• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Those who have blogs (outside of Typology)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tell me what you get out of it, why you do it and if you consider yourself to be extraverted or introverted?

Do you think that a blog is kinda like venting to someone? And if so, does it fulfill that need so you feel better afterwards, much like you'd do to a friend?

What other purposes or needs does your blog help you with?

Question..questions *ponders*

P

Phantonym

I had a blog a few years back for a few months. Completely private, not intended for any kind of an "audience". I know I could have just done it in my computer, but I liked the blog format much better. Never had one before, haven't had one "out there" ever since. I haven't deleted it either but I don't have a habit of re-reading my old posts so I really should delete it. I've never had a diary/journal either so creating a blog was something out of the ordinary for me back then and it did fulfil a certain need for a while.

I am definitely introverted. I didn't start a blog to get feedback or advice or to get some attention by writing it. It was a great way to organize my thoughts in writing. While I can express myself quite well in writing, better than orally, I still feel quite limited with writing. But the blog came at a time when I felt some turbulence in my life. Nothing negative. I suddenly felt the need to analyze my thoughts and feelings in some concrete way and writing it all out helped a lot.

So, in a way, I had to come out of my comfort zone and force myself to try to put my thoughts in some concrete form because having my thoughts spin around in my mind at the time wasn't really getting me anywhere. Seeing them out in the open in black and white somehow made them more real than the scramble in my head at the time. It was like facing some things I could have easily ignored in my mind, so seeing them in there made me deal with them immediately.

I think blogging is a good way to vent, especially for people who are much more comfortable with writing and who don't necessarily feel the need to do it in person for whatever reasons. It does help to get any excess thoughts and feelings out of the system. You also have complete freedom on how you wish to format your thoughts.

I don't have a blog at the moment, don't really feel the need to have one. But I like that I have the opportunity to have one any time.

gromit

likes this
My blog is for entertainment and for feedback on ideas. Comments make me feel extremely validated. Yes, now that I think of it, perhaps the ultimate purpose of my blog is for comment validation. I feel ashamed for realizing it... :blush:

I am somewhat extroverted.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
I used to have a blog; all of it was very non-personal. I know myself as a self inflicting person, so I will never posts much online that really is PERSONAL. I like thinking within myself.

The blog was to gain some love :devil:; I think I've finally let my pride down and realize that I'm in denial and need some love from people! And so I can give people more!

It'd be nice if more people visited my blog though; I'd post in it A LOT! If there were more people..

I've also become a lot more self-conscious; which wasn't one thing I really enjoyed.. I might become an I instead of an E... I fear that day :yes:.

Blogging was a joy that was enjoyed for a short while, but then I quit. It just got boring without any responses :D!

Kymlee

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
My blog is a personal blog, I talk a lot about things that are important to me, a lot about loving others, poetry, songs, pictures, links to all my other sites, blah blah. It's basically a place for me to get out everything I'm feeling, and I love it.
I do feel better when I write, I feel better when I interact with others, and I feel good when I'm giving advice or possibly inspiring others to make a better choice in their own lives.
You can check mine out if you want, it's linked in my sig.
I dunno, I think it reflects who I am inside, and for some reason, even though I'm an extrovert, a lot of people don't know how I truly feel, so writing helps me express my thoughts, opinions and fears.

:) good topic!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to use my blog to perfect my writing.

Now it's more of a "catch-all" of my life, so i don't forget the details (since later I'd like to polish things up). And I let others read it, since (1) it keeps people up to speed with me only having to tell the information once and (2) it's a way of being REALLY personal/intimate while still being somewhat removed.

I also feel better when I can sort of "catch/frame" parts of my life and try to make sense of them in some way, or at least recognize patterns that might help me direct my future.

And I also learn about the world and myself and others and life when I write.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I had a blog... Completely private, not intended for any kind of an "audience". I know I could have just done it in my computer, but I liked the blog format much better...

... I didn't start a blog to get feedback or advice or to get some attention by writing it. It was a great way to organize my thoughts in writing. While I can express myself quite well in writing, better than orally, I still feel quite limited with writing. But the blog came at a time when I felt some turbulence in my life... I suddenly felt the need to analyze my thoughts and feelings in some concrete way and writing it all out helped a lot.

So, in a way, I had to come out of my comfort zone and force myself to try to put my thoughts in some concrete form because having my thoughts spin around in my mind at the time wasn't really getting me anywhere. Seeing them out in the open in black and white somehow made them more real than the scramble in my head at the time. It was like facing some things I could have easily ignored in my mind, so seeing them in there made me deal with them immediately.

Cut a few things out and Sky has me covered. Also replace her "introverted" with my "extroverted".

/lazy

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I've had a blog outside TypeC for more than a year. Now I kinda removed it from the internet, but I do have the texts here. This is what they're all about:

16 October 2007: A made-up story about a 67 year old woman who decided to have a baby, which leaded to a flood and a massacre where 20 firemen get killed.
22 January 2008: A story about how much I hate the fact that all the kids nowadays behave so well and start whining when you're cycling on the sidewalking.
2 July 2008: A story about how much I hate obsessive-compulsive people who don't mind their own business and never let me have fun and live my life and about how those people never do something about the stuff they're complaining about.
23 July 2008: A blog where I only posted spam in (like: "SPAM spam smappity sPaM like omg SPAAAAM sPammeyY spaAaAm")
29 August 2008: A silly questionaire.
17 October 2008: A rant about all the people who I've let walk over me and how I'm not going to accept that anymore from now on.
31 December 2008: A story about the fact that most mothers in my neighbourhood can't raise their children well and only yell at their offspring. Also about the end of 2008.
23 January 2009: Nostalgia. Starts of with how much I hate the music of Colbie Caillat and Jason Mraz, what a shock it was to me when I discovered that they've made a duet song and that I decided to avoid the radio for the whole summer because the song could possibly turn me suicidal. Then I find out that it's been 6 years since I was 11, the most wonderful year of my life and how my life will probably only turn more and more miserable, if I have to believe my parents. "I think I'm going to get myself a mobility scooter". At the end of this part of my blog I decide to take a more positive view on my life. "My life might be boring, but at least my parents aren't alcoholics. I'm proud to say that I'm not the type for a 9 to 5 job and I'm glad to say that I still haven't met that boring fat husband of mine who watches the quiz channel all day long." Probably my best blog, but one of the few without any comments.
1 February 2009: About how there is nothing interesting on the television, with extra updates every five minutes.
12 February 2009: About the fact that the most exciting day of the year is ahead of us: Friday the 13th. After that I presented a manual about how to treat me, because others didn't seem to understand how I work. After that two updates about Friday the 13th, how excited I was about the discovery of another Friday the 13th in March and how disappointed I was in myself aboutt he fact that I've done nothing on that very special day, on 14 February.
17 February 2009: I was bored and started philosophizing about why I was a crazy person, with the conclusion that I'm not a crazy person, but the rest of the neighbourhood is totally cuckoo. Then I told the readers of my blog that they don't have a life, regarding the fact that they're reading my blog.
1 March 2009: Things I like and things I hate (4 hates, 6 likes) + motivation.
8 March 2009: How I rediscovered myself, got called an ADHDer and how happy I was about it. Then I told my readers about how they've been walking over me, how nerdy they are, how dumb and stupid they are and that I don't respect them or whatsoever. In the end I promis myself to be myself again, when possible.
23 March 2009: "Welcome in the Nerderlands!" I got a brochure of a toystore, looked in it and then I discovered that more than the half of it is about computergames.
27 March 2009: I discovered that I was ENFP and therefore I analyzed that type.
5 April 2005: Things everyone should know. This includes: "Teachers who don't want you to use chewing gum only don't want you to do that because they want to hide their own aweful breath" + "You should never trust people who strive for status and attention" + "All wiggers are nerds who hide their boringness with aggressive behaviour" + "Romantic comedies must die" + "Christian fundementalists can't play music" + "Christian fundementalists are the cause of the sexualization of the society".
3 May 2009: About the tragedy on Queen's Day (three days before) and the ridiculous way people reacted on it.
30 May 2009: About how much I hate the fact that 80s fashion is coming back in style and how discriminated I feel against, because that fashion only suits fat people, people without ass, people without boobs, people without sense of style and parrots. It's also about how much I hate the song "I'm walking on sunshine, OOoo0oOOo0OoOoOOo0ooo0".
7 June 2009: About how happy I am that I'm not someone else.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Yes i keep a blog, mostly to entertain myself and tell stories. :p
<-- its in my sig.

It's a lot of fun, but sometimes very hard to maintain as I become quickly obsessed with something new every week and have a hard time breaking my hyperfocused state to do something else.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
I keep a blog for my exchange year events and memories, just so I don't get those annoying letters like ''Hi! How are you?'' and stuff. I think it's quite boring, because I like to write without describing details and funny stories. Just ''that day I did this and that and I hate this and that and I like this and that''. I'm more of an academical writer instead of entertaining writer and you can feel that vibe also in my blog.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I actually have a dream blog.

I just log down nights that I remember my dreams.

:)

Ironically when I started to do that often, I started to have some of the coolest things in the world: lucid dreams.

Speaking of that, I think I should update it...

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've had public, online journals for 10 years.
I definitely consider myself to be Extraverted

It's a lot about cataloging myself. Daily events, thoughts, personal growth, etc. I keep it public because i like to have all of my cards laid out on the table. I prefer people to know who i am if they are inclined to look and, maybe, indirectly gain something from some of it.
Some have felt comfort in relating to what i've had to say. Some have told me i said something in a way they couldn't get it out. Some have utilized advice i've given to myself or on the whole.
In the same token, there are some people who have tried to use what i've written against me. They've all pretty much failed, but it's because they witness a journal and don't ask me to elaborate. I chalk it up to misunderstanding and an abundance of insecurities/lack of confidence in themselves (which tends to be true).

Some other good things...
It's like my form of therapy and self-damage-control. I feel relieved after i get things down in it.
It's great for keeping track of myself around certain times. I can look back and relive moments or remember moments.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask :yes:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The reason I ask is...

I was always bad at the whole diary thing. I never saw the point, coz i would never reread what I wrote. On the other hand, when my head is messed up, taking quick notes seems to unload it, seems to give me the chance to organize everything that's in my head and fit it better inmy head, kinda like playing tetris and creating more storage space.

So..I thought that blogs would help me log my personal growth while keeping it interesting coz others might find it useful, even if I didn't reread it. I ran into another problem though. I felt like I was overexposing myself, especially if people I knew read the blog. And, I found that I ran out of fuel soon.

Now, I'm contemplating starting over. And have several blogs, all with their own identity. It'll give me the chance to track who I am and how I change, figure stuff out by writing it out and share what I've learned, something I enjoy tremendously while remaining anonymous..but there's another reason.

I thought abuot the feeling of overexposion. Over the years I learned to compartmentalize what people I told what. How to not overload them with who I was. I'm not always successful but..most of the time, it works. People get uncomfortable if you get too intimate, personal and vent too much at them. They don't know how to deal. So I stopped doing it as much.

On the other hand, when it's in a blog, people love it, for the drama and probably also coz they don't really have to respond back and have to give 'the proper response'
Meanwhile, it does provide the opportunity to vent and rant..hell, that's what you're supposed to do on a blog, right?

So I was wondering if anyone here uses their blog in this way, to vent, and , I'm also curious to hear if they find it eliminates their need to vent to friends and family. Does it work in the same way as doing it irl with a good friend?