• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I don't know how much more I can take.

gromit

likes this
Well... for now, I'd recommend watching a movie or reading a book or something, to get your mind off of it. It is easy to fixate on something scary or anxiety-inducing, and usually that's the least helpful thing to do. So if you can do something... play basketball with a friend, watch a funny movie, whatever helps you to not think about it for a little while, that's probably best for now, until you can find out whether you actually need the procedure.

Hang in there...!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you talked to the dentist about it? You might not even need to get them removed if there's enough room in your mouth. Also, the dentist could probably describe to you the after-effects of the procedure better than random people online, because it would be tailored to the situation with YOUR mouth.

Sorry you're feeling so scared... :hug:

No I think it needs to be done. The comfort zone is too small. People need to go through this stuff to get over it.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
People get this all the time. This is a very low risk procedure. I would get on some good anti anxiety med. It sounds like you're wallowing in sorrows that came from your own mind.

It doesn't really matter if it's low risk if I'm in the bathroom taking gauze out when I faint and hit my head on the sink, and nobody cares because nobody cares, and then I'm laying there while my concussion forms.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It doesn't really matter if it's low risk if I'm in the bathroom taking gauze out when I faint and hit my head on the sink, and nobody cares because nobody cares, and then I'm laying there while my concussion forms.

Does this sound realistic to you?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It sounds like you have some severe anxiety. Have you considered seeking help about this? It isn't healthy or normal to think this way. (I'm not saying this in a judging way, i've suffered some awful panic and anxiety as well). I'm just saying, there's absolutely no reason for you to have to live in fear all the time.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
There is a reason, and it's that therapists are quacks.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Not all therapy is bogus.

You clearly have an anxiety disorder of some kind. Cognitive therapy, perhaps mixed with exposure therapy, may help you.

If that does not work, try anxiety medication.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

hahaha.
I agree. They never worked for me.
At the same time, it's like, would you rather be walking around in extreme fear all the time, or just happy and normal? Someone can at least put you on some meds to bring down that anxiety level just enough for you to be able to straighten out your own thoughts, even if you don't talk to a therapist. You have to do something for yourself. Right now this surgery seems to be just a big reservoir for your anxiety.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Not all therapy is bogus.

You clearly have an anxiety disorder of some kind. Cognitive therapy, perhaps mixed with exposure therapy, may help you.

If that does not work, try anxiety medication.

I do not like cognitive therapy. I do not like it at all.

I'm not going back. I'd rather stab myself with a kitchen knife.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do not like cognitive therapy. I do not like it at all.

I'm not going back. I'd rather stab myself with a kitchen knife.

What's so bad about it? Is it really worse than what you have now?

And why not take the anxiety medication, then?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

Cognitive therapy is just like this, only somebody else is watching closely with a clipboard.

Medication ruins your life. I just have to look at my father.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cognitive therapy is just like this, only somebody else is watching closely with a clipboard.

So I ask again: Is that worse than your panic attacks and constant anxiety?

Medication ruins your life. I just have to look at my father.

I don't know your father's specific situation, but I do know that he's only one person, and you shouldn't make your decision on a personal anecdote.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I don't know if this is the same case with you, Haph. But I remember that the idea of taking the anxiety medication would actually make me anxious. Side effects and what not. I'm a pretty reasonable person, and I couldn't even seem to reason with myself about why to take those medications. They just made me anxious. Being anxious made me anxious. It's a horrible vicious cycle. Unfortunately modern science hasn't come up with great ways to stop anxiety, but you have to find your own. Whatever works for you. I think you should try the medications for a while. Strong ones. Ativan, even. Or whatever the physician recommends. Just to bring you to a level where you are not terrified and can think straight. That is the first step.

(Just read the father thing)
Despite popular belief, medications don't ruin everyone's life. Anxiety can be fixed unlike a lot of other diseases and disorders, and you do not have to stay on the meds. Just take them for now. And take it day by day. Every situation is different. I'm rambling. The main thing is that you get away from where you are now.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I think if I had someone to take care of me, this would not be so big of an issue.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think if I had someone to take care of me, this would not be so big of an issue.

How old are you? If I remember right, you're still kind of young.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

This doesn't have to be a situation where you are dependent on a care-taker. It really doesn't have to be that bad.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm 17.

Mother's busy, father's apathetic, grandma's insane, brother's stupid. No good friends.

No one.

Parental support is really important. At the same time, magic is right. You can handle this on your own. It is not impossible. It also has seemed that you are the type of person who likes to make decisions for yourself and be independent- just a vibe. (I am the same way.) The extra support and care might not be necessary. You can decide for yourself what's going to help you. While support might be helpful, you are going to need to help yourself.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm never allowed to be dependent on anyone for any period of time. Got it. Just like Dad said, that's why he sent me to therapy.