• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most sensitive=most callous

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A Stone Heart and an Achilles Heel are using different muscles. It just looks like sentiment is coming from the same place. It's not.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Did I mention that I'll cut you?

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Reminds me of that saying, "The kindest hearts produce the greatest cruelty".

Not sure where that saying came from though :thinking:

*edit*

I remember now where I first read it, it was in the book, "Wizard's First Rule" but Terry Goodkind. Good book, though I sorely doubt he came up with it.

Last edited:

the soulless one

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
It depends on how you mean sensitive. Some people are very sensitive to others and are not callous, but others are indeed very sensitive and are often overly sensitive and they tend to be the most callous and crass people I come across as they take a slight or perceived attack or whatever, times what it really is ten-fold, and feel justified in behaving cruelly and callously to the 'offender' in a way far, far more severe and hurtful than what was ever actually done to them.

I would say I can be overly-sensitive, though I don't really fall into the callous behavior unless, ironically, one of those overly-sensitive people perceive me as malicious or try to hurt me when they thought I hurt them. I usually overlook it but eventually when this happens so much from one person where I figure out that they are sensitive but are reactionary, I play the hypocrite and deliberately hurt them back until they learn to get lost and leave me alone. But I have been hurt the most by these people. I hate them when I run across them, especially when I thought they were so nice, too. = /

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It looks like this topic refers to people who are so sensitive, that the worse things in life wear on them the more easily, therefore making them callous more quickly than anyone else. In hypothesis, some if not a good deal of logical people simply adapt logic as a personal policy because we can't handle our own feelings, not unlike Vulcans. Conversely, those of us who do that don't appear to have Pon Farr.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Perhaps it is the sensitive people who know how to make the most cutting remarks and actions. They know what hurts, and they're called callous. I've been called callous before, but I'm not like that at all - I just have quite eccentric and extreme political views. ;)

G

Glycerine

It looks like this topic refers to people who are so sensitive, that the worse things in life wear on them the more easily, therefore making them callous more quickly than anyone else. In hypothesis, some if not a good deal of logical people simply adapt logic as a personal policy because we can't handle our own feelings, not unlike Vulcans. Conversely, those of us who do that don't appear to have Pon Farr.
These were exactly my original thoughts but it's quite interesting to see what others think.

On a side note, I was noticing how there were a lot of F's on here and irl who seemed really forceful with their T side that it came off completely unnatural like they had something to prove and/or hide.

Little_Sticks

Theoretically, one might say you don't appear to have Pon Farr in this case because you have changed so that you are constantly in Pon Farr. I'm sure you know what I mean, even if it seems like an absurd suggestion.

bcvcdc

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTx
It depends on how you mean sensitive. Some people are very sensitive to others and are not callous, but others are indeed very sensitive and are often overly sensitive and they tend to be the most callous and crass people I come across as they take a slight or perceived attack or whatever, times what it really is ten-fold, and feel justified in behaving cruelly and callously to the 'offender' in a way far, far more severe and hurtful than what was ever actually done to them.

ok, what's the most cruel behavior:

taking very personal information about a certain person, maybe information which could deeply hurt someone if it got loose, and broadcasting it to the entire world so what ends up happening is that EVERYBODY and his little brother knows EVERYTHING (and i mean every little fucking detail) about this person. Meanwhile, she doesn't know (and i mean she really doesn't know) any of this is going on and often wonders why the fuck almost everybody is leering at her when she turns around.

or

screaming a few choice words into the distant sky.

huh?

YOU TELL ME!