User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't think long-range linearly, if that makes sense.

I think all types of ranges, zigzaggy, colossal, microscopic, but all very pertinent.

I'm okay with going with the flow, but I think about shit all the time, to a flaw.

There are a few moments when I can completely let go.

But, other than these moments, I think in broader or deeper terms/ranges.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Sim - I would suggest that short range vs. long range thinking is more related to S vs. N.

Sorry but i disagree with this theory. As an 'S' i am more than capable of thinking both short and long range.

I saved for 5 years to move to another country and i am in currently in debate whether to attend an event tomorrow.
    totally agree. ENFPs are actually the worst planners out of everyone I know... (im actually being serious and not just hating on enfps as usual).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    edcoaching
    I thought it was Solitary Wanker. He wrote a book, you know.

Wanker. HA!
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    — Mark Twain

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    I am not biased. You are reading something into my post that isn't there, or wasn't intended.

I was very clear in my description on the Ayn Rand post.

Any archetype that uses a function, or attitude of a particular function, (which can occur in a dysfunctional environment, or for various other reasons) in a manner that is not condusive to emotional health, well-being, or growth of that individual; or is projected to others in a negative manner, is utilizing an unhealthy aspect of that function within that archetype, and this will likely manifest in an unhealthy representation of that archetype.

Besides, I was, and am, more questionning than anything. I think if you can read my post objectively, you could see that. I don't have time to restate what I've already stated clearly and succintly.

Well, this is your personal opinion, just as I have my personal opinion. What wrong with that?

ENTPs' need to "reach out and connect" is more a process of them searching hypervigilantly for information to fuel their Ne. I don't feel them having Fe as their normal teriary function. If you do, great.
    For INTJs, you may imagine you see Fe because of the bolded statement :

As a Tertiary Function, Fi typically leads ITJs to retreat into solitary actions that have no constructive worldly effect but are aimed at providing a justification for calling themselves good people. Another example is obsession with the purity of one's soul. For example, being a vegetarian while working at Taco Bell--not out of any great love for animals (the person might hardly know anything about what cows are like), but to be able to say, "Well, at least I never ate any animals." Or engaging in pointless acts of honor, like maintaining super-self-control or "doing one's duty" or going down with the ship. Nothing is gained by going down with the ship; it's a hyper-introverted act aimed at providing a rationalization for one's goodness without regard to real-world consequences. Nearly all of these tertiary-Fi acts involve refraining from action viewed as unethical rather than taking positive action that would accomplish something. They're a retreat from the world--or rather, a rationalization for disregarding worldly matters.

(from Lenore Thomson - yes, Jaguar, I know you're thrilled )

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    (from Lenore Thomson - yes, Jaguar, I know you're thrilled )
    I like that description a lot. I basically summarize it by saying: Fi is about calling out "the unconscionables"...

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I thought it was Solitary Wanker. He wrote a book, you know.

^ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    — Mark Twain

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post

:yim_rolling_on_the_

Tater

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Sim - I would suggest that short range vs. long range thinking is more related to S vs. N.

Sorry but i disagree with this theory. As an 'S' i am more than capable of thinking both short and long range.

I saved for 5 years to move to another country and i am in currently in debate whether to attend an event tomorrow.
    Thanks for demonstrating one of the main S weaknesses by taking a generalized description of average group tendencies as a literal description of every individual member of that group.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?