• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Astrology - Are you a believer?

Do you believe in astrology?

• Yes

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 137 77.8%
  • I have no idea what it is? So I'm not sure.

Votes: 7 4.0%

• Total voters

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This may be hard for you to understand, but this isn't personal.

Hey Jag, I wrote a 5,000 page volume on why the sky is green.

Don't have a meteorology degree? Then don't question my theory until you've read my book...all 5,000 pages of it.

This is comically ridiculous. Astrology has no value beyond entertainment, and you're grasping at straws to find another way to bitch at me.

Have you read any books on alchemy? No? Then how do you know it doesn't work? Your reasoning is terrible. I don't need to read astrology books because I've read studies and statements by astronomers, psychologists and other scientists in the field who have all repeatedly found that it's garbage.

G

Ginkgo

I have a request-

can the forum shaman, mystic, or magical artificial insemenator give me an astrological natal chart?

Thanks.

Jaguar

Ask Sim, he uses a crystal ball to make claims about forum members he's never even met.

crystal_ball.jpg

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I have a request-

can the forum shaman, mystic, or magical artificial insemenator give me an astrological natal chart?

Thanks.

If you've got a credit card and the requisite $15, I'd highly recommend this site: Personal Astrology Profile - Astrology.com

The report you'll get will span ~20-25 pages in a single-spaced Word doc.

I've also gotten a report from here: Astrology, Birth Charts & Horoscopes - Myastrologycharts.com

I didn't like the format of the report from the second site as much, but, unlike the first, it actually provides you with your natal chart (as opposed to just the coordinates and reading [i.e., interpretation of the planetary locations, their aspects, etc.]).

Once you learn to read the natal chart and associate the paragraphs in the reading to the actual positions and aspects of the planets in your natal chart, you might grow a bit more curious as to what exactly astrology might be capable of...

I remember being quite intrigued once I realized, well...

Just try it for yourself...

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me, vm me, or just leave a post here...

:jew:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Also, both those sites offer a (highly condensed) free version of your reading.

It usually contains one or two (relatively important) paragraphs from the hundred or so paragraphs that will likely show up in your full reading.

The second site also offers the natal chart for free.

:yes:

G

Ginkgo

I remember being quite intrigued once I realized, well...

Just try it for yourself...

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me, vm me, or just leave a post here...

:jew:

LOL! You have to input all of your personal information. Jee, I wonder where they could contrive their natal charts from...

I'll still do it... with prudence.

G

Ginkgo

Tenderhearted and sympathetic to an unusual degree, you have an understanding of other people's feelings and needs which borders on being telepathic. You are extremely compassionate and cannot bear to see any fellow creature - be it human or animal -suffer. Because of your kindness and nonjudgmental attitude, people in pain or confusion are drawn to you for help, which you readily give. Sometimes your softheartedness is taken advantage of.

You are a gentle, poetic soul and have a great love and affinity for music. Because many of your feelings are nebulous and vague and you cannot easily verbalize how you experience life, music seems a natural language for you. You are also tremendously romantic and are often "in love with love".

FUCK YOU!! I'm not sensitive!!! *covers up signature* :boohoo:

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
I have a request-

Thanks.
Yes I can, give me your birth details? Or you can simply go on the net and look for them.

You'll need time of birth (to the minute if possible), place of birth. And of course the date...

There's so many interesting arguments, but who is the judge? :shock: I mean there's flaws in everyone's words/opinions, so who's the final decider? When everyone goes to one side and completely converts themselves?

G

Ginkgo

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Z7KeNCi7g"]Folks, you're easily deceived.[/YOUTUBE]

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sim fell down and can't get up.

I guess the virtual Atlas shrugged?

You NTJs and your Ayn Rand...

Yes I can, give me your birth details? Or you can simply go on the net and look for them.

You'll need time of birth (to the minute if possible), place of birth. And of course the date...

There's so many interesting arguments, but who is the judge? :shock: I mean there's flaws in everyone's words/opinions, so who's the final decider? When everyone goes to one side and completely converts themselves?

I want to see my chart too, if you don't mind.

I was born in Atlanta, GA on April 2, 1987 at 8:30 AM.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE

With this information, I am now going to clone your ID, Charles. :newwink:

Here in the Old Merry, one Auntie Margaret jumped on her chariot for the 3rd time, about two months after you were born, sim.

Dame Hilda was a very decisive person. She famously was "not for turning". But here on Astrology - Libra Star Sign Horoscopes her "type" is described as:

THE SCALES is the sign of the diplomat and the ditherer

She was neither. - Big-time stylie.

Margaret Thatcher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
I guess the virtual Atlas shrugged?

You NTJs and your Ayn Rand...

I sent you your chart and a little interpretation; I didn't want to put too much in. Might scare you away :D

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
With this information, I am now going to clone your ID, Charles. :newwink:

Here in the Old Merry, one Auntie Margaret jumped on her chariot for the 3rd time, about two months after you were born, sim.

Dame Hilda was a very decisive person. She famously was "not for turning". But here on Astrology - Libra Star Sign Horoscopes her "type" is described as:

She was neither. - Big-time stylie.

Margaret Thatcher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oh, did you know that she had a SCORPIO ascendant? And A LEO moon? Did you know that she had MOON CONJUNCT MARS? Or a Saturn Conjunct Ascendant? She also had a Capricorn Jupiter.

You're looking at the sun sign astrology, and that isn't the bigger picture..

But never use astrology to the extent of intervening with your life.. NEVER use it to make a decision. It's not reliable enough..

But for fun, why not?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ohhhh shit, BT--she had a MOON CONJUNCT MARS!

Stuff that in your pipe and smoke it!

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Ohhhh shit, BT--she had a MOON CONJUNCT MARS!

Stuff that in your pipe and smoke it!

:smoke: Drat - I completely forgot about the Moon in conjunction with Mars. And Uranus rising in Venus. Or something.

But for fun, why not?

I agree. Many an evening, at Chez Trombones, Ms Trombones and I whisk away the cold winter evenings with The Tarot. She takes great delights in "predicting" my future. Which starts off with painting the spare bedroom, quickly followed by the purchase of some new and expensive appliance for the kitchen . She is fiendishly accurate. You don't want to know what happen the night she produced the Hanging Man followed by Death...

On a more serious note, astrology does appear to be part of a set of high revenue industries that function as a law unto themselves. The claims they make are wholly unproven. Which isn't so bad, if it's only a bit of fun.

Take for example the case of Simon Singh, MBE over this article

Due to the peculiarities of English Libel Law, he found himself in the dock, a remarkable occurance given all he'd done was present a scientific case against quackery. Oddly, the British Chiropractic Association did not have to prove their claims about the effectivemess of their therapy, merely that Simon Singh was "defaming" them.

The British Chiropractic Association eventually withdrew its case, which had been extremely costly, both to itself and to the unfortunate Mr Singh. But then again, the BCA could afford to undertake such an expensive legal venture, given the multi-million pound nature of its business.

The main point to make with alternative medicine, astrology, et al, is their insistance that someone else should prove them wrong; that claims can be made, willy-nilly, and are correct until someone proves them wrong. They seem to assume, as with astrology, that "correct" is the default term rather than "unproven", which it manifestly is.

Again and again, skeptics go through the relentless procedure of dissassembling this hokey-cokey, as if it's a game worth playing and again and again the hokey-cokey merchants glibly respond that their "theories" are still valid for the same old non-valid reasons and they "haven't been disproven", it's been used for "thousands of years", etc.

It get's to the point where it's difficult not to consider the possibility that some people are simply chumps that want to throw away their money, and will get duped by whatever silver-tongued charlatan crosses their path. Whatever process of logical deconstruction is used, they will happily ignore it and continue to subscribe to beliefs that are, to the casual observer, no better that a lame confidence trick.

Cue, Victor...

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
:smoke: Drat - I completely forgot about the Moon in conjunction with Mars. And Uranus rising in Venus. Or something.

I agree. Many an evening, at Chez Trombones, Ms Trombones and I whisk away the cold winter evenings with The Tarot. She takes great delights in "predicting" my future. Which starts off with painting the spare bedroom, quickly followed by the purchase of some new and expensive appliance for the kitchen . She is fiendishly accurate. You don't want to know what happen the night she produced the Hanging Man followed by Death...

On a more serious note, astrology does appear to be part of a set of high revenue industries that function as a law unto themselves. The claims they make are wholly unproven. Which isn't so bad, if it's only a bit of fun.

Take for example the case of Simon Singh, MBE over this article

Due to the peculiarities of English Libel Law, he found himself in the dock, a remarkable occurance given all he'd done was present a scientific case against quackery. Oddly, the British Chiropractic Association did not have to prove their claims about the effectivemess of their therapy, merely that Simon Singh was "defaming" them.

The British Chiropractic Association eventually withdrew its case, which had been extremely costly, both to itself and to the unfortunate Mr Singh. But then again, the BCA could afford to undertake such an expensive legal venture, given the multi-million pound nature of its business.

The main point to make with alternative medicine, astrology, et al, is their insistance that someone else should prove them wrong; that claims can be made, willy-nilly, and are correct until someone proves them wrong. They seem to assume, as with astrology, that "correct" is the default term rather than "unproven", which it manifestly is.

Again and again, skeptics go through the relentless procedure of dissassembling this hokey-cokey, as if it's a game worth playing and again and again the hokey-cokey merchants glibly respond that their "theories" are still valid for the same old non-valid reasons and they "haven't been disproven", it's been used for "thousands of years", etc.

It get's to the point where it's difficult not to consider the possibility that some people are simply chumps that want to throw away their money, and will get duped by whatever silver-tongued charlatan crosses their path. Whatever process of logical deconstruction is used, they will happily ignore it and continue to subscribe to beliefs that are, to the casual observer, no better that a lame confidence trick.

Cue, Victor...

^ Haha I agree; It's just a confidence trick. I'm mature enough to know it now! It is something I use to keep myself going; like a guidance point. :yes: