• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wasting Time

G

Ginkgo

What is time?

Time is an illusion that beguiles us into imagining that we have control over reality.

The conservatives seek to preserve time because they cling to the control that they had in the past.

However, because we are literally moving forward into the future, as time and space are relevant; our only option is to be liberal.

Even if existence were to be contracted to a previous state, we must still progress to arrive there. So, we may find that being liberal could essentially produce conservative results.

We must also ask ourselves: Does time have a quantitative value, or a qualitative value?

The answer is both - even Aldous Huxley responded with his own answer :"Who lives longer? The man who takes heroin for two years and dies, or a man who lives on roast beef, water and potatoes 'till 95? One passes his 24 months in eternity. All the years of the beefeater are lived only in time."

Unfortunately, in isolated ecstasy, you ignore the lives of others for the sake of your own qualitative pleasure.

This is why mutual climaxes during sex are inextricably amazing, and why global peace and prosperity would universally steal time from the clutches of decay.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
When I'm not satisfying or working/playing to satisfy one of my goals in life.

teacups&cupcakes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
abcd
Well, I'm going to quote T.S. Eliot (although John Lennon said something very similar) - "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time".

So, yeah.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Interesting .. It depends which perspective i look at it from.

Am i wasting time if i am laying in my bed for 2 hours just day dreaming .. I don't think so, i am being productive in my thinking whilst relaxing my body.

Although by having moments like the above, i am not accomplishing the things i really do want to do.

:doh: