• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Idiots who literally think they're vampires

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That deeply saddens me.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Well, all I know is that they give me the creeps. I wouldn't want to meet one in person. Even anyone wearing or carrying any Twilight anything is avoided if I can help it (Depending on my mood).

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
There are worse things for people to think they are.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm actually surprised that "vampire" in Stepho's clip was celibate, as the vampire myth was probably derived from the act of sexual seduction and "necking". Can't the guy be authentic?

One, I'm sure that Twighlight has created an explosion of people that associate vampires with celibacy.

Two, this is probably an adaption to the fact that most of these people (particularly the males) are too interpersonally troubled to get to have sex with anyone.

There are worse things for people to think they are.

Yes, it's just lame. They are showy, but I doub't they are much of a threat. I assume that this guy would still scare the crap out of them.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
americans..

P

Phantonym

This is just another form of escapism for people who are lonely, who think that they don't belong somewhere in this reality, so they want to become a part of that dream world where everything is supposed to be fantastic for them. Alcoholics and drug abusers take the easy way and find escape through substances. The vampire idolizers are among people who think up elaborate dreams to escape into from the reality that seems too bleak.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is just another form of escapism for people who are lonely, who think that they don't belong somewhere in this reality, so they want to become a part of that dream world where everything is supposed to be fantastic for them. Alcoholics and drug abusers take the easy way and find escape through substances. The vampire idolizers are among people who think up elaborate dreams to escape into from the reality that seems too bleak.

Or maybe they are truly vampires and you will not realize the truth until it's Much! Too! Late!

.. naw. I think you're right.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
One, I'm sure that Twighlight has created an explosion of people that associate vampires with celibacy.

How hilarious that it's just about pop culture, this "alternate" culture. They are so cutting edge they can model themselves after a very, very popular book.

Of course, I play D&D which I think is obviously based on a lot of tolkien ideas. I guess it's just when it goes from knowing you are PLAYING to actually believing you ARE that is the problem.

P

Phantonym

Or maybe they are truly vampires and you will not realize the truth until it's Much! Too! Late!

That would be great actually. An experience to remember. :D

I enjoyed reading Bram Stoker's Dracula in my early teens, and watching all the movies and TV-shows that have spawned on the subject. I have pondered whether the vampire lifestyle would be something I would like to have.

I have concluded that it would most probably suck. :laugh:

P

Phantonym

Mostly.
Although I still have fun watching Underworld. :smile:

Oh yeah, definitely. :D

Sorry for the derail. Has anybody seen the movie Daybreakers?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayYiMygqlfo"]Daybreakers Trailer[/YOUTUBE]

The main protagonist is yet another vampire named Edward. :doh: But it's somewhat enjoyable to watch nevertheless. :)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I saw one of them walking around in a big cape. I kinda wanna be able to wear a cape in public too but am too much a pussy/too lazy.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw one of them walking around in a big cape. I kinda wanna be able to wear a cape in public too but am too much a pussy/too lazy.

I don't know if it'll go with your tattoed suit.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
How come no one is complaining about the bias in the thread title?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think we should start a new thread for "Smart people who literally think they're vampires."

Snow Turtle

Yes, that's the one thing I never understood. If one must have fangs to be a vampire and one isn't born with them... well then they really aren't a vampire. I mean, that would seem logical to me. So I have no idea what these people think.

It'd be the same case as people who feel as if they are in the wrong sex. In which case, their mental perception of themselves is more representive than their physical body.

Now, for these vampires, it could be that they are just adapting their body to match their minds. You can still call them delusional. :)

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
It'd be the same case as people who feel as if they are in the wrong sex. In which case, their mental perception of themselves is more representive than their physical body.

Now, for these vampires, it could be that they are just adapting their body to match their minds. You can still call them delusional. :)

:huh:

Uh no.

Vampires are a fictional construct.

The closest you can get in reality is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porphyria

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think we should start a new thread for "Smart people who literally think they're vampires."

Yeah caught myself thinking...'just got rid of the vampire cat avi just in time'

How about a competing thread of non idiotic people who not so figuratively think they are vampir