• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Makes A Genius ?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Genius to me is an exceptional ability to do something great with apparently very minimal effort that's beyond the ability of most people.

krypton1te

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Genius is anyone who makes use of his or her's mind. To customize and utilize it for a better possible world.

JustAMind

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
?
whatever it takes!

I only observed top sportsman myself, geniuses in a narrow field
I also read some books by Brian Tracy and Dennis Waitley on success, short version would be

love, work, talent

Last edited:

Alea_iacta_est

outliers.jpg

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Someone who accomplishes something extraordinary and on which people agree that they couldn't have done it.

Mole

Permabanned
Social conditions make a genius.

So when we ask what makes a genius, we are asking about past social conditions.

This is misleading because our present and future social conditions are unlikely to produce individual genius.

Present and future social conditions are unlikely to produce individual genius, but these same social conditions are likely to produce electronic tribal genius.

In fact such etribal genius is likely to appear in the etribe of Typology Central.

So we should relax, and listen to the evibe of our tribe. Who knows what we might hear?

Cygnus

Social conditions make a genius.

So when we ask what makes a genius, we are asking about past social conditions.

This is misleading because our present and future social conditions are unlikely to produce individual genius.

Present and future social conditions are unlikely to produce individual genius, but these same social conditions are likely to produce electronic tribal genius.

In fact such etribal genius is likely to appear in the etribe of Typology Central.

So we should relax, and listen to the evibe of our tribe. Who knows what we might hear?

Whoa dude

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I’d say a faster processor.

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Just genetic, people with a neural speed higher than 99.99999 percent of people are geniuses.

Excuse me, high intelligence has nothing with speed, but with complexity. Computers are fast, but human brains are complex. Think about the hologram.

Three-dimensional model of the human brain. The more complex the connections between neurons, the more complex is brain architecture, and processing is slower.

You can not be fast and have a complex intelligence at the same time. ~ Stephen Hawking, The Universe in a Nutshell.

Einstein worked for days, months to solve complex problems. Grigori Perelman took years to solve the Poincaré conjecture.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'd say more efficient code.

Faster processor = Genius, the ability, a trait.
When we turn on the trait and make it work,
the result is >> Efficient code = genius act.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Exuse me, high intelligence has nothing with speed, but with complexity. Computers are fast, but human brains are complex. Think about the hologram.

Three-dimensional model of the human brain. The more complex the connections between neurons, the more complex is brain architecture, and processing is slower.

You can not be fast and have a complex intelligence at the same time. ~ Stephen Hawking, The Universe in a Nutshell.

Einstein worked for days, months to solve complex problems. Grigori Perelman took years to solve the Poincaré conjecture.

Ahahaha, you’re actually replying to me yet not quoting my post.
Childish act.
Anyway, it’s speed, anyone can do come up with genius thoughts but it takes more time.

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram

Ahahaha, you’re actually replying to me yet not quoting my post.
Childish act.
Anyway, it’s speed, anyone can do come up with genius thoughts but it takes more time.

So, you are smarter than Hawking? Sorry, Marie Curie, I didn't recognize you.

P.S. I didn't replay to you, I replayed exactly whom I replayed. I didn't even read your post.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
So, you are smarter than Hawking? Sorry, Marie Curie, I didn't recognize you.

P.S. I didn't replay to you, I replayed exactly whom I replayed. I didn't even read your post.

Expected.
I deserve that, I’ve rushed.

Mole

Permabanned
Just as a steam train makes a steam train driver, so literacy made the genius.

Interestingly literacy is over as our dominent media, so genius is also over. Yet we look into our rear vision mirror at genius, while electronic tribalism is rushing towards us through the windshield.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Just as a steam train makes a steam train driver, so literacy made the genius.

Interestingly literacy is over as our dominent media, so genius is also over. Yet we look into our rear vision mirror at genius, while electronic tribalism is rushing towards us through the windshield.

Perhaps you should update your definition of genius.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I don't know but I once saw a box on a wizard's table that said "Genius Maker Container," on it but when I tried to open it to see if a genius maker was inside all I found was this....:hi::D:hug:

Mole

Permabanned
Perhaps you should update your definition of genius.

The word genius is part of the history of ideas. And ideas occur in a time and place and are mediated by the media. And when the media change, the ideas change.

Very few of us can see what is happening in front of us, while most of us see with 20/20 vision with hindsight. And genius hoves into view when we can see genius from the outside. Everyone and their dog can now see genius.

It takes no genius to see genius today.