• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Online Behavior

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not consciously "behaving out of character", but I'm much more sarcastic irl, among others.

Sizzling Berry

MBTI Type
INFP
It depends if you mean online like here or online chat in gmail, facebook etc. When chatting I tend to behave pretty much the same as in real life. I tolarate longer pauses though.
If you mean this kind of online I give my opinions more freely via a computer.

Jaguar

It's probably a good idea this forum is moderated.
Otherwise, some people would find out what I really think of them. ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm just lucky that tone and facial expressions don't fully translate in some cases :cheese:

and I'm not saying when :devil:

Othon

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm FEEL more open with deep thought, and I can articulate my thoughts better only because they're presented in writing.

The key word is feel; I'm not sure that I AM more open online as I often get the lazies ("I COULD think this out and put it into writing via two large paragraphs. . . Or I could not ^_^"). Obviously the latter isn't the issue in person, and the biggest hinderances are lack of eloquence and political correctness.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I havent met myself in real life but I'd say im probably about the same.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I would never get into as many arguments with strangers as I do online. I'm more serious offline too.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
i'm probably a lot less serious irl than here.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I sing more in real life. Online... um, I could sing while typing, but no one would hear me except for the cats and my mom (not my dad, he's getting deafer by the minute!).

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm much more open about the inner workings of my mind here, my private thoughts and whatnot. I can indulge more, so perhaps I'm more energetic online.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
IRL I'm more nurturing that I am here and I'm not as angry as some people imagine I am. Being on-line is more like a game to me a lot of the time.

I've noticed that most people are different in PM than they are publically, even.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
depends where I'm posting and what kind of population the message board is made up of. Just like in real life.

My 'persona' on this board is merely a skeleton of its real self, which is multidimensional and inconsistent. I also don't really care about my posts here.

this

and I don't have the benefit of "reading" the person I'm talking to while talking to them online... so figuring out boundaries and such can be a bit more difficult... I'm expressive in real life and I compulsively read other people's faces and movements as well... not to have that makes communicating more difficult :cry:

dat Se

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've noticed that most people are different in PM than they are publically, even.

yeah... I'm usually a bit smarter behind the scenes than in front of them... :blush:

the stuff I tend to elaborate on probably isn't the stuff that most people care to hear about anyways... like survey design and linguistic patterns! :holy:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm the same i think.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I care less about not offending people online.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I care less about not offending people online.

ha! ya know what...i actually think i'm the opposite. i think i trust my ability to say things a certain way irl much more than i do in print.

Phoenix_400

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm about the same. I try to be a very much "what you see is what you get" type of person. I am a little less reserved online.

...And a little more articulate online since I don't have the southern accent to work around. (Ah dew type like ah talk every now'n again, just fer shits-n-grins).:newwink:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm much nicer in the flesh.