• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Online Behavior

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I am exactly the same, except for my grammar. My grammar is always poor when I'm thinking and talking at the same time.

sculpting

i have been a lot less impulsive on the forums here than in real life. probably more articulate and more measured, more contemplative i think, on the forums.
i am trying to work on that now, trying to translate the snap in my step so that it reads on the internet. ;)

Odd. I am FAR more silly and impulsive, even emo, on the forum than IRL. I actually share all of the crazy stuff that pops in my head online. IRL Normally I just sit quietly and pretend like I am perfectly normal.

F

figsfiggyfigs

^ hahaahh " pretend like I am perfectly normal" that gave me the cutest image of a school boy sitting on a chair right after putting a tack on his teachers chair :laugh:.

P

Phantonym

Odd. I am FAR more silly and impulsive, even emo, on the forum than IRL. I actually share all of the crazy stuff that pops in my head online. IRL Normally I just sit quietly and pretend like I am perfectly normal.

That's exactly how I am as well. Although, in "real life", I actually happen to think that I am perfectly normal when I sit quietly, think and observe others. :laugh:

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
I find I am better at articulating my thoughts online than offline.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Poetry, after all, does nothing, poetry just is. Poetry has no need to explain itself, yet everyone asks, scratching their heads, "What does the poem mean?".

Poetry, like music means what ever the individual wants it to mean, and that meaning can change. I believe it means a great deal to whom ever is taking meaning from it. But your poetry is also prose Victor and one can deduce meaning as long as they are trying; however, like poetry, it can have several meanings :)

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm more reserved on line I guess. I feel more comfortable talking then writing/typing. When I'm using vent or other voice programs I am more myself.

Iriohm

MBTI Type
INKP
Enneagram
5w4
Do you behave differently in online in interactions than you do in real life interactions? How so? (e.g. more aggressive, plan what you're going to say more, etc.)

Yes. I'm far more extraverted than I am normally, though "sane insanity" level is roughly the same. Also, writing posts instead of speaking them gives me a chance to talk freely and fluently without the pressure of even having another person in the room, so I can think through what I'm saying, and not trip over my words.

Mole

Permabanned
Poetry, like music means what ever the individual wants it to mean, and that meaning can change. I believe it means a great deal to whom ever is taking meaning from it. But your poetry is also prose Victor and one can deduce meaning as long as they are trying; however, like poetry, it can have several meanings :)

And the meaning of any post is its response.

And any post of mine can't do without your response, anymore than I.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'd say that I'm more likely to be more open, given the fact that my online identities are significantly less associated with my real identity. Furthermore, I seem to say less about my seething disdain for those who have no sense of tact when it comes to topics regarding disasters, wars, ETC.

Mole

Permabanned
I've had three American girlfriends as I thought the best way to learn the culture was on the pillow. So meeting Americans online is the first time I have met them en masse.

And I must say, I am appalled.

It's one thing meeting an individual American here but to meet them en masse is something else altogether.

I walked up to the Australian National Art Gallery the other day and was looking at paintings by the Australian painter, Albert Tucker.

Albert also met Americans en masse for the first time in Melbourne during the war, and he was appalled.

He was so appalled he made a series of paintings called, "Images of Evil", where he depicted American soldiers as pig-like, grinning and clutching the meager frames of young women in bawdy red lipstick, as if possessions or prizes of war, representing a clear confusion as to what war actually reaps.

But, of course, you reap what you sow.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Online, I discuss any topic I find interesting. I also give more personal information. It seems strange to feel more comfortable sharing with strangers that I will never meet. In person, I speak far less. Faaar less.

wolfy

awsm
I think I am pretty similar off and online. What feedback I get from people off and on about me is pretty much the same.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Im friendlier and more expressive on here than in real life.

Mole

Permabanned
I am chuffed to say being online is not about the individual but about the electronic tribe.

We feel our individually slipping away and so we cling to it. So we our individual selves become the content while our psyches are being transformed.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think I'm too different online and in real life.

As as far as others, people are a lot ballsier with what they say online. I think the lack of a person in front of them physically removes some of the filter and people are more cruel to each other as a result.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, I am way way more reserved online than IRL. It’s harder to read people and to be read without seeing or hearing others. I need that physical layer.