• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Our Little Wars Here

Jaguar

I'm at war with folk typology! :ng_mad:

gerbil.jpg

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Oh no you didn't.

hgb.png

:D

Mole

Permabanned
Ratty and Moley

Victor my sweet, I do sometimes disagree with you, but I enjoy "feeling" the Fi in your thoughts as it helps me see my own internally and remember to listen to it. By seeing you use it to judge situations it helps me see how to use Fi to judge things myself. INFPs are very wise, even when we disagree :)

I think Fi can observe the wars and find them unsettling-yet you are very correct that their are innate cycles at play-with each involved learning and growing into different directions, into different paths mentally and emotionally. :hug:

My favourite book is, "The Wind in the Willows", and I identify with Mole who is introverted. However Mole most admired the Water Rat who is extrovert and would like to become like him.

I notice we are both NFP but you are extrovert while I am introvert. So naturally I admire you and want to be like you, just as Mole wanted to be like the Water Rat.

Of course I can see you are not quite as home in the inner world as I, so in that way I need to look after you.

But just as Mole and Ratty have many friends like Toad, Badger, Otter and little Portly, and even enemies like the weasels and stoats, so do we have many friends of many different types. But as NFPs we are almost the same, but different enough to provide for the insufficiencies of the other.

So let me introduce you to Ratty and Moley, you and I, by clicking on -

The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame: Chapter 1

G

Ginkgo

My favourite book is, "The Wind in the Willows", and I identify with Mole who is introverted. However Mole most admired the Water Rat who is extrovert and would like to become like him.

I notice we are both NFP but you are extrovert while I am introvert. So naturally I admire you and want to be like you, just as Mole wanted to be like the Water Rat.

Of course I can see you are not quite as home in the inner world as I, so in that way I need to look after you.

But just as Mole and Ratty have many friends like Toad, Badger, Otter and little Portly, and even enemies like the weasels and stoats, so do we have many friends of many different types. But as NFPs we are almost the same, but different enough to provide for the insufficiencies of the other.

So let me introduce you to Ratty and Moley, you and I, by clicking on -

The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame: Chapter 1

GOOD GOD! VICTOR IS SINGING THE SONG ELECTRIC!

Something's not right here. Something's amiss... The atmosphere is trembling... Someone just divided by zero, or broke the speed of light, or something... Some impossibility must be synchronized.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

gromit

likes this
Yes, I think a better title would have been, "Our Little Wars Here".

And I think they are important. I think they are important because they occur so regularly, but at the same time we deplore them.

So they serve some psycho-social function.

And we can break the loop of deploring and fighting by reframing.

So perhaps if we see our little wars as a data set to explore. Not of course to continue the war by finding someone to blame, but rather to see what the data reveals.

It sort of reminds me of the idea of Hegelian Dialectic... "a thesis, giving rise to its reaction, an antithesis, which contradicts or negates the thesis, and the tension between the two being resolved by means of a synthesis."