• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Self improvement wise: What one thing that you've learnt from each MBTI type

soft bunny

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
One of the major reason that I've been reading up on MBTI and meeting people of different types is to learn a "skill" from each type .

Would you please help me on this topic. Like share your experience and thoughts on each type. Also, it would be great if you can direct me to some 'exercise' that can help me to gain those skills.

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
Using functions in a positive instead of a negative way.

Jaguar

Also, it would be great if you can direct me to some 'exercise' that can help me to gain those skills.

Go to Amazon.com and order Functions of Type by Gary Hartzler.
I think you will find it helpful.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
It's funny this thread hasn't got any descriptive replies.

lastrailway

Js: "Think quickly and decide as soon as possible. Don't try and find ways to make the decision less definite or compromising."
(Yet to learn this skill)

NFs:
1) "I understand why I am feeling the way I am and I know I can use it to my favour - for personal development or whatever"
(Yet to learn)
2) "I know what will make me feel better, what is more correct, more aligned to my whole worldview and outlook of life and I'll try and get it".
(Trying...)

SPs:
1) "If there is a way to do this, I will find the way and do it"
(Trying to get there)
2) "Life is fun, learn to live it more and worry less"
(Almost there).

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
One thing I've learned from the ENTP way is not to necessarily judge an experience as good or bad. That experience is just what it is. This makes it less scary to try things that look scary or unpleasant.

The INFJ way is a good example of how to listen to and trust my intuition.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
One thing I've learned from the ENTP way is not to necessarily judge an experience as good or bad. That experience is just what it is. This makes it less scary to try things that look scary or unpleasant.

Hihi, this is very true.

I learned ambition from a ENXJ, and I'm pretty sure he learned how different perspectives work from me.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
ESTJ: At times, action is just straight out required and zeroing in on a small detail thinking it will unravel a plan is irrational
ESFJ: Your actions affect other people, regardless of whether you can find concrete rationale for the effect it had, and you sometimes have to adjust yourself because of those people
ISFJ: Being kind and considerate can be rewarding at times

INTP: ???
ENTP: I don't think fourth dimensionally enough. Thanks Doc Brown.
ENTJ: There's always an "I win" plan. You just have to find it.
INTJ: Not every plan has to be followed to the exact detail. A plan can be slightly adjusted due to general things in the plan not having as strict requirements as I thought.

INFJ: Social traditions suck because people are stupid.
ENFJ: There's good in everyone. You just have to find it.
xNFP: There are things in the world more important than geeky hobbies.

ESFP: Rules aren't required to be followed. They're really just loose guidelines. Have fun!
ISFP: It's okay to tell people to fuck off for the sake of your own independence.
ISTP: There's always a way to go screw around for fun or screw up someone's plan just to fuck with them.
ESTP: There's nothing more important in the world than getting laid.

MBTI Type
INFP
ESTJ: Sometimes, you need to be grounded, thick-skinned, and self-sufficient in life in order to achieve what needs to be done and actualize the plan you have in mind.
ESFJ: Every occasion calls for certain types of social etiquette and expectations, which will only better improve the way you approach and interact with others, since in the end, your actions affect people.
ISFJ: Patience, kindness, and endurance has it's virtues, since helpfulness toward others can prove both beneficial to society and rewarding to yourself.
ISTJ: Rules and responsibility play a crucial rule in establishing an orderly, well-structured and efficient society and keeping everyone from going insane.

INTP: Life has concrete logical explanations that can only be determined when dissociating from the emotions that make you think irrationally and learning to accept the harsh truth as it is.
ENTP: Instead of rigidly holding on to your own perspective, try to analyze and play with everyone else's objectively every once in a while in order to keep an open mind and keep yourself from getting stuck in a rut.
ENTJ: In order to become successful in life, you need to have a vision and aggressively fight for it, at the expense of what other people think.
INTJ: It is good to be strong-minded and have a vision you methodically want to achieve, but never to be point of obsessiveness, perfection, or single-mindedness.

INFJ: You need to trust your instincts and learn not to second-guess yourself when reaching a conclusion, since there is so much more depth than we're able to see at surface level.
ENFJ: You need to take time to learn about and understand people before coming to judgments, and the only way to do so is by opening up and getting involved.
INFP: You need to be true to yourself and become your own best friend before you can even consider becoming involved with someone else, since if you don't learn to please yourself above all, you will ultimately lose touch with yourself and end up living someone else's life.
ENFP: Life is a maze full with endless possibility, so in life, there truly is no right or wrong answer, since everything can come together and form something bigger than you'd ever imagine.

ESFP: Sometimes, you need to let loose, live in the present moment, and have fun, since living and thinking too much in your own head can be hazardous to your health.
ISFP: You need to understand your own feelings and learn to be easygoing, self-reliant and independent instead of relying on others too much to guide you and keep you company.
ISTP: There is always a practical solution that becomes rather obvious once you just let go of what society thinks and start analyzing your environment objectively.
ESTP: You need to accomplish whatever you can in the short amount of time you have on earth and live without constant worrying or restraints.

Alea_iacta_est

INTPs: Depth of thought (its worked out well so much that I've mistyped as INTP)
INTJs: Managing Efficiency
ENTJs: How to lead effectively and powerfully
ESTJs: Their individual weaknesses so I can rip them apart when they piss me off

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
From Ti doms, the value of precision.