyped?

What is he, ESTP?

I think he is dodging you :wink: maybe Te does dodge....or they just get cross eyed due to inferior Fi and supression of extroverting what they really feel as its not "societally" proper...hence doesnt go down well and bites them in the ass.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think he is dodging you :wink: maybe Te does dodge....or they just get cross eyed due to inferior Fi and supression of extroverting what they really feel as its not "societally" proper...hence doesnt go down well and bites them in the ass.
Right observation but wrong motivation. I suspect most of us do not "extravert what we really feel" simply because it's none of anyone else's business - social propriety be damned.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Right observation but wrong motivation. I suspect most of us do not "extravert what we really feel" simply because it's none of anyone else's business - social propriety be damned.

Your an I...your Fi is not your inferior.dom Te is more forward then you. I am regerring to a lashing out of opinion on how they value that person. I have seen it done in a positive way and break out in tears because they feared they offended someone they value ALOT....i mean a tremendous amount. He tries to supress them as its not societally appropriate for a grown man to cry and emote...

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your an I...your Fi is not your inferior.dom Te is more forward then you. I am regerring to a lashing out of opinion on how they value that person. I have seen it done in a positive way and break out in tears because they feared they offended someone they value ALOT....i mean a tremendous amount. He tries to supress them as its not societally appropriate for a grown man to cry and emote...
Sure - I can see the lashing out from inf Fi, but worrying that they have given offense seems uncharacteristic. The ENTJs I know at least would be more worried that they have sabotaged their own plans somehow by ticking off the wrong person.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sure - I can see the lashing out from inf Fi, but worrying that they have given offense seems uncharacteristic. The ENTJs I know at least would be more worried that they have sabotaged their own plans somehow by ticking off the wrong person.

How about inferior Fe? How do they lash out differently than inferior Fi types?