• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

why the f$%^ am I so angry?!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love punching bags... I tend to give the one in the gym a few vicious punches whenever I walk past it! :)

I also bicycle and swim, but can't run because of my knee... sadly, I'll catch myself being angry when swimming or bicycling even... I'm not quite sure why :doh: That's the type of situation where you're supposed to work anger OFF! :blush:

Little_Sticks

Break something stupid that you have that you don't care about? Sometimes it helps...especially if it hurts, the pain shocks your mind and suddenly you don't care anymore.

Okay, feel awkward, leaving the thread now :emot-emo: :emot-emo:

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I have a nice home, a wonderful man, a loving family and my job plans are even starting to pan out... and yet somewhere in the back of my mind, and in my muscles, I feel an overwhelming need to punch something :shock:

I don't get it... it's like underneath the surface I'm amazingly angry about something... and I can't even figure out what! I've always been known for having a flash temper in my family and by my friends- I'm quick to set off and I get over the actual being angry quite quickly as well... but for some reason, for just about as long as I can remember, there's been some sense of being angry sitting somewhere farther back in my mind

I KNOW it's not right- I have nothing to be mad about that consistently... and to express it towards someone or something undeserving is against my beleifs in decency and politeness... so it just sits there and waits and occasionally seeps out a bit towards those who are deemed deserving of some snark

I've spent years in therapy, I used to box, I get plenty of exercize and it won't leave... I don't know why :unsure:

why the fuck can't I just be normal? I can't even think of a reason for this! Anyone else identify... or better yet- does anyone have a solution that works? :)
Well, what do you think it is you're angry about? Even if you have to guess?

wolfy

awsm
Think of your anger as a gift. I suppose you could punish the evil at night.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
What is with all of the fluffy creative outlet stuff?

Clearly the only answer here is that Whatever is really an evil villain still in the "I'm not quite sure yet if I'm suppose to be evil or not" stage. :) You'll get there whatever.

... And when you do. Hurry up and invent a death ray. We can be partners.

Mole

Permabanned
I found in Reichian therapy my anger was actually exuberance. This was a nice discovery to make, so I now let my exuberance out, a little bit at a time every day. But when I dance, I let it all out.

I did have though a girlfriend with unquenchable anger. At first I was immensely impressed by her, but as time went by I could see she was not exuberant but simply possessed by anger.

I was immensely disappointed as I thought I had found a fellow exuberant.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
You sound like me. I'm always irritable and angry.

In my state there is medical marijuana and they have these THC drops (tincture) that I put in tea. It allows my mind and body to relax, and is a very mild high (I don't like the high from smoking pot, for reference).

I used to take it, and it looks like I need to start again.

It's a shame it's mostly illegal. :(

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is this anger with yourself or with what people do? If its with what people do, is it with what they do to you or what they do to other people? If its with yourself is it what you do to others or with the way you are?

MBTI Type
INFP
I have a nice home, a wonderful man, a loving family and my job plans are even starting to pan out... and yet somewhere in the back of my mind, and in my muscles, I feel an overwhelming need to punch something :shock:

Property, relationships, and job plans don't amount to much when it comes to being happy inside. It's all about your mind.

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Going off of what Victor said, I'm going to venture a wild guess and say it is not anger, or at least a malicious thing that you are "feeling."

I used to try to figure out things that drove me insane, but I found out for myself that after a reasonable amount of talking to others/introspection/analysis, if I'm still stuck with whatever's bothering me and I can't really resolve it or give it closure, then I should just shelve it for a little bit.

Sometimes I'd find out that I just woke up in a bad mood or was making up my own problems. Good luck miss.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ

I don't get it... it's like underneath the surface I'm amazingly angry about something... and I can't even figure out what! I've always been known for having a flash temper in my family and by my friends- I'm quick to set off and I get over the actual being angry quite quickly as well... but for some reason, for just about as long as I can remember, there's been some sense of being angry sitting somewhere farther back in my mind

I KNOW it's not right- I have nothing to be mad about that consistently... and to express it towards someone or something undeserving is against my beleifs in decency and politeness... so it just sits there and waits and occasionally seeps out a bit towards those who are deemed deserving of some snark

I've spent years in therapy, I used to box, I get plenty of exercize and it won't leave... I don't know why :unsure:

why the fuck can't I just be normal? I can't even think of a reason for this! Anyone else identify... or better yet- does anyone have a solution that works? :)

I have the same issue about my anger. It's there, ready to pounce.

Here's food for thought:

The first step to fully expressing anger is to divorce the other person from any responsibility for our anger. We rid ourselves of thoughrs such as, "he (or she or they) made me angry when they did that." Such thinking leads us to express our anger superficially by blaming or punishing the other person....We are never angry because of what someone else did. We can identify the other person's behaviour as the stimulus, but it is important to establish a clear separation between stimulus and cause.....

Where guilt is a tactic of manipulation and coercion, it is useful to confuse stimulus and cause. As mentioned earlier, children who hear, "It hurts Mommy and Daddy when you get poor grades," are led to believe that their behavior is the cause of their parents' pain. The same dynamic is observed among intimate partners: "It really disappoints me when you're not here for my birthday." The English language facilitates the use of this guilt-inducing tactic.

We say: "You make me angry." "You hurt me by doing that." "I feel sad because you did that." We use our language in many different ways to trick ourselves into believing that our feelings result from what others do. The first step in the process of fully expressing our anger is to realize that what other people do is never the cause of how we feel.

So what is the cause of anger?....whenever we are angry, we are finding fault - we are choosing to play God by judging or blaming the other person for being wrong or deserving punishment. I would like to suggest that this is the cause of anger. Even if we are not initially conscious of it, the cause of anger lies in our own thinking - in thoughts of blame and judgment.

from the book Nonviolent Communication A Language of Life by Marshall B. Rosenberg, Ph.D.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I may have put my finger on it in my blog... perhaps I shall become a vengance seeking vigilante or something :2ar15:

thank you guys :) it turns out that I have a very good reason to be pissed off with the world! :holy:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
thank god that's not true... or I'd be typing from the women's pen out in rockville now :laugh:

O

Oberon

thank god that's not true... or I'd be typing from the women's pen out in rockville now :laugh:

If the judge and the prosecutor knew him they'd let you plead down to reckless endangerment, and you'd get time served and maybe a thank-you card.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
or maybe they'd just bury him on the grounds for a death sentence in a way :shock:

I'm in Indiana... I'd get a parade for that! :laugh:

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
If there wasn't a time where you were 'normal', then what you are now if your normal.

Anger isn't the problem. The lack of control is. If you can figure out how to make money being as angry as you want, that's basically gold.

Idealists (not particularly the NF variety) are the most angry because when life doesn't work in the way they command of it, they get ticked off. The source of the anger is high expectations and unrealistic demands on life. One of which is the notion that everyone should be happy and normal. This expectation of course would drive someone mad when life shows it's full value.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just got the ultimate bitch slap from those who I had been raised to beleive would protect me, and I got it at the most vulnerable moment... and it made me mad :thelook:

when younger I just got mad about things like inequality... you know, the basic stuff that people should be irked by :)