• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

why the f$%^ am I so angry?!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
distractions are the greatest thing ever!!!! :yay:

the less time I spend thinking the happier I am :blush:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think anger, like depression, is a sign that we are out of sync with how we are instinctively made to live. If you think about how for millions of years homo sapiens have been evolving into this body and way of being, our innate natural instincts are what is the default in us. However, over just a thousand years or so, and especially in the last 100, we have begun living in distinctly different ways than evolution prepared us for. This disparity is what causes us to experience grief on many levels; physical, emotional, sexual, spiritual, etc. Anger, depression, denial are all part of that natural response; it's nature's way of telling us something is not right. I disagree with modern thinking that happiness is not to be expected. Anthropologists found in studying cultures untouched by modern progress, that the people were inherently happy, although they had hard lives, and they didn't even really understand the concept of depression--nor have a word for it. They did not grieve as commonly as we grieve. We grieve chronically. There are so many layers it is difficult to see.

What to do? Live as instinctively as you can. Listen to your instincts. Simplify your life. Live with less. Desire less. Work more. Rest better. I firmly believe this is a common and collective problem, but it shouldn't be 'normal.' Only by living more closely to how we were meant to live, will we feel right within ourselves, and that will overflow into our families and even culture.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have a nice home, a wonderful man, a loving family and my job plans are even starting to pan out... and yet somewhere in the back of my mind, and in my muscles, I feel an overwhelming need to punch something :shock:

I don't get it... it's like underneath the surface I'm amazingly angry about something... and I can't even figure out what! I've always been known for having a flash temper in my family and by my friends- I'm quick to set off and I get over the actual being angry quite quickly as well... but for some reason, for just about as long as I can remember, there's been some sense of being angry sitting somewhere farther back in my mind

I KNOW it's not right- I have nothing to be mad about that consistently... and to express it towards someone or something undeserving is against my beleifs in decency and politeness... so it just sits there and waits and occasionally seeps out a bit towards those who are deemed deserving of some snark

I've spent years in therapy, I used to box, I get plenty of exercize and it won't leave... I don't know why :unsure:

why the fuck can't I just be normal? I can't even think of a reason for this! Anyone else identify... or better yet- does anyone have a solution that works? :)

Could be a biological issue. The biochemical reactions in your brain may function differently due to structural inefficiencies. Some individuals are more aggressive than others and are prone to violent outbursts due to genetic factors; which has been known for some time now.

If it is biological, there is nothing that can be performed to correct it at the moment. Hopefully in the future, some form of legalized eugenics will be utilized to help individuals (and society) with your problem.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Were not off topic we are helping Se with distraction :) Then she cant blame her coping skills, but our distraction skills.

:yes: Some of us know our -STPs, especially Poki, who is one!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I actually explained it a few pages back, and in my blog... that there IS a reason... and it keeps in theme of the fact that my life is too much like a movie :dry:

but AA is right in a way... nature is my happy place... I feel more at peace there :)

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
If it is biological, there is nothing that can be performed to correct it at the moment. Hopefully in the future, some form of legalized eugenics will be utilized to help individuals (and society) with your problem.

:huh: Pardon? I'm truly hoping I misunderstood the implications of that comment.

But I don't think so...

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
seemingly he missed this quote, which if he read it might make him seem more like an asshole, but being lex, he probably read it and is that much of a bastard anyways :laugh:

CRIME VICTIM... NOT PSYCHO KILLER :rolli:

I'm aware of that point... but what they did wasn't something that's really easily forgivable at all... I'm mad at them, I'm mad at the justice system, I'm mad at the unfairness of the whole thing... I'm still mad at me, even though years of therapy have told me that it isn't my fault. The fucking police told me that it was and that I got what I had coming to me :steam:

I'm even more angry at the knowlege that the same thing happens to people every day and they get the same response... where is justice? :(

Windigo

I have a nice home, a wonderful man, a loving family and my job plans are even starting to pan out... and yet somewhere in the back of my mind, and in my muscles, I feel an overwhelming need to punch something :shock:

I don't get it... it's like underneath the surface I'm amazingly angry about something... and I can't even figure out what! I've always been known for having a flash temper in my family and by my friends- I'm quick to set off and I get over the actual being angry quite quickly as well... but for some reason, for just about as long as I can remember, there's been some sense of being angry sitting somewhere farther back in my mind

I KNOW it's not right- I have nothing to be mad about that consistently... and to express it towards someone or something undeserving is against my beleifs in decency and politeness... so it just sits there and waits and occasionally seeps out a bit towards those who are deemed deserving of some snark

I've spent years in therapy, I used to box, I get plenty of exercize and it won't leave... I don't know why :unsure:

why the fuck can't I just be normal? I can't even think of a reason for this! Anyone else identify... or better yet- does anyone have a solution that works? :)

My mom was an ESTP and had the same problem . . . .
I think it is the need for continual fun and adventure. You need to plan some more fun in your life . . . even if you have to go it alone. ESTPs like challenges . . . maybe your life is too predictable?

Also, do you feel taken advantage of by your family because they don't SHOW their love to you in the way you need? Maybe you need to have a shared adventure but hubby doesn't really like having fun in the same way you do?

(These are just guesses).

Anyway, here's hoping that you are able to gain insight. :hug:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah... I'm threatening to go mountain biking on Sunday if I can get through the traffic... doing nothing makes me introspect and introspection drives me mad... I guess Se need for bread and circuises as opposed to thinking :blush:

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
the less time I spend thinking the happier I am :blush:

DEFINITELY!
i always struggle against that too - thinking is the bane of my existence, haha.
i always want to express my heart and the force of my soul, and thinking just gets in the way! haha.

I think anger, like depression, is a sign that we are out of sync with how we are instinctively made to live. If you think about how for millions of years homo sapiens have been evolving into this body and way of being, our innate natural instincts are what is the default in us. However, over just a thousand years or so, and especially in the last 100, we have begun living in distinctly different ways than evolution prepared us for. This disparity is what causes us to experience grief on many levels; physical, emotional, sexual, spiritual, etc. Anger, depression, denial are all part of that natural response; it's nature's way of telling us something is not right. I disagree with modern thinking that happiness is not to be expected. Anthropologists found in studying cultures untouched by modern progress, that the people were inherently happy, although they had hard lives, and they didn't even really understand the concept of depression--nor have a word for it. They did not grieve as commonly as we grieve. We grieve chronically. There are so many layers it is difficult to see.

What to do? Live as instinctively as you can. Listen to your instincts. Simplify your life. Live with less. Desire less. Work more. Rest better. I firmly believe this is a common and collective problem, but it shouldn't be 'normal.' Only by living more closely to how we were meant to live, will we feel right within ourselves, and that will overflow into our families and even culture.

AWESOME!!

i think you have it figured out!
i have nothing to add, haha.

gromit

likes this
yeah... I'm threatening to go mountain biking on Sunday if I can get through the traffic... doing nothing makes me introspect and introspection drives me mad... I guess Se need for bread and circuises as opposed to thinking :blush:

Yeah I can totally relate to this! I get super depressed when I'm by myself inside all day. I spent the weekend splitting/stacking wood and gardening at my aunt's house, and I was happy as a clam. :huh: I don't know where that expression comes from.

Oh wait... I thought this was your blog. Oh well, I'll post it anyway. Hope you got your bike ride in! :wubbie:

Being outside also makes the food taste SO GOOD, too. :D