• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eye contact

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Eye contact is okay as long as the person looking at you blinks a couple of times otherwise im like get out of my face freak D: :shock:

I tend to make alot of eye contact but i know how to apply it with different people to get the best results:devil:

We have a seductress in our midst. :D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I personally love eye contact, but with other guys, there's a certain primitive "wanna go bitch" part of the male brain that activates when two guys make eye contact.

Us = ALPHAs
Them = betas

:pumpyouup:

I have a VERY intense stare...

...Personally, I have an immediate distrust of those who wont, or will only fleetingly make eye contact with me.

Agreed, me too. The ability to maintain eye contact is an instantaneously noticeable trait of an assertive person.

Those who do not have the ability to look others in the eyes are immediately suspected of not being 100% truthful, or not being competent.

Stand up straight and tell the world what you need of it, and it shall be yours. Mutter at your feet and your dreams will not be realized.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
AH!

:eek:

Oh man, that was scary!

Don't frighten me like that, Biscuit.

You know my little INFP heart can't take those demented and soul-destroying ENTJ eyes of yours.

That was simply

too.

much.

:devil:

If that was too much how about something a more light hearted.

Here I am (whilst an undergrad) with the guy who started my Family in the Fraternity. (We were called Walls of Troy b/c we were all huge dudes, the other guy in the pic is 6'8")

DSC01075.jpg

And for good measure.

Face.jpg

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I make eye contact to show that I don't feel threatened by the people around me.

If I'm talking with/listening to someone, my eye contact is almost constant (for l the purpose of giving them my full attention/thorough comprehension).

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
I personally love eye contact, but with other guys, there's a certain primitive "wanna go bitch" part of the male brain that activates when two guys make eye contact.

yeah, especially when you meet another guy for the first time - the very first eye contact you make has a lot of that element in it. i think that initial contact frees you up a lot, and after that you are able to be pretty open and relaxed.

your chair in the water picture is pretty classic, too.
i love doing the chair in the water, it brings me a lot of joy. haha!

I've always made eye contact with people when they're talking... unless I'm trying to signal them to "piss off." ha ha!

I've always been that way, too. For me, I was giving them a signal that I cared about what they were saying, plus I can watch them and absorb all the cues they are putting off... not just the words themselves.

i make a HUGE amount of eye contact, i do think it helps you focus on the communication. i am not a blinker either, i don't blink.
but to me it is instinctual, for me it is very hard not to look someone in the eye.

unless I'm trying to signal them to "piss off." ha ha!

i think that when i want somebody to piss off it is a lot easier and much more effective to make LOTS of eye contact, to tell them through your eyes.

also,
when my wife makes eye contact she is looking for something inside the other person, some kind of fundamental part of that person.
whereas when i make eye contact i am more relating to that person through myself, so i think eye contact for me is about looking for something inside myself that will pull us together.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I have a bit trouble with making eye contact. In the past it was much worse though, I was nearly not able to do some as a child. Learned later from myself by using tricks like looking at the forehead or between the eyes so that it looked around the same.

I am able to do so now a bit better, but often I still avoid it if possible, since they tell way too much about myself, especially when I am sad. But on the other hand it can be very interesting to see other peoples' eyes, since they can Tell much too. And some can be very beautiful *sigh*

I heard already relative often I would have nice eyes; don't Know then how to react, makes me for some reason feel uncomfortable.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I have a bit trouble with making eye contact. In the past it was much worse though, I was nearly not able to do some as a child. Learned later from myself by using tricks like looking at the forehead or between the eyes so that it looked around the same.

I am able to do so now a bit better, but often I still avoid it if possible, since they tell way too much about myself, especially when I am sad. But on the other hand it can be very interesting to see other peoples' eyes, since they can Tell much too. And some can be very beautiful *sigh*

I heard already relative often I would have nice eyes; don't Know then how to react, makes me for some reason feel uncomfortable.

Lets get Biaxident to give a clinic on eye contact for INFPS! Because he won't look away.:nice:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP

Interesting. When dudes try to lock eyes with me I assume they're fags and want to rub their pole against mine. So, of course, I don't want to send them the signal that I like rubbing poles so I try to only look at women. How could I tell the difference between say, someone like you, and a faggot?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I like eye contact. It's necessary to see who is susceptible to mind control.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting. When dudes try to lock eyes with me I assume they're fags and want to rub their pole against mine. So, of course, I don't want to send them the signal that I like rubbing poles so I try to only look at women. How could I tell the difference between say, someone like you, and a faggot?

The straight guy isn't gazing at you with moist lips and a hard on? :laugh:

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh God!

My eyes!!

You've outdone yourself this time.

So much so that I think I'm going to be... be...

And for good measure.

Face.jpg

Sick!!!!

:sick: :sick: :sick:

barforama barforama barforama barforama barforama

:cheese:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I never look below the waist. The air is rare up here.

That's all fine and good, neither do I.
The moist lips would register if you were looking at their eyes/face.
If the guy were into you, you would feel the hard on, not see it. :doh:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
That's all fine and good, neither do I.
The moist lips would register if you were looking at their eyes/face.
If the guy were into you, you would feel the hard on, not see it. :doh:

You've clearly given this a lot of thought.

sculpting

Many Fi users will make very little eye contact.
Many Ti users can make extremely direct piercing eye contact-they see every detail
Many Te users can be very dominating in their eye contact
Many Fe users make direct eye contact but it is softer and out of the left side of their eyes-your left not theirs

Which leaves lots of other people who can do whatever they would like and not fit it any box above.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Intense eye contact with a lady alone turns me on.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Oh God!

My eyes!!

You've outdone yourself this time.

So much so that I think I'm going to be... be...

Sick!!!!

:sick: :sick: :sick:

:cheese:

I guess I'll just have to try harder!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:cheese: I necromanced a 2 year old thread that I started here for you!

Truly ancient eye contact thread, with poll! :holy:

I tend to make eye contact with people while talking to them, unless it's something serious or unpleasant to talk about- then I take the stereotypical dude approach of talking to them while something else is going on- like a tv show or driving :)

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I make eye contact, I think it's important, and I like when others can meet it. I don't however try to make others uncomfortable with it. If I sense I am making them uncomfortable, I tone it down.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I make eye contact, I think it's important, and I like when others can meet it. I don't however try to make others uncomfortable with it. If I sense I am making them uncomfortable, I tone it down.

You should just close one eye.