• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hypothetically if..

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...I would not, however, show kindness to you. I would show you my fist.

Marcia,

Threatening other members of the forum is not acceptable. Your adherence to the forum's rules is appreciated.

Thanks.

-Halla

Little_Sticks

I would only give money if the person seemed like he/she wouldn't use the money to intentionally self-destructively stay in his/her current position as homeless. If the money is used to at least attempt to help the person better their situation, what harm is there really?

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I always give money to homeless people, because I feel bad for them.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
I've donated the odd sandwich to homeless guys on a number of occassions. I've yet to meet anyone that got pissed off by this small gesture.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'd buy the person lunch, and talk to him about his situation over lunch. If he seemed interested in bettering his situation, then I'd offer him a job or give him the name of a contact that could provide work that he was interested in. In the latter case I'd also put him up in a hotel and buy him some new clothes and help him be presentable for any job interview.

lookingglassworld

MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
3w4
I'd buy the person lunch, and talk to him about his situation over lunch. If he seemed interested in bettering his situation, then I'd offer him a job or give him the name of a contact that could provide work that he was interested in. In the latter case I'd also put him up in a hotel and buy him some new clothes and help him be presentable for any job interview.

Same here!!:wubbie:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I'd want to give him money, but what moral decision forces me to give money to a "good-hearted homeless person"? Whether I give him money or not would not adversely affect myself, or my ability to maintain myself. I would intentionally not give him money just to prove that the morally sound option isn't always a forced option. I always have the opportunity to use my free will and act like they don't exist.

This is probably because I just wouldn't find much enjoyment with "charity." I'd rather go do something for myself. It's just a regular cost/benefit analysis that I'd likely benefit more by being selfish than providing charity.

Normally, when I see homeless people on the streets, I avoid them because of how relatively unpredictable they are. What are the chances of them using the money for something good? Will the money have lasting impact? Do I really care about them? If I give this homeless person money, what makes them different from the last one that I didn't? Where's the consistency? Do I feel safe around them, security wise and health wise? Why are they even homeless in the first place? Is it really that impossible to FIX the situation on your own? Should I question their character?

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I wouldn't deviate from the standard. no matter what option that is.