• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How you handle STRESS!!!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm very stress resistant.

More work, busy busy times, they get me pumping and going even better and faster. Work related that is.

The only form of stress I have sometimes is frustration, when something isn't going the way I want to for example. And up until now I've never had much trouble shrugging that off after being grumpy for a healthy amount of time. :)

I have no form of stress that really lingers around. And I have a work off button so when I'm at home my thoughts are where I want them to be and only where I want them to be. And that is very stress relieving as well. To be able to seperate work or stressy environments from social free time.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Wander over to the elementary school near my house and peek in the classroom windows and try to guess which grade the classroom is, based on the construction paper/finger paint projects on the walls.

I need to try this :tongue:

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The offending person is told off, simple.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Usually long walks, I run out of city when I'm especially stressed. I once took a new printer I had bought outside and started smashing it because it wouldn't work. I don't normally do that, but I knew I had a special need at the time and the only person's money wasted was my own. :D

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
with a bottle of wine.

it's in my future... t-minus 20 minutes...

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I used to be such a stress case. I needed to control everything even the stuff i had no control over.

Now i have been very fortunate of last as due to my shitty circumstances i have been able to totally re-evaluate everything.

It was so liberating as my views on so much has changed. What stress, i have no control over anything so i just accept what will be will be.
Especially over the last month i haven't had one moment where i have thought 'oh shit, what ......'?

I just take it as it comes .. If i do have a moment though, i will just reach for the pen and paper and try to come to some sort of conclusion whilst smoking (more than usual) cigarettes.

G

Ginkgo

How Do You Handle Stress?

I am curious.

• How do you manage stress? (mentalities, activities, etc.)
  • Does stress make it hard for you to focus?
  • What do you do to stay focused?
  • Support your answers with examples and reasoning if possible.

Thank you. :)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
* Exercise, sleep, rest.
* Yes.
* Sleep. Try to work in bursts.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Pretending the stress isn't real
Yes
I try to finish what I

G

Ginkgo

In case you were wondering, I am inquiring about stress because I have been pretty bogged down in work recently. When this happens, I typically space out or procrastinate. If I space out for extended period of time, I can manifest connection after connection with an "N-fest". However, there have been moments when I just sat their staring at the wall for up to 30 minutes without regarding the task at hand.

So, I theorize about alternative methods of stress reduction.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
In case you were wondering, I am inquiring about stress because I have been pretty bogged down in work recently. When this happens, I typically space out or procrastinate. If I space out for extended period of time, I can manifest connection after connection with an "N-fest". However, there have been moments when I just sat their staring at the wall for up to 30 minutes without regarding the task at hand.

So, I theorize about alternative methods of stress reduction.

Dude, when I had a normal job I would go weeks without doing anything. My guess is, you're doing fine at work, so don't sweat it. Relax and get some rest.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I absorb stress and digest it until there is nothing left.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I think you need to relax and get some rest. If you're an INFP and you keep pushing yourself to burn out you may become immobilized. Don't push yourself to be something you're not. Take time to simply BE. LIVE. BREATHE. Chillax and do things that you enjoy. Find a quiet spot, that's what I do.

I really don't like to freak out on people, or do other things to make myself fail. That's why I know it's important to rest and have privacy and personal space and free time. Take a walk in nature, take a nap, read a novel, hang out with your pets, whatever it is that you need to recharge.

Once you recharge, then you'll enjoy your work a lot more, or at least be more productive at it. And that's a good thing, right? Keeping your sanity whilst doing the best job you can?

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
How Do You Handle Stress?

Who says we have to allow a state of stress to settle on us?

I don't. :smoke:

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Weight-training (when I can...)
Yes
Get high on coffee

Actually I don't know if coffee really makes me focus so much as it invokes euphoric thought provocation.

I try to finish what I

lol

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I am curious.

• How do you manage stress? (mentalities, activities, etc.)
  • Does stress make it hard for you to focus?
  • What do you do to stay focused?
  • Support your answers with examples and reasoning if possible.

Thank you. :)

Being the worlds worst procrastinator I'm used to quite a bit of stress when a deadline or exam is coming up. However, I'm hardly ever overwhelmed by it. In the rare occasions that I am.

* I look at what the cause of my stress is and ask myself how I can resolve the issue, usually this means doing the work I didn't do earlier.

* When I'm stressed I am usually more focused then when I'm not stressed. In general, when I'm not focused I take some time for myself. Get some tea or a beer if it's appropriate at that time and place, and then go do something else for 15 minutes. Sometimes I go for a walk around town or I go to the gym for an hour. Basically, take my mind completely of the task at hand for a while.

* When I'm focused on something and need to remain it, I try to get in flow. If I put on music I make sure it's a playlist of at least a couple of hours so I don't have to go and change it. When I'm at work and I can't listen to music I make sure there are no distractions. I'm a very auditive person though, and can't stand total silence.

*GOA/Psy trance is a genre of music that has 'flow' written all over it for me, it is a fast paced very steady type of trance, that just fades into my head instead of drawing my attention to it, so most of the time when I have to work I put on the Psytrance channel on Digitally Imported - Addictive Electronic Music.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i deal with the stress untill the stressfull situation is over

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
How do you manage stress? (mentalities, activities, etc.)

Distraction, walking outside when it is cold and windy, looking at the moon, focussing on something other than what is plaguing me - going to the museum, reading, etc. Allowing myself to calm down so I can approach the stress with more aplomb than I would in the midst of an internal freakout (which normally has no outward signs except a blank expression).

Also, on occasion airing the thoughts to someone I trust helps immensely. Simply not having to cage them and have them keep bouncing around gaining speed and fervor exponentially within my brain assists in breathing.

Also: riding my motorcycle, being hugged, physical exertion.

Support your answers with examples and reasoning if possible.

The only kind of things that really, truly get to me are the insidious ones - the thoughts or worries that pop into yon brain and can't be confirmed or denied until ye talk to the person involved, as my only real stressors come from other people. This is no comment on the quality of people, but the fact that for everything else in my life - as stressful and hectic as it gets sometimes - the solution lies in my hands, my actions.

Everything else just seems to roll off me like water on vertical glass.

But as it is, I normally tell myself not to worry, and ignore it to get things done. This works until another worry pops up, and another, until... say, a third one occurs, and then I am overwhelmed, unable to function properly. I am reminded of all the normal things - I have too much to do and not enough time to do it, so much work in academics and my job that I don't have time for 'me' much of the time and do what feels like a lot of work in my relationships, too... anyway! This plus the new worries overwhelm me, and I am paralysed. It seems like all my body wishes to do is relax, and I simply cannot focus.

Does stress make it hard for you to focus?

Ha! Last line of the above paragraph.

What do you do to stay focused?

Unless it is absolutely necessary, if I'm past the tipping point I am unable to do so, and need to get out of the funk first. If I am at work I will do as much as possible, or if I have an academic deadline.