• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What you've learned about the theory of personalities in the last 6 months?

Flutterby

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
It's less about learning something new, than it is the constant reminder that not everyone approaches things the same way I do. Maybe that should be self-evident, but it's easy to get caught up in your own way of thinking.

I have learnt this also. It was really very hard for me to understand other people before I learnt more about MB and the enneagram. Well I could understand some things but not others. At least now I have a starting point with the more basic stuff - Eg. I really didn't understand extroverted people very well. Where did they get all their energy from and why did they talk all the time? I also have a better way of communicating my thoughts and feelings to others because some of the language used in MB and the enneagram is very helpful.

I've learnt some words and a structure to talk about the differences in characters. It's easier to make fiction characters different from each other and consistent with themselves if you have some language to describe them.

I'm finding the enneagram in particular a really great way to clarify character thoughts and motivations in my head when I write fiction.

Also: Am only new to this stuff, but just knowing I'm not the only one who thinks or feels the way I do is kind of comforting. I don't know exactly how much of it I believe, but I only stick with the basic descriptions for each type anyway. I have as yet to research who came up with this stuff and how, but I think it's a great beginning point plus I definitely believe in introversion and extroversion. I don't know if it's scientifically proven or not, but I see it all around me every day, plus the whole sliding spectrum thing really helped me becuse then I realised some are more introverted or extroverted than others. (Plus I read that article about the brain scans and brain activity so that's proof enough for me.)