• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your Chains

LucrativeSid

I always try to do everything on my own. It often feels like I'm taking advantage of people and using up their time when I ask them for help. Even when it's their job to help me (a salesman or a tech support person), I always feel like I should be able to figure it out and do everything on my own still. If I was just able to accept that it's okay to ask for help, I could probably accomplish everything I do ten times faster. It's not like I'm shy or anything, I just hate feeling or appearing needy.

I don't mind it at all when people ask me for help. I'm glad to be able to help and I usually have fun and enjoy the interaction, so I don't know where this comes from.

Thoughts: I'm super competitive, I like for everything to be done my way, and I like to take all the credit for it. I'm obsessed with novelty and originality to the point where acheiving any certain result is merely an afterthought. Plus, I have a big ego.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
My body is what limits me the most. And I don't just mean in the sense that everyone's body limits them (although just that sense is enough to drive me crazy sometimes), but ...well, if anyone's read my blog or knows my situation, they know what I mean, so I won't waste time repeating myself about that.

And the kids... can't really do anything I want to do or be anywhere I belong until they've grown up and left home - though actually I'll be the one who leaves home when they grow up...

The feeling that whatever I do, it's "not enough". Seriously, I'm never satisfied... I can never just pat myself on the back and feel good about what I've achieved, I always have to push on and do more... I feel like I'm scrambling and running with all I've got towards a goal that's not even really defined... but I just know I haven't reached it.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I always try to do everything on my own. It often feels like I'm taking advantage of people and using up their time when I ask them for help. Even when it's their job to help me (a salesman or a tech support person), I always feel like I should be able to figure it out and do everything on my own still. If I was just able to accept that it's okay to ask for help, I could probably accomplish everything I do ten times faster. It's not like I'm shy or anything, I just hate feeling or appearing needy.

I don't mind it at all when people ask me for help. I'm glad to be able to help and I usually have fun and enjoy the interaction, so I don't know where this comes from.

Thoughts: I'm super competitive, I like for everything to be done my way, and I like to take all the credit for it. [ I'm obsessed with novelty and originality to the point where acheiving any certain result is merely an afterthought.] Plus, I have a big ego.

Actually yeah, most of this applies to me too. I'm competitive, but I wouldn't say "super", except on certain specific things. The part in brackets aren't really me though... well, it might've been when I was younger, but hasn't been for a while now. And I have started to get better at asking for help by imagining myself in a military/Starfleet type situation where I'm the captain and it's part of my job to use the resources I have to get the job done the best way possible, and one of those resources is my crew, and the way to use them is to give them orders. So it's a case of figuring out who's on the crew, and a way to order them without... well, ordering them! :laugh:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The feeling that whatever I do, it's "not enough". Seriously, I'm never satisfied... I can never just pat myself on the back and feel good about what I've achieved, I always have to push on and do more... I feel like I'm scrambling and running with all I've got towards a goal that's not even really defined... but I just know I haven't reached it.

Do you think that could be your iNtuitive vision and future-orientation conflicting with your Perceiving openness in a way?