• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I don't know how much more I can take.

gromit

likes this
Does vicodin have bad reactions with valium?

Also, whenever I have dreams about losing teeth it's always because there are new ones growing in underneath. And once I had whale baleen instead of teeth, though I don't know what that has to do with anything.

Weird... I just had a teeth dream last night.

They were all breaking and falling out and I could taste blood and I could feel the pieces of teeth so clearly. Then I couldn't handle it anymore and I just started spitting all the pieces out into my hand. I felt better once I knew how many good teeth I had left and also I didn't have to worry that a piece would choke me or get lodged in my food.

I felt a sense of tenderness and liberation... :D

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
You did the worst thing possible by watching those videos.

It´s better to just go to your dentist and ask for general anestesia. That´s what I´m going to do with my upper wisdom teeth. The lower ones are ok.

And, mixing medications is not a good idea, at least for me and any other high-blood pressure victim.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
never never research something like that online! Everyone will talk about the worst case scenarios! :doh:

I really had no problem with mine- I was sedated and had all 4 removed at the same time when I was 22... I apparently went on a long, paranoid babble about fearing that someone was going to steal my shoes when under and asked them if they'd care to sell me some of the drugs I was on, but I don't remember that at all :dry:

I had no problems with recovery either- and all they prescribed me was extra strength tylenol :laugh:

colma

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I had all mine removed at once and it wasn't a big deal. Except the hygienist left the gas on to high and I fell out of the dental chair! hahahah... they still joke about it. :doh:

You shouldn't worry about it. 2cents :newwink:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are they putting you to sleep for it, Hap?
If you can opt for that, I would.

Still, what helps me is just thinking long-term.
I just got my permanent crown in today.
I had three appts: The first was a root canal (two weeks ago), the second was the temp cap (last week), and this was pretty basic -- taking out the temp cap, fitting the permanent one, and then cementing it in. It was the easiest of the three.

I won't lie and say the others were fun, but what I told myself was "This too shall pass." All you have to do is endure and zone out during the procedure, and then it's over, and then your body recovers. Time marches on. For things I cannot avoid, this is the strategy I take: All I have to do is outlast the problem, and then I win and it's over. The end result is a win, I just have to hang in there and get to it. Still, the whole time, the dental asst kept patting me on the shoulder and telling me I'd be okay, she was very sweet; I realized I would constantly tense up during the procedures and would have to make myself relax. I am generally tough but I just really don't like invasive procedures, and the whole idea of them doing is what bothered me more, I think.

Meanwhile, you can get some good drugs to help you out. I have a bunch of vicodin. I have not used valium. Vicodin for me seems less to reduce pain and more just makes my mind fuzzy so I don't seem to notice pain as much. I don't know if others have had that experience?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Why? You probably have a rational fear of blood. Think about why you feel that way. It's not a crazy thing to have fear of blood.

I'm afraid because I know I will have a panic attack. Even when I manage to calm myself down I have a panic attack. Even when I think it's not such a big deal, all of the sudden I've fainted on the floor. And that makes me terrified for the next time, and so I have another panic attack.

I fear because I fear.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Weird... I just had a teeth dream last night.

They were all breaking and falling out and I could taste blood and I could feel the pieces of teeth so clearly. Then I couldn't handle it anymore and I just started spitting all the pieces out into my hand. I felt better once I knew how many good teeth I had left and also I didn't have to worry that a piece would choke me or get lodged in my food.

I felt a sense of tenderness and liberation... :D

Whenever I have a losing-teeth dream, I always begin losing them because I find out I have another set underneath. The dream always ends with the realization that I have to go through the terror of teeth -- losing, blood, braces, cavities -- again, and likely over and over and over again until I die...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
This feeling of not being able to breathe is going to last the whole year, isn't it?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Is this can't-breatheness bad for me, or good for me?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow Haph. That is bad.

Is it is the anesthesia that is bothering you?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Wow Haph. That is bad.

Is it is the anesthesia that is bothering you?

Cleaning up afterwards is what's bothering me

And that it's bothering me is bothering me

And that it's been days is bothering me

And that I can't stand up without getting winded is bothering me.

And that it's my ninth grade biology teacher's fault that I will never have a normal life is bothering me.

gromit

likes this
Cleaning up afterwards is what's bothering me

And that it's bothering me is bothering me

And that it's been days is bothering me

And that I can't stand up without getting winded is bothering me.

And that it's my ninth grade biology teacher's fault that I will never have a normal life is bothering me.

I didn't have any blood or anything after the procedure. I just had to avoid sucking on a straw and eating certain kinds of food for a few days... I am pretty sure that's the case for most people. You just see the worst case scenario when you're looking online.

Have you had panic attacks about other things before, or just this?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I didn't have any blood or anything after the procedure. I just had to avoid sucking on a straw and eating certain kinds of food for a few days... I am pretty sure that's the case for most people. You just see the worst case scenario when you're looking online.

Have you had panic attacks about other things before, or just this?

I've seen my brother.

I've had at least a thousand of these panic attacks.

gromit

likes this
It's not scheduled yet but I know it's coming because the teeth are mostly grown and they're still in soft tissue.

Have you talked to the dentist about it? You might not even need to get them removed if there's enough room in your mouth. Also, the dentist could probably describe to you the after-effects of the procedure better than random people online, because it would be tailored to the situation with YOUR mouth.

Sorry you're feeling so scared... :hug:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
It doesn't really matter, a speck is the same as bleeding profusely.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've seen my brother.

I've had at least a thousand of these panic attacks.

People get this all the time. This is a very low risk procedure. I would get on some good anti anxiety med. It sounds like you're wallowing in sorrows that came from your own mind.