• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How you handle STRESS!!!

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Ok so even if most N's are basically chilled out and laid back, we are GOING to get stressed out.

What do you do to relieve the stress?

I take a long walk on the beach by my house. No cell phone, no ipod...nothing. I only stop walking when I forget why I'm there for a few
seconds....then I know it's going to be ok and I can head back. Once I walked 10 miles one way... I walked thru 4 towns worth of beachfront before I could honestly say I was unwinding a bit.

Last edited:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
i pop pills. i go for a walk at this BEAUUUUUUUUUUUTIFUL park with my dog. and i talk to my best friend that is the love of my life but not in a sexual way. haha. i think.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Shut the door to my room, dig out the books, do some exercise, and play a game that involves killing something. :devil:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I drive down into the city and kill a wino, then hide the body carefully under the floorboards in one of the many condemned houses in that area.

Then I go to church and confess and feel much better.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I drive down into the city and kill a wino, then hide the body carefully under the floorboards in one of the many condemned houses in that area.

I thought you killed bunnies on WoW?

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Depends how you define stress...

I'm generally not anxious about things. If I'm annoyed about something or someone I will try to take action and fix the situation. If I'm really stressed I prefer being completely alone... I can read a book or play a musical instrument and it relaxes me a great deal.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ

You never take out any mimes. they scare me. the fewer of them around the better. ;)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Depends which kind of stressed I am. If it's sensory overload, I hide in my room, maybe read and/or sleep or maybe go sit on the porch swing for awhile.

If I'm worried about something I vent and think out loud, maybe do some research about whatever has me worried. Sometimes I ask for opinions or advice and allowed myself to be "talked down" a little.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I react to stress by withdrawing from people; my roommates noticed that at high stress times during the semester, I'd spend all day in my room.

Some destressing things... baths & books (together), naps, kitty cuddles, sex, vibratory delights, sometimes beer, creative activities (cooking is often what I choose), tv on dvd. :)

file cabinet

I took baths at the end of each week (that lasted for a couple of months). was most relaxing when the lights were off.
napping.
being alone.
going for a drive.
focusing on breathing.
laying in the sun.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
go for a walk, sing, listen to music, tv, and internet.....sex

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Withdraw from people and: rant out loud, do breathing and mental control exercises, munch on some chocolate, listen to some music, or sit down and play video games...that may or may not involve killing something.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Remove source of stress until peace ensues again. Then rebuild with peace included. Often including a solution to the stress into the rebuild.

If I'm long term stressed then whilst retracting do stuff which requires little and gives a lot (like watching TV). Once filled with new influences, return to the world anew.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ok so even if most N's are basically chilled out and laid back, we are GOING to get stressed out.

What do you do to relieve the stress?

I take a long walk on the beach by my house. No cell phone, no ipod...nothing. I only stop walking when I forget why I'm there for a few
seconds....then I know it's going to be ok and I can head back. Once I walked 10 miles one way... I walked thru 4 towns worth of beachfront before I could honestly say I was unwinding a bit.

Solitary meditations...

chatoyer

MBTI Type
eNfP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mental distraction, primarily........a vibrant imagination is a terrible thing on the negative side, going down the Alice in Wonderland rabbit hole.

Also, I love those silly-putty material "stress relievers", those Nickelodeon toys, I must have some sensory issues!