• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you happy ?

Are you happy person in general ?

• ENFP - yes

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • ENFP - no

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • INFP - yes

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • INFP - no

• ENFJ - yes

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • ENFJ - no

• INFJ - yes

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • INFJ - no

• ENTP - yes

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • ENTP - no

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • INTP -yes

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • INTP - no

• ENTJ - yes

• ENTJ - no

• INTJ - yes

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • INTJ - no

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • SP - yes

• SP - no

• SJ - yes

• SJ - no

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters

Amberiat

Infinity
No.

I'm an expert at appearing content most of the time, filled with joy at best, I will never be truly happy until I achieve the things I want to achieve the most, whether I like it or not, a mask of happiness is all I can have until I prove to myself I deserve to have the real thing.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a malcontent under the very best of circumstances.

After experiencing the things I have since...oh, roughly the same time as the creation of this thread, I can give that a resounding No. I will never be happy again. I defy anyone else to be happy in my shoes either.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Happy enough. I wouldn’t say my default state is sunny or cheerful, but I have enough intermittent joy to appreciate my life, look forward to the future, and know that the rough patches are worth it.

I try to focus more on whether my life is fulfilling and meaningful instead of hollowly chasing after a simple state of emotional pleasure. I also try to see life for what it really is instead of wearing rose (or grey) tinted glasses as a defense mechanism that shut out important aspects of reality. I've found it's both more fulfilling and more conducive to a state of inner peace to accept the full range of my emotions, and even to appreciate the unique perspective that each my emotional states has to show me.

Esmeralda

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Happiness is tricky and slippery. When I begin to think it is a possibility, life makes a point to make me think otherwise.
Happiness is elusive. I feel I cannot inhabit it. I mostly live around it.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Not remotely.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think I've ever felt happiness sober.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Happiness is tricky and slippery. When I begin to think it is a possibility, life makes a point to make me think otherwise.
Happiness is elusive. I feel I cannot inhabit it. I mostly live around it.

Happiness is something that comes from within, not without. The external world cannot force you to feel anything.

It isn't an easy thing to practice-at first.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What a difficult question to answer.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As a generality, I'm content (defined as not resigned but calm and generally positive towards it) with my life. I have happy and unhappy moments over events. That said, I'd say that I'm generally a skeptic and don't think much of humanity.

This is pretty close to how I am, I'd say.

-----------

And I agree with/relate to other comments re no state being permanent. Though my 'baseline' has definitely ramped up to being more at peace overall now vs let's say ten to fifteen years ago. I can find many moments of joy and content, though of course I have many moments on the opposite end as well.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Currently, yes: doin great!

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am becoming aware of my ability to create happiness for myself in different ways throughout different periods of my life. Which is really the important thing to come to know. Presently, I am happier.

Lynn_Verde

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There are ups and downs, but overall I am a happy person in general.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Happiness is something that comes from within, not without. The external world cannot force you to feel anything.

It isn't an easy thing to practice-at first.

I would argue it is both, otherwise my years of optimism and willpower shouldn't have left me in such a state. It's a mindset Ive carried through hell and back, and I've yet to truly feel happy.

Sometimes people just go through things that damages them forever, and they can only mitigate the crushing dark emotions that seem to endlessly leak out. No matter how loving and happy their enviroment is.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am happy, regarding my work and my writings yet I am quite sad, regarding my personal life.

I am inspired, in fact, quite so lately; but happiness, in itself from what I see is not a cause of inspiration, it can only be a result. The irony here is, the cause of my unhappiness, also results in inspiration and that inspiration reflects happiness back.

It's bizarre in the utter sense of word, and speaking of words, I am at a loss of them right now.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Pretty pissed off atm, but, like happiness, that's temporary. I'll feel better soon.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, I guess I'm not. Are you? I'm thinking that maybe we should break up.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Personal life - family, friends, kids - very happy. Professionally, I love what I do. Beyond that, not very happy, pretty pissed.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Right now, I'm pretty happy.