• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How you handle STRESS!!!

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
Stop doing the thing that is stressful for a bit, than come back to it at a later time. (I often do have hard times controlling stress, the method described above does not work in cases where the stress comes from not being able to finish something, since taking a break just gets further in the way of finishing the something.)

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
take a nap, a long hot shower, then a walk.

Park

MBTI Type
INTP
Human stress is basically a lack of physicall or psyhologicall balance. Could be overstimulation/understimulation or any kind.

Anyway, when I e.g. experience stress caused by lack of action in my life - I try to create some when I experience the opposite I try to cut down my activities and do stuff which helps me relax.

Sometimes I stuff myself with antidepressives and sleeping pills. When suffereing by stress caused by overstimulation, sufficient sleep is allways a good thing.

I find it humorous to referr to physicall pain as simply an overstimulation - like, auch you just overstimulated my foot when you stepped on it.

sundowning

MBTI Type
ISTP
I was going to list a bunch of stuff, but then I realized that the only real stress in my life arises from jackasses, and that everything else pretty much alleviates/eliminates stress.

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
It's rare for me to feel stressed.

When I do and it's my own fault, I usually isolate and feel sorry for myself until I feel more confident about facing the world. I rarely feel stressed about things that are outside my control. After all, there's nothing I can do to to change the circumstances.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I solve the problem.

logan235711

MBTI Type
INTJ
hmm, well different amounts of stress make me respond different ways, but I guess overall I try to notice these moments and try to put myself into a different perspective on viewing things as usually these moments are just because I or others and hyperfocusing on just one way of looking at things : ) Also, distancing myself from others during the initial moments of this is good so I can reflect and gain some bearings, as, for example, if I am constanting being bombarded by new information then trying to gain bearings can become a lot harder--so minimizing new input for a time and re-evaluating what you have in a new light : )

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
May I recommend VMWare?

It's great for learning and playing with new operating systems.
Thanks...maybe I will. *grumbles*

Maybe I should just send the stupid thing in...it's still under warranty.

Tayshaun

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The only satisfactory tools I have for coping with stress are geographical exploration and playing music. Going outside and discovering things helps me put things back into perspective whereas music helps me zone out entirely and concentrate on something else. There are other tools:

1. running, aerobic exercise: transforming stress into exhaustion
  2. video games: transforming stress into frustration
  3. masturbation: taking a few minutes recess. Occasionally transforms stress into existential angst
  4. meditation: transforms stress into sluggishness/inertia and even lower productivity (at least in my case)
  5. bodybuilding: transforms stress into physical pain

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
6. Playing with Optimus Prime: transforming stress into red and blue semi-truck*

* and back again

Friend

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I carry the stress in my lower back and occasionally out of nowhere my back with just tighten up and I didn't even realize I was stressed. So I started taking up rock climbing at a local place, and I gotta say it's perfect for my type of stress. Doing something physical seems to make us forget about what worried us in the first place.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, physical activities are good distractions and it's a good way to get the endorphins going. Also can help clear the head and help me to keep the big picture in mind. Hiking and being out in nature always helps.

Stress tends to make me feel physically ill - so I'll start feeling like I'm coming down with a cold. Headache, feel the need to lay down, just feel overwhelmed in general. Worry and anxiety. So the symptoms make it difficult for me to motivate myself to do what I need to do -- get out and be active and move around.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Well, I didn't really know this until today, but apparently extreme emotional stress makes me nauseous enough to throw up.

Awesome.

Normally I handle stress by doing something about it. When I can't, and feel helpless or not in control of my own situation... bad.

S

Sniffles

Casual walks around the neighborhood, soft gentle music, quiet time for reflection and meditation.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get away from people and detach/recharge, mainly.

Take long baths and get lost in science fiction/fantasy stories, dim lights, maybe have the radio on the classical music station to block out external sounds. The cat usually hangs out with me, playing with the water. So.. laughter's a good stress-reducer, as well..

Drive in my car at night and listen to music/sing.. I get an energized, optimistic vibe from this.. letting my thoughts wander and just engaging a little in a passion [singing] which is connected to a longterm goal/dream [broadway].

Walk around downtown at night when everything's closed and empty. Think. Write. Wander over to the park and swing on the swings and look at the stars. Wander over to the elementary school near my house and peek in the classroom windows and try to guess which grade the classroom is, based on the construction paper/finger paint projects on the walls. Keep trying to find a way to get on the roof, to no avail. Sit on the jungle-gym there, or up in a tree by the ballfield. Write, or wish I had something to write random thoughts down. Look at the stars some more.
I come home feeling open, and sort of reborn.

Push myself to learn how to do something new, like, how to use a sewing machine, or assemble/repair something, etc.

Go on a secret, random adventure at 2am, like to the mountains, or the beach, or Canada. [dragging a friend along sometimes (covert operations!)]

When I'm under an enormous amt of stress and these activites are not quite at my disposal.. Sleep. A lot.

[sharing my bed with kitty always makes me happy, needless to say.]