• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New typology: Millon personality styles/disorders

Which Millon type is your best fit?

• Total voters

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Uh I suppose Sociable/Histrionic with occasional retreats into Cooperative/Dependent

KDude

This is too negative. Life doesn't have to be all unicorns and shit, but.... Wait, correction.. life is unicorns AND shit. Not just shit, as this "typology" would indicate.

Nonconforming/Antisocial

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Reminds me of the NPA personality theory a bit, where there is a placement and emphasis on negative connotations to personality. Having said that probably shy/avoidant too.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Shy/avoidant. Definitely.

I dunno about those subtypes though. None of them made sense to me.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
This is too negative. Life doesn't have to be all unicorns and shit, but.... Wait, correction.. life is unicorns AND shit. Not just shit, as this "typology" would indicate.

Nonconforming/Antisocial

Agreed.

A mix of these:

Assertive/Sadistic
Conscientious/Compulsive

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm currently geeking a new typology, the Millon personality styles/disorders, and I thought I'd share it with Typology Central. :)

There are 15 types, each of which overlap with one or more personality disorders of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV). Each type ranges from a healthy, mild version (a personality style) to a dysfunctional version (a personality disorder). The types are:

Cooperative/Dependent
Sociable/Histrionic
Confident/Narcissistic
Nonconforming/Antisocial
Assertive/Sadistic
Conscientious/Compulsive
Skeptical/Negativistic
Retiring/Schizoid
Shy/Avoidant
Pessimistic/Melancholic
Aggrieved/Masochistic
Eccentric/Schizotypal
Capricious/Borderline
Suspicious/Paranoid
Exuberant/Hypomaniac

If I had to choose one on the list it would be Eccentric/Schizotypal, however none of them is really a great fit for me. I've encountered this personality system before, and while I found it to be interesting at first, I ultimately don't think it is too useful.

The best (in my opinion) personality system that I've encountered has been developed by psychologist/PhD Donald Clifton. You can learn all the basics about it from the book, "Now, Discover Your Strengths". Instead of finding out what is wrong with a person, which is what most of psychology does, Clifton focuses on finding out what is right with a person. Also it's a lot more specific than any of the other systems I've encountered which is a big plus.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Confident/Narcissistic - Shy/Avoidant.

Super Nova

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
The best (in my opinion) personality system that I've encountered has been developed by psychologist/PhD Donald Clifton. You can learn all the basics about it from the book, "Now, Discover Your Strengths". Instead of finding out what is wrong with a person, which is what most of psychology does, Clifton focuses on finding out what is right with a person. Also it's a lot more specific than any of the other systems I've encountered which is a big plus.

I have read this book and I agree that it's a very good way of characterizing people.

Super Nova

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
Skeptical/Negativistic with Circuitous subtype for me.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Accidentally chose Retiring/Schizoid rather than Shy/Avoidant... oops. (Still confused as to why this forum doesn't allow one to change their answer in a poll... seems like a quite basic feature to have :p) Also a bit of Schizotypal, Skeptic, Negativistic, and Dependent.

euforia

I chose Suspicious/Paranoid, but now I think I'm more Skeptical/Negativistic.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
These aren't particularly flattering descriptions. But if I imagine myself at my worst:

Capricious/Borderline and Sociable/Histrionic.