• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It's such a shameful problem.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Somatization, I mean. Or whatever it's called.

I need a blood test... eventually.

But I ended up in the nurse's office, today. Dizzy, for a very long time, at least twenty minutes, even when on my back. They took my temperature, asked me questions, no, they couldn't find anything, I was probably faking, but they let me stay anyway...

such a shameful problem. Eventually, for a blood test, I will not be able to lie down, I'll be mocked, I'll pass out, mocked more, nothing more to do... what's the point... I feel sick...

heart

heart on fire
Dizziness is sometimes a very hard thing for even neurologists to pinpoint why it happens. A hardly think a school nurse is qualified to diagnose you with somantization disorder.

Somatization is not faking. It feels real to the person experiencing it.

Malingering is faking. They aren't feeling sick and they know it.

Some people just get lightheaded at times, maybe low blood pressure, maybe low blood sugar, maybe too much caffiene. It's a very good idea to see your doctor.

I hope they can get this straghtened out for you very soon.

Did you feel that you were spinning or that the room was spinning (vertigo) or was it just lightheadedness?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
But if you feel sick and you know it's fake, then is it fake or is it sick?

Is there a difference?

heart

heart on fire
But if you feel sick and you know it's fake, then is it fake or is it sick?

Is there a difference?

First off, how do you know it's fake?

People have panic attacks all the time and they aren't faking. They'd love to be free of their symptoms.

Three terms are used as synonyms that aren't really the same thing:

Hypochondria-- Fear of being sick, fear of sickness.
Psychosomatic-- When emotions/stress affect the body and make it sick.
Hysterical--imagined sickness

None of these things are people faking it; they are people who are suffering from conditions they cannot control.

Then there's outright malingering. The faking of being sick. You don't feel sick with malingering.

But don't put a heavier load on yourself by guilting yourself over this. Just go and see a doctor and take steps to finding out what is going on. One step at a time. And yes, some people are heartless morons, they will criticize you and mock you over this.

Sometimes hypochondria on their part is to blame, they are scared of being sick and when people are sick around them without explaination, it scares them. They have to make a faker out of you in order to control their rising fear. You're sick because you want to be, they will stay healthy because they want to, that sort of logic.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Do you suffer from allergies? I do and have a problem with too much fluid in my ears that when it gets bad enough makes me very dizzy. Meniere's (sp) syndrome.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Do you suffer from allergies? I do and have a problem with too much fluid in my ears that when it gets bad enough makes me very dizzy. Meniere's (sp) syndrome.

I suffer from my nerves hate me and I hate them and therefore I hate myself, I think.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I suffer from my nerves hate me and I hate them and therefore I hate myself, I think.
And this will create a continuous loop of suffering. I suggest you kill the loop. Try loving yourself for a change.

heart

heart on fire
Your nerves probably hate you because you hate yourself.

This is unfounded and unnecessary and shows a misunderstanding of anxiety disorders. IF what Hap has is an anxiety disorder even. From what I gather, there hasn't even been a full medical exam with blood work done.

The causes of dizziness usually require extensive testing, like VORTEQ and such to diagnose.

This kind of jargon, you feel sick because you hate yourself, is what really makes people hate themselves. it can start a harmful cycle of self blame when the person already has enough to worry about.

Lark

Blood test could indicate you've got a type of diabetes.

If it is somatization then its not shameful because you have that insight, it would be shameful if you had that insight and didnt do anything about it, just used the illness to maximise the caring attention you'd receive for being sick. I think Freud called that secondary gain or something like that, the things to be gained from appearing or being sick.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
somehow I read the title and was thinking more along the lines of what occurs when I eat splenda :doh: :blush:

have you tried visiting a therapist as well as medical doctors? I know that you were offered about 10 free sessions per semester and then any more than that at a really discounted rate at my university :)

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
i know an enfj who get what seems like allergic reactions due to emotional stres

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:hug:

the human body is a really weird thing- it always has been- stressing over things like you have been isn't helping things at all

you're not a weirdo, you're not weak and if you look into all of the avenues of treatment you'll be fine :)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Have you tried Xanax before? Or anything like it? Not anti-depressants.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
No drugs.

I went to treatment once... but I didn't like treatment. It was a waste of money. So I stopped.

But that doesn't stop anyone from wanting my blood.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I can't do it...

This is definitely malingering. There's something very wrong here.

Snow Turtle

Regardless of whether it's malingering or not. The fact that it's inducing so much stress would, in my eyes, be considered as abnormal behaviour. I'm not sure about the nature of people who fake sickness, but for most students who do, they usually don't end up feeling guilty about it.

Best of like finding what the causes are.