• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

why the f$%^ am I so angry?!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it'd be a call in show... and I'd need a sidekick! :holy:

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I just got the ultimate bitch slap from those who I had been raised to beleive would protect me, and I got it at the most vulnerable moment... and it made me mad :thelook:

when younger I just got mad about things like inequality... you know, the basic stuff that people should be irked by :)

Yep, I'd say that's the source of your anger.

check out this vid. It might help.

[YOUTUBE="nN_G3nU778s"].[/YOUTUBE]

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
all the coffee you'd like Oberon! :coffee: And who could resist the wonderful perverseness of an ExTP radio show!

and I've tried forgiving, but this really isn't something forgivable... or maybe I'm not a very nice person, but yeah... Some people do things that are beyond the scope of me being able to forgive :blush:

O

Oberon

all the coffee you'd like Oberon! :coffee: And who could resist the wonderful perverseness of an ExTP radio show!

Well then, count me in! :D

and I've tried forgiving, but this really isn't something forgivable... or maybe I'm not a very nice person, but yeah... Some people do things that are beyond the scope of me being able to forgive :blush:

Remember, whatevs, forgiving someone doesn't really benefit them in the long run... it benefits you. If you don't find a way to let it go, this issue may do you serious long-term harm.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well then, count me in! :D

wonder how long it would take for them to boot us to satellite radio for maturity ratings :ninja:

Remember, whatevs, forgiving someone doesn't really benefit them in the long run... it benefits you. If you don't find a way to let it go, this issue may do you serious long-term harm.

I'm aware of that point... but what they did wasn't something that's really easily forgivable at all... I'm mad at them, I'm mad at the justice system, I'm mad at the unfairness of the whole thing... I'm still mad at me, even though years of therapy have told me that it isn't my fault. The fucking police told me that it was and that I got what I had coming to me :steam:

I'm even more angry at the knowlege that the same thing happens to people every day and they get the same response... where is justice? :(

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

What's the fantasy that you torture yourself with? Do you think that the people who wronged you will ever apologize for it? Like they'll come back and confess to you about their wrong doings? This won't happen and while you're disgruntled and expecting them to apologize to you, you're dishing out your pains on other people through your anger. You're passing the torture forward to others.

While you're wishing for that fantasy scenario to happen to you, they are living their lives. When you forgive, it's entirely for your own sake, to move on and stop torturing yourself. It doesn't involve the other person at all.

O

Oberon

I'm aware of that point... but what they did wasn't something that's really easily forgivable at all... I'm mad at them, I'm mad at the justice system, I'm mad at the unfairness of the whole thing... I'm still mad at me, even though years of therapy have told me that it isn't my fault. The fucking police told me that it was and that I got what I had coming to me :steam:

Well, getting over it may be the biggest challenge you ever face in your life... but get over it you must, or it could kill you.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I need to get over it or my coping mechanisms will kill me :shock:

I've always had an overdeveloped sense of justice... this just smacked all of the idealism out of it... and that law enforcement would tell me that it was my fault... how am I supposed to react to that? Especially when I've come to the conclusion that no matter what happens the law hates me? :thelook:

O

Oberon

I need to get over it or my coping mechanisms will kill me :shock:

Eh... poor choice of terms. And I don't mean "get over it" in the conventional glib sense, either.

What I really mean is some way to make some sort of peace within yourself with the people responsible for the event.

Or, yes, the resulting stress could shorten your life, or drive risky behaviors that will REALLY shorten your life.

EDIT: Eh... forget it, whatevs. I'm talking about crap I know almost nothing about.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
risky behavior ftw! :cheers:

distractions with Se... brought to you by whatever! :holy:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I'm even more angry at the knowlege that the same thing happens to people every day and they get the same response... where is justice? :(

Justice and the system is crap :hug: No I have never been through anything like this...its just my percieved opinion...its better then nothing, but still crap.

risky behavior ftw! :cheers:

distractions with Se... brought to you by whatever! :holy:
:yes:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yes, If this were movie world I'd strike back :devil:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
lol... going off and being antisocial... that would be tempting until it would occur to me that I'm not the most interesting company for me since I always know what I'm going to say (ok... sometimes aware :doh:)

I'd probably be the one working hard to set injustices straight and getting my own personal revenge... all with cool special effects and a badass costume :2ar15:

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I have a nice home, a wonderful man, a loving family and my job plans are even starting to pan out... and yet somewhere in the back of my mind, and in my muscles, I feel an overwhelming need to punch something :shock:

I don't get it... it's like underneath the surface I'm amazingly angry about something... and I can't even figure out what! I've always been known for having a flash temper in my family and by my friends- I'm quick to set off and I get over the actual being angry quite quickly as well... but for some reason, for just about as long as I can remember, there's been some sense of being angry sitting somewhere farther back in my mind

I KNOW it's not right- I have nothing to be mad about that consistently... and to express it towards someone or something undeserving is against my beleifs in decency and politeness... so it just sits there and waits and occasionally seeps out a bit towards those who are deemed deserving of some snark

I've spent years in therapy, I used to box, I get plenty of exercize and it won't leave... I don't know why :unsure:

why the fuck can't I just be normal? I can't even think of a reason for this! Anyone else identify... or better yet- does anyone have a solution that works? :)

I don't know what type of therapy you've been getting, but psychoanalysis would help you get to the root of the problem. Also, make sure it isn't something physical, like hyperthyroidism or some other hormone abnormality (see a doctor).

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol... going off and being antisocial... that would be tempting until it would occur to me that I'm not the most interesting company for me since I always know what I'm going to say (ok... sometimes aware :doh:)

I'd probably be the one working hard to set injustices straight and getting my own personal revenge... all with cool special effects and a badass costume :2ar15:

Ill get you my number so I can be a side-kick at times...I want the fun, but I cant commit to it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah... I'll let you play with weapons and help make bombs and such! :cheese:

I might have to involve my sis for the whole "helping stay committed" part... especially since the concept of vengance appeals to her in a way!