• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How you handle STRESS!!!

proximo

Actually I seldom get outwardly stressed, and I'm not usually aware if I am inwardly, either. The first I know of it, if I am, is if I find that just brushing against a wall or lightly hitting my back against a door or something, really hurts. Because my muscles are all so tense and therefore tender. That happens sometimes, but I still don't really realise what the cause of it is. I can seldom point to something and say "I'm stressed because X is making me feel Y".

Most stuff just turns into anger, if it's bad stuff, and if that builds up to a point that's unpleasant enough for me to notice or to impinge on how I feel, I just get drunk til I pass out. Then it's gone in the morning. I don't really need to do that more often than say, once every couple of months, though if the stress is particularly bad (like a family member dying and me having to do all the arrangements for example) then I'll probably spend a good couple of weeks mostly either drunk or hungover, until I realise I'm making more than one trip to the bottle bank per week to keep enough room on my desk to see the PC screen past the bottles. Then I figure it's time to kick it, and I stop. Yep, just like that :)

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
You cut it up and eat in in small, reasonable bites.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
  • How do you manage stress? (mentalities, activities, etc.)

• When I'm extremely stressed, I usually go into high gear problem solving mode. I feel better once I've gotten some answers.
    To destress, I go for walks, write, sit outside at night or in the rain, listen to music, socialize, and take long baths.

[*]Does stress make it hard for you to focus?
    No. Stress makes me hyperfocus. I'm very calm under high stress. It's also the only time I really do things in an orderly, methodical fashion. The hyperfocus drives me to go without food and sleep sometimes, so I have to make a conscious effort to remember my body.