• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What you've learned about the theory of personalities in the last 6 months?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've learned, that
-personalities exist, but they don't matter much
-situational issues matter more than personality
-a greater reward can be had from doing, experiencing and embracing the reality, as compared to non-involvement and analysis

What's yours?

Little_Sticks

I've learned ENTJs like to list and involve a discussion about what they have learned about themselves every so often. :smile: I'm quite serious, this seems to be a recurring theme.

And that a person shouldn't apply psychological theory to people with personality disorders.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I don't have to identify with other ENFPs to be one.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
that it's nearly useless self-wankery but I'm still compelled to think about it way too often.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I've learned there's good one-liners to be made in discussion of fruitless theories.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some interesting concepts from SW and SW.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
that personality is an attitude reference that is unlike the vibrancy of personality dimensioning. good analysis for interrelated psychology into the psyche of the differences in perspective.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I've learned that really annoying people never have my personality type!!!:devil::devil::devil:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've learned that some people are extremely rigid and dogmatic about something that's purely hypothetical.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I've learned that some people are extremely rigid and dogmatic about something that's purely hypothetical.

Yeah, but I'm sure that isn't something you learned from mbti. It's just something that some people have invested an emotional attachment to after awhile. Like musical taste, conspiracy theories, religion, and the idea that Mac computers are superior to PCs.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Like musical taste, conspiracy theories, religion, and the idea that Mac computers are superior to PCs.

:cheese:

what have i learned? well, i'm still learning about function stackings and their differences in the Jung and MBTI models... through that i've learned that i can't really move into the "mbti is useless crap" camp fully until i grasp it all first... and then make a value judgment as sweeping as using a system as dogma in the first place.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have moved into the final stages, it's all bunk any way, but it's fun bunk, like astrology and tarot:D

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Last six months, almost nothing... That goes for a number of subjects, now that I think of it. Have I really dropped off that badly?

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
I no longer find personality theory credible, but I find the people who post on this personality theory forum to be often wise, thoughtful, intelligent, caring, and extremely witty.

sculpting

that Jung was smarter than we are....and he may have agreed with leaf and sky on some counts :)

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
It's less about learning something new, than it is the constant reminder that not everyone approaches things the same way I do. Maybe that should be self-evident, but it's easy to get caught up in your own way of thinking.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I love abstract theories :wubbie:. But I knew that already.
I've learnt some words and a structure to talk about the differences in characters. It's easier to make fiction characters different from each other and consistent with themselves if you have some language to describe them.

By understanding my P preference, I found out how to beat the negative parts of it, too. I need stress to be productive? Well, I get stress somewhere. I am the most creative when I'm not working on lesson preparations/stories/...? I do some boring housework while waiting for some ideas. I didn't come for self-understanding, but if I learn that along the way, I'm going to use it.